Muslim woman offended by restaurant Bacon ad

are they really, where did you get that bit of information from?  

Pork is not just forbidden by Muslims, plenty of Christians, Sikhs, Hindus and various other religions too.  Its just when they reported offence its not news.

Find us an example of a Sikh complaining that there is a sign in their town which dares to advertise bacon. I'd call them idiots too.

They [sneakers Bistro] also said they regretted any harm it caused and that their goal was never to cause stress or bad feelings.

Caused harm? Stress? Bad feelings!? This is the really sad part about this whole story. As others have said, this women is probably a nut, but the company caving in so quickly and them offering a groveling apology? Who or what were they afraid of more, Muslim backlash or the hyper-sensitive, tolerance police? Or both?

Find us an example of a Sikh complaining that there is a sign in their town which dares to advertise bacon. I'd call them idiots too.

Caused harm? Stress? Bad feelings!? This is the really sad part about this whole story. As others have said, this women is probably a nut, but the company caving in so quickly and them offering a groveling apology? Who or what were they afraid of more, Muslim backlash or the hyper-sensitive, tolerance police? Or both?

Feel free to call them what you like, doesn't make you right. The restaurant owner didn't cave in or run scared its pure business, they know more Muslims will eat there than the bacon serving establishment down the road.

They took down the sign and apologised for offending one person. One person they apparently tried to contact but couldn't.

If that isn't caving in then what is it? Pandering?

Anyone that does not like Bacon is not a human being. :/

I don't know man! I don't like bacon because it's to salty and it's not good for me. Guess I'm some alien. ;-)
  • Like 1

Feel free to call them what you like, doesn't make you right. The restaurant owner didn't cave in or run scared its pure business, they know more Muslims will eat there than the bacon serving establishment down the road.

You still didn't find us an example of anyone, of any other religion that got offended by a sign in their town which dares to advertise bacon. Come on, lets see some proof to back up that argument!!!!

I would have taken down the sign, and put up a TV and played videos of people eating bacon and other pig products.

I would've gotten her address and sent her a Honey Baked Ham. :)

People in western countries should stop acting as if saying "I'm offended" gives Muslims certain rights. If you don't like the culture, don't live here.

I'm offended by the colour red.

I suggest removing all stop signs, brake lights, traffic lights, police cars, and KFC's.

• Like 2

I did not quite follow the video.

About all I could pick out was the F-word.

Was he upset that a Muslim woman asked for bacon ?

Or that he had to touch bacon ? :huh:

Nope, a regular customer just asked for Bacon with their chicken burger.

(I think that KFC Store is halal only and maybe don't serve bacon? (Other guy at counter says we have no bacon when video starts), so he just got upset because they wanted bacon and then even more upset when they started recording his reactions when asked for bacon).

I've seen a few posts which say this is an isolated incident that rarely if ever happens...

But..

Australia (Sydney): Muslim KFC Worker goes nuts when asked for Bacon! (On Chicken Burger) *Warning some course language*

UK: Subway removes bacon from nearly 200 stores due to strong demands.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

article-2616576-0D86CC96000005DC-418_634

In Australia lots of places have started to put up halal meat certified signs and a few are removing pork products all together (Not many though, thankfully). Jewish people don't eat pork either but I've never seen a report about a person of Jewish faith complaining about a sign with bacon on it and then it gets put down. Even Catholic people have a week or something where they don't eat any meats during lent/easter? and I don't see them complaining or forcing stores to remove meat products for that week..

Is it me or that video looks setup, a fast food chain run by Muslims that do not serve bacons and calls him a bitch.  Also perfect timing when the video started to record I wonder what really happened in the beginning.

I don't know man! I don't like bacon because it's to salty and it's not good for me. Guess I'm some alien. ;-)

Yes your from another planet. Only humans like Bacon ;)

• Like 1

I am sorry she was offended, but she didn't have to say anything . . . The advertisement wasn't actually harming anyone.

I'm not. Because getting offended by ANYTHING is stupid. Seriously, I don't even get the concept of being offended. And really, who cares!?!?! Why do people act like offending someone is the worst thing in the world, akin to punching a baby? People need to get a life and stop looking for things to be offended by. If everyone just told people to STFU when they are offended by stupid things like this, instead of catering to them, we wouldn't have all these weak people on the lookout for stuff to be offended by.

I'm not. Because getting offended by ANYTHING is stupid. Seriously, I don't even get the concept of being offended. And really, who cares!?!?! Why do people act like offending someone is the worst thing in the world, akin to punching a baby? People need to get a life and stop looking for things to be offended by. If everyone just told people to STFU when they are offended by stupid things like this, instead of catering to them, we wouldn't have all these weak people on the lookout for stuff to be offended by.

Couldn't of said it better myself. 

Everyone is forgetting the REAL problem. If the restaurant doesn't comply, they can become a terror target or get involved in some kind of hate crime. In other parts of the world, being on crosshair of major terrorist organisation is a risk these shop owners are simply not willing to take. 

It is easy to comment on forums, but a small threat perception can ruin an entire business.

are they really, where did you get that bit of information from?  

Pork is not just forbidden by Muslims, plenty of Christians, Sikhs, Hindus and various other religions too.  Its just when they reported offence its not news.

As someone who is pretty familiar with Hinduism and its religious shenanigans, I don't ever remember reading anything specific about pork in Hinduism. It is either meat or no meat. The only specific thing you find about meat is about beef*. Everything else is a fair game.

*One of my uncles had explained me that in ancient times, cows/bullocks were more useful alive (milk, plowing etc.) their slaughter/consumption was banned so that they can be better used in other ways. It obviously came wrapped in religious mumbo-jumbo so that people would actually follow it. If his reasoning is true, the whole holy-cow-don't-eat-beef is now outdates as with most religious stuff.

and even so, until today i met lots of Hindu friends, and none of them protesting any beef based products and demand that to be pulled, unlike some muslim that for some reason too easily offended by porks.

There must be something different between those religions as the other are became too easily offended, while the other are not.

As someone who is pretty familiar with Hinduism and its religious shenanigans, I don't ever remember reading anything specific about pork in Hinduism. It is either meat or no meat. The only specific thing you find about meat is about beef*. Everything else is a fair game.

*One of my uncles had explained me that in ancient times, cows/bullocks were more useful alive (milk, plowing etc.) their slaughter/consumption was banned so that they can be better used in other ways. It obviously came wrapped in religious mumbo-jumbo so that people would actually follow it. If his reasoning is true, the whole holy-cow-don't-eat-beef is now outdates as with most religious stuff.

So, if that logic applies to Pigs, of what use were they?

So, if that logic applies to Pigs, of what use were they?

Both Islam and Judaism come from a part of the world with a very hot climate.  Pork spoils far quicker than most other meats (as does shellfish), and is almost certainly why both are banned.

Ban something for sensible reasons, then bury those reasons with a cloak of religion, and BOOM, instant taboo.

• Like 3