Diet soda drinkers lose more weight than water drinkers

500 Calories a day is insane! A year and a half ago when I finally decided to loose weight I did a 1200 a day diet I think however I would balance that with days I could eat 1500 as long as I made sure that the extra 300 were burnt by going for a run etc.

But i do agree, starving yourself only makes you unhappy, I remember for for a good while I would be hungry 24/7, waking up hungry and going to sleep hungry was just no way to live. My diet now isn't really restricted and I know I should focus on it a little more as I did put on a bit of weight but I'm happier with myself and I eat mostly what I like so its an ok balance between being ok with how I look but getting to eat the things I love now and again.

Carbs are definately the number one killer for me, I had tried a carb free diet at one point but although it works, it's not for me :p

It's not that you want a carb free diet, but rather the right carbs instead of the wrong ones. Processed foods are usually not the best supplements for this sort of thing. What you want is something like fruits and vegetables. Sweet potatoes are great for example.

It's all about balance really. I'd go more in detail, but I'm at work and it's off subject anyway. :P

• Like 1

It's not that you want a carb free diet, but rather the right carbs instead of the wrong ones. Processed foods are usually not the best supplements for this sort of thing. What you want is something like fruits and vegetables. Sweet potatoes are great for example.

It's all about balance really. I'd go more in detail, but I'm at work and it's off subject anyway. :p

I say Carb Free but it was more like Pasta and Bread I was avoiding, I did try to stay away from potatoes admittedly because it's one of those things that I will eat until I'm ready to burst (my will power is weak when it comes to food) Fruit and Veg were all definitely part of my diet.

Could diet soda be tricking the body? The body thinks it's getting energy from the diet soda so it's fine with starting to use more energy you have stored in your body. 

My guess is that it is the Caffeine in the diet soda that is increasing their metabolism.

It's the aspartame and the phosphoric acid that I don't like. Google some of the studies on that stuff.I'll stick to water.

My guess is that it is the Caffeine in the diet soda that is increasing their metabolism.

the amount of caffeine in these drinks makes a negligible difference to metabolism. even "metabolism boosters" like ephedra only boost metabolism of only a few percent. if you want a real metabolism booster, then you need DNP, which is some pretty dangerous stuff, and you'll have to sit all day in a bath tub full of ice and have the fans on full blast directed towards you.