Xbox One Update: October 2014

I was basically looking for a free Xbox One app and i thought PLEX was it, i don't mind paying a 1 off ?5 fee but not a monthly sub. I will just carry on using the native app until something turns up.

PLEX wont require a monthly fee to use, to get early access to the app you need  be a subscriber, but then it will be available for normal app purchase for everyone, probably around 5 dollars.

I think the October update will go live for all soon'ish, if we go by their past history.    Maybe around the 15th-20th of the month I'd bet, then they'll start talking about November.

• 2 weeks later...

Plex Media Server will function as a DLNA server (I have my 2012R2 box setup with PLEX), so you can pull the media that way. The PlexPass is required if you want to use the Plex App on the XB1.

Well now that October is going out time for them to start talking about November!   Keep the updates coming, when I finally get around to buying a XB1, maybe next year or something, it'll be complete, or close to it, feature wise.

Plex Media Server will function as a DLNA server (I have my 2012R2 box setup with PLEX), so you can pull the media that way. The PlexPass is required if you want to use the Plex App on the XB1.

But are MKV being transcoded ??

No, plex pass is required to get the XO plex app in the start, then it will be offered as a one time app purchase. Like other plex apps.