Disallow animated avatars and signatures

How many tabs do you have open.. Let me fireup chrome

What adblocker are you using? Loading chrome up now, so what are u using to show the summary - since chrome opens a new process for every tab.. that has to has some overhead if you ask me ;)

Just installed adblock plus on it. But have to do some real work, so will get back to it later.. But what are you loading that you use up 2.6GB in a browser be it adblock or not?

EDIT: I show with add block less memory than with in chrome - I didn't even get to finish loading the all the pages and its 200MB more..

msg-14624-0-90534500-1412720766.png

msg-14624-0-56842500-1412720778.png

Crisp, on 06 Oct 2014 - 08:58, said:

snapback.png

I come to this site for its content, not to look at avatars. I personally have no problem with them, it sets people apart and helps put names to faces (avatars).

QFT

Lol this thread has spiraled into adblock memory usage :laugh: good chaps :P

I think this has continued for long enough. There are solutions available, as this post points out, among others.

While the guidelines are subjective when it comes to animated avatars and signatures, I suggest that you use the report button to bring it to staff attention, and we'll decide whether it is absolutely unnecessary or within some level of acceptability.

(Sorry for the last gif, I was running short of ideas and it seemed to be the least annoying of all that I had found.)

<Thread closed>