'Dredd' Resurrected in Seven Part Miniseries From Producer Adi Shankar

llnyor.png

Shankar has been working on this project in secret for almost two years. Per The Wrap:

Since Shankar?s unofficial ?Dredd? project was done off-the-grid, it?s technically a part of his popular Bootleg Universe, which includes the short ?Punisher: Dirty Laundry? starring Thomas Jane and Ron Perlman, as well as ?Venom: Truth in Journalism,? which starred Ryan Kwanten as Spider-Man villain Eddie Brock.

We?re getting a seven part miniseries from producer Adi Shankar that will be released next month for free. There?s no word on if Karl Urban or Olivia Thirlby will be participating (though Thomas Jane came back for Dirty Laundry so I suppose it?s a possibility) but I guess we?ll all find out soon enough.

Source

• Like 1

If a movie isn't an option then this is better than nothing yes?

Sure but just saying what would've been better for me personally.  Besides this sounds kind of low budget and I don't know how it'll turn out.  I thought the movie did well enough to be able to get a sequel but maybe not.

No thanks! The movie was absolutely TERRIBLE.  :no:

We're talking about the new one, not with Stallone and Schneider. You should check out the new one, it's way better.

Dredd was awesome! I rented it on Amazon when it first came out not expecting much, and before I got halfway through I had already purchased the blu-ray! :) Excited about this.

We're talking about the new one, not with Stallone and Schneider. You should check out the new one, it's way better.

That's the one I was talking about.

I disagree. Stallone's Dredd was far closer to the comics I remember than Kurban's.  The new one tried to be too "real" itself of setting itself in the comic universe where it belongs.

The only thing wrong about Stallone's version was taking the helmet off.

• Like 1

I disagree. Stallone's Dredd was far closer to the comics I remember than Kurban's.  The new one tried to be too "real" itself of setting itself in the comic universe where it belongs.

The only thing wrong about Stallone's version was taking the helmet off.

Exactly. For the era the Stallone movie was pretty decent, though obviously it doesn't hold up to modern standards.