Couple's $680G beach house is built on wrong lot

HAMMOCK DUNES ? Six months after building a large custom house with an ocean view, Missouri residents Mark and Brenda Voss learned of a big problem ? it?s on the wrong lot.

Their three-story vacation rental house with an estimated construction value of $680,000 actually sits on the lot next to the one they own in the gated Ocean Hammock resort community.

?We are in total disbelief, just amazed this could happen,? said Mark Voss, who owns a property management and real estate company in central Missouri. ?We may have moved (to Ocean Hammock) someday. But, with this headache and grief, we?re not so sure. The Midwest is looking pretty good right now.?

The Voss?s builder, Keystone Homes, which is based in Ormond Beach but builds primarily in Flagler County, has contacted the two lot owners and other parties and is trying to negotiate a settlement, said Robbie Richmond, company vice president.

?The buck stops with the builder. We know that. We are in the process of trying to schedule a conference call and find a fair resolution without the lawyers,? Richmond said. ?I have built about 600 homes in Flagler County and this has never happened to me before. It does happen, but it?s rare.?

The Vosses, who own 18 other residential lots in the Hammock Dunes master-planned community, paid $160,000 for one with a street address of 23 Ocean Ridge Blvd. North in June 2012, according to Flagler County property records. They hired Keystone Homes to design and build a 5,000-square-foot house there to use as a vacation rental managed by Vacation Rental Pros in St. Augustine.

source

Keystone Homes, which is based in Ormond Beach but builds primarily in Flagler County, has contacted the two lot owners and other parties and is trying to negotiate a settlement,

I BET THEY ARE!! What a bunch of idiots.