Modified XBOX

With a modchip you can play DVD's without buying the remote. ;)

werd? i was looking into the xecutor 2.3 lite+ is that a good choice? i looked into it cuz there is no soldering required and it works with all the xbox models. and i cant find it in stock in any good non scam sites

if you are lookin for a modchip try modchips.ca they are great for customer service. i got a bad chip and they replaced it for me no questions asked.. very fast too.

got a question, sorry if its stupid. can u use ur xbox to surf the net without getting xbox live?

If you put Linux on. Someone's probably written an XBOX web browser, tho.

about that 4979 bios repack

it came with 4979.06 and 4979.67

which one to use?

and those are 256k bioses, why the tutorials i seen say that i need to convert them into 1mb bios files?

i also got SlaYers Evox Auto installer 2.5 final

that comes with 4977 x2 bios customized by Slayers, did any one used it?

about that 4979 bios repack

it came with 4979.06 and 4979.67

which one to use?

and those are 256k bioses, why the tutorials i seen say that i need to convert them into 1mb bios files?

i also got SlaYers Evox Auto installer 2.5 final

that comes with 4977 x2 bios customized by Slayers, did any one used it?

You have to fill up the chip. It cannot just be one 256k bios. You can fill up the bays with the same bios if you want. It should work just fine. I ended up doing two 4979 on one side and 4977 on the other to be safe.

4979.06 = < 137 GB

4979.67 = > 137 GB

I guess use it to format your drive correctly and I think you lock it with that. But be sure to get the individual programs elsewhere so you get the most up to date versions. What you will need...

DVD2XBox: try to get the latest 0.5.2 update. There has been some problems with it lately but the 0.5.2 tc1/2 seems to be working just fine for now.

Avalaunch: Should be the dashboard of choice. MXM was pretty good but could be better and Unleash seems like it could be a winner at this stage. Avalaunch lacks in "flash" but it gets the job done perfectly. You can now download skins directly from the dashboard as well.

XBMP/C: Player has been around for a while so it's the most reliable but since Center will eventually take over you might as well give it a shot.

DVD2XBox: try to get the latest 0.5.2 update. There has been some problems with it lately but the 0.5.2 tc1/2 seems to be working just fine for now.

that to copy from dvd to xbox hard drive right?

for now i'm leaving the stock drive in there

so i need something to backup my games

clonexb should work, once i get the modchip, and ftp

about the ftp

is that part of the modchip or the bios or some xbox program?

they had ftp built into the 4978 bios, but they've since taken it out. as of now, it's part of a program or your dashboard.

so i will have to install evox ?

mod-chip got a switch

so when its off, it will be normal ms dashboard

when on it will be evox?

im planning on getting a modchip, now i have xbox v.1 and i want one that i can solder in and have a siwtch, ive been looking at the X-Ecuter 2.2 LITE and the X-Ecuter 2.2 PRO, do i need the Hardware Bios Flash: programmer? i see the pro comes with it and its only 11bucks more and if i get the lite and need the programmer later one its 15 so if i got the pro id save a few bucks

so i will have to install evox ?

mod-chip got a switch

so when its off, it will be normal ms dashboard

when on it will be evox?

evox or whatever dash you have set up will be used with the chip is on. when the chip is off, msdash will boot.

Circaflex:

you only need an external programmer if you really mess up otherwise you can flash using evox or ozflash.

it doesnt matter what version you have when deciding on pro or lite. i say go for the lite and not the lite+. i know on the 2.2lite+ it might take awhile to align the pogo pins. on the 2.3 i'm not sure.

i have the 2.3lite on a v1.0 and i havent had any problems. if you're at least some what skilled at soldering, then you can wire install it in like 10min. i did the header and it took about the same time.

I installed the xecutor 2.3b lite+ on a 1.5 xbox using an evox bios and i installed evox as the defualt dashboard. If you rename the files right then when you have the switch in the on position you would be able to boot to evox and when it is off you can boot to the original MS dashboard. Remember to back up the C partition for sure right after you install evox. Incase you put in a game and it tries to update xbox live. It might ruin the ms dashboard but if you have a backup of your C you can easily restore it. Also when you first screw in your modchip and you boot on the 1.5s people tend to get no video i didnt but if the cd drive pops out it needs a bios update so that is when you stick a cd-rw with the bios.bin on there and you should use a dummy file of about 50 megs so that the xbox will read it easier.

question regarding a power supply mod...

can you use a standard atx power supply with the 1.5 version of the xbox?

or do you have to modify the pins and connections?

• 2 weeks later...

i modded my xbox with xecuter 2.3b lite plus 3979 bios on the chip

and using evolution x

ms dashboard is still the same name xboxdash.bxe

if i just turn off the chip (with the switch)

will it work with live?, or will i have to remove evox from the hard drive?