Modified XBOX

can a un modded xbox boot up to a evox cd to be networked in order to flash the onboard bios tsop?

if not how do i flash my bios without the use of a mod chip?

without takin the chip off and sticking it a programmer?

i know how to unlock the bios to make it flashable and i have the bios file i plan on useing

What are you trying to do? Flash the XBox bios?? I don't think that's possible. You can only flash the modchip.

QUOTE (top_man9 @ Jan 21 2004, 12:35)

can a un modded xbox boot up to a evox cd to be networked in order to flash the onboard bios tsop?

if not how do i flash my bios without the use of a mod chip?

without takin the chip off and sticking it a programmer?

i know how to unlock the bios to make it flashable and i have the bios file i plan on useing

What are you trying to do? Flash the XBox bios?? I don't think that's possible. You can only flash the modchip.

there must be away as my box as never had a mod chip fitted

it as just had the bios modded the onboard bios that is. and it plays everything and as evox installed.

wot i need to know is how would i go about modding the onboard bios on a retail unmodded box with out fitting a mod chip??

there most be away cos thats how mines been done

huh? Buddy the only way that you can accomplish mod like abilities is to use a software exploit. I highly doubt it will allow you to modify the actual Xbox bios. Perhaps you should direct your question to www.xbox-scene.com - Guys over there are a lot more knowledgeble than we are. I doubt you're gonna get a different answer that what I just gave you.

Plus, you would be voiding your warranty if you ended up figuring out a way to do it. You might as well mod the damn thing and be done with it. Makes life a whole lot easier.

from what i read, the companies that manufacture the dvd players (which are actually the same as any pc dvd player if im not mistaken) sends them to microsoft who then flashes the firmware on it so that it would be able to read xbox games. wouldnt it be easier to make a new firmware built upon the one already in the xbox to make it read copied cds? or is that too farfetched?

he's referring to the tsop. aren't there programs to reflash the tsop?

repost

AvaLaunch Question

i got AvaLaunch .48.3, and you know when you turn on the xbox it displays this POST like messege.

is there any way to set it up to show some type of picture instead of that?

anyone?

i tried avalaunch, and i really didn't like it. are you forced to have that menu layout? every skin i saw had the same layout.

nekrosoft, did you try a different skin? i bet if it was customizable, that different skins would change it to match.

Did they ever get the 1.5 issue with flashing the TSOP worked out? If so, I'm assuming there is a different soldering method as the board is different.

yup i've done my mates 1.5 winbond tsop, its easier than the sharp ones as you dont need to take the mobo out

Edited by LiGhTfast

i just ordered the xenium chip and looking for a installation tutorial for it and cant find any. the one offered at the website is so vague and short. i looked at it and the first pic is of the chip on the mobo. what part of the mobo does it go on? :huh:

im a total noob to this and that tutorial barely helps me install a chip. it seems as if that tutorial is for people who have previous experience installing chips or im just that retarded :blush: :ninja:

IMO you should cancel that order and either get a 2.3lite or wait till february for the x3. much better chips and way better support have a look at www.teamxecuter.com

IMO you should cancel that order and either get a 2.3lite or wait till february for the x3. much better chips and way better support have a look at www.teamxecuter.com

a lil too late for that, it shipped :(

everyone said it was a good chip so i decided to get it. we'll just have to see when it gets here. they are releasing the solderless addon option for this chip, if anything ill get it.

i tried avalaunch, and i really didn't like it. are you forced to have that menu layout? every skin i saw had the same layout.

nekrosoft, did you try a different skin? i bet if it was customizable, that different skins would change it to match.

i will check some other skins

thanks BroChaos

where is the best place to buy xbox mod chips in the Uk ?... im looking for the Xecuter 2.3 Lite plus *the one that doesnt need any soldering* :D

alo what toold would i need to turn an old 60gig HD i have into a Xbox format drive :happy:

repost

AvaLaunch Question

i got AvaLaunch .48.3, and you know when you turn on the xbox it displays this POST like messege.

is there any way to set it up to show some type of picture instead of that?

anyone?

download the latest. .48.4 I think. It should take care of it.