Interstellar and Guardians of the Galaxy

Watched both Interstellar and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Interstellar is a bag of crap that's trying too hard to be a modern 2001: A Space Odyssey... that's 2:45hrs of my life I'm not getting back as it doesn't hold a candle to a classic like 2001.

Guardians on the other hand, a brilliant, funny, clever, comic book romp that was frankly too short and makes me hanker after Guardians 2.

I'd give Interstellar 5/10 and Guardians 9/10

...and i think you are being generous with GOG, I agree it was too short, because I feel the pace of the film was too quick to the spectator get involved with the movie characters.

• Like 1

did not watch interstellar,  but i watched GoG and it definately does not deserve the praise i see many people giving it.

i though it was reasonably entertaining,  so maybe 6/10 tops.     no where near the fun of X-Men the days of future past.     but that is my opinion i guess... and many disagree.

it is the first movie with tomatometer of 90 and audience of 94, that i just did not like.

• 1 month later...

I thought Intersteller was amazing.  Probably one of my favorite movies ever.  The visuals where stunning in IMAX, and I left the theater knowing I needed a 4K TV.    Guardians of the Galaxy was awesome as well.  Not quite the same being a comedy.  To each his own I guess.  I'm still looking forward to trying out the ISS from Intersteller on Oculus Rift when it comes out.  That'll be epic for sure. 

did not watch interstellar,  but i watched GoG and it definately does not deserve the praise i see many people giving it.

i though it was reasonably entertaining,  so maybe 6/10 tops.     no where near the fun of X-Men the days of future past.     but that is my opinion i guess... and many disagree.

it is the first movie with tomatometer of 90 and audience of 94, that i just did not like.

I'd put the pure fun and not taking itself seriousness far above the annoying reset button deus ex machina of Days of future past. It's the absolute WORST storytelling technique EVER. Star Trek made it work, X-Men... did not, mostly because it was unnecessary. 

X-Men was so boring that I fell a sleep. G of G was excellent . . . the other foremention movie was so so.

you mean the latest x-men? vs g of g???

and you found the xmen boring???

LOL. lets agree to disargee.   i did actually fell asleep at G of G.

it was a long day and i was at the theater that allowed beer at the seat.

however, unlike GofG,  x-men had me gripped at the edge of my seat without boredom.

different strokes i guess.

Interstellar was a huge disappointment in so many ways. Guardians was an unexpected treat that I enjoyed so much more than almost every other Marvel movie. I don't score many movies a perfect 10 so Guardians wouldn't get that, but otherwise I'd agree pretty closely with OP's scores :) 

Interstellar was trying too hard I agree. It was a okay film just about 45 minutes too long. Also it was not anywhere near as clever as they seem to think it was. I did enjoy Nolan's representation of time collapsed to a three dimensional space though. Visually very nicely done. I saw Predestination a few days before Interstellar though and as Predestination is incredible I think perhaps that impacted my appreciation for Interstellar's time travel mechanics.

GotG was a very fun movie with great characters and well done effects. I am not a huge super hero movie fan but I did enjoy GotG a lot, much more than I was expecting too.