Feds spend $466,642 to study why obese girls have less sex

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/endo-meetings.2014.OABA.18.MON-0930

Endocrine Society's 96th Annual Meeting and Expo, June 21?24, 2014 - Chicago

MON-0930:

Body Mass Index (BMI)'s of Public High School Football Players Are Similar in Lean and Fat States

>

>

Conclusions: Participants in PHS football whether in lean or fat States have similar BMI that may appear overweight due to athelete muscle over fat weight for height (kg/M^2). Mean BMI?s for Overall and specific player positions were not significantly different though Line player BMI?s trend upward as might be anticipated for the tasks required of them. Mean BMI?s were significantly higher (*p<0.01) for L players when compared with those of Q & B players. Our results favor organized sports with attention to safety first rotation of player positions to achieve healthy adolescent weight control.

I thought fat chicks got plenty of sex as they are thought of as easy lays and therefore common targets for hard up insecure guys. At least that is how it seems to have been when I was at university.

Its clearly because nobody wants to date an Obese girl.

You can say I'm being offensive but its a fact.

Offensive?  No.  Ignorant?  Yes.   While I don't find them attractive, there are many out there that do. And there are many people out there who don't find women who are twigs attractive either.   And not sure about anyone else, but I would rather date someone who is a good person who has some extra pounds than someone who is an ######.  I find a bad personality more unattractive in may aspects over how much someone weighs.   A bad personality can make the most beautiful person ugly.

• Like 2

That study doesn't mean what you think it means DocM. Care to actually make a rebuttal against what I said instead of throwing links out  quoting papers whole only have summary access to that you don't understand. Remember as a student I have access to these kinds of papers and can see the actual study.

I've been there myself and seen 6'2" 230 lb to 6'11" 310 lb linemen with six packs and visible veins to their deltoids. I was one of those guys, with thighs so muscular my mother had to buy pants 6-8" too large and take the waist in. 50" chest, size 15 feet and could hardly find shirts to fit my 22" neck and huge upper arms. Ended up wearing pullovers and sweaters most of the the time. Got those throwing hay bales onto a flatbed.

BMI is a useless measurement when talking about young, super-active players who power lift >300 lbs and can do 700+ lb leg presses in their sleep. Especially rural kids.

This is similar to when you claimed football player caloric intakes couldn't be as high a 5,000 cal a day then Lo and Behold, they can be up to 10,000 a day during 2-a-day drills. If they don't eat that much and carb-load they drop like a rock mid-game.

• Like 1

I've been there myself and seen 6'2" 230 lb to 6'11" 310 lb linemen with six packs and visible veins to their deltoids. I was one of those guys, with thighs so muscular my mother had to buy pants 6-8" too large and take the waist in. 50" chest, size 15 feet and could hardly find shirts to fit my 22" neck and huge upper arms. Ended up wearing pullovers and sweaters most of the the time. Got those throwing hay bales onto a flatbed.

BMI is a useless measurement when talking about young, super-active players who power lift >300 lbs and can do 700+ lb leg presses in their sleep. Especially rural kids.

This is similar to when you claimed football player caloric intakes couldn't be as high a 5,000 cal a day then Lo and Behold, they can be up to 10,000 a day during 2-a-day drills. If they don't eat that much and carb-load they drop like a rock mid-game.

Again your not responding to evidence I've posted and using anecdotal experience which is useless. Also straw man, when discussing football players I have been using body fat percentage as my way of measuring so again please use science. I don't care what you think you saw please use proper sources that are verifiable. Again I understand denial I see it all the time and denial can be projected as to deny the validity of certain disease etiology. I just expect better of you.

As ridiculous as this study sounds, it's still money better spent than giving companies like Exxon another tax break to pad their coffers. Money given as grants for studies is usually spent. That money is circulated and some of it comes back to taxpayers in the form of income tax. Extra money given to highly-profitable corporations or the wealthy is like throwing money into a black hole. You ain't never gettin' that money back. Worse yet, they can take that money to buy bonds, and then we, as taxpayers, have to pay yield on those bonds. It's a nice little trick that banks have been pulling on us for years because of the low interest rates.

• Like 1

I would say it may have at least as much to do with self-confidence, self-image and self-worth. I've read a few accounts of overweight women who are confident having no shortage of willing partners.

I like curves personally... although I would stop short of obesity, there's a line there I wouldn't cross!  :o

I would say it may have at least as much to do with self-confidence, self-image and self-worth. I've read a few accounts of overweight women who are confident having no shortage of willing partners.

I like curves personally... although I would stop short of obesity, there's a line there I wouldn't cross!  :o

In other words you like curves in all the right places. :)

Curvy does not or should not mean fat, but it seems our society is trying to excuse the fat (at least on girls/women) by saying they are curvy and curvy is good right? Curves are good, excessive fat is not.