Family blame samaritan for the shooting their criminal son during robbery

In the UK, samaritans just answer the phone and convince you not to kill yourself.

Different UK from where i live then

If i help an old person cross the road i am a Good Samaritan

The guy stopped a robbery and also potentially saved the lives of the people in the shop

He also shot the robber before the robber had a chance to shoot him Thus self defence and the main thing he managed to only wound him and not kill him so he can now spend some time in the prison getting friendly with some other guys in the showers

Win Win in my book

• Like 2

to be fair I don't think shooting someone, criminal or not, while being relatively or entirely safe counts as a Samaritan. the girl who got beaten into a coma and just died for saving two other girls from rapists was a Samaritan.

No, she was a HERO. A completely selfless hero, at that.

seeing as he shot someone, repeatedly, he wasn't universally helpful or charitable.

The perp was threatening other people with a gun, and then was turning the gun on the hero (not samaritan, hero).  He's lucky he isn't dead.

ugh, first amendment journalists...

Thought the same thing. Could've called the cops. Is easy to pretend like their lives were in danger just because the kid was armed but given his past, it's even more unlikely their lives were in any real danger.

That said, the outcome here doesn't bother me much.

So what are the are parents trying to accomplish here? That this guy shouldn't have killed their son, yeah I guess he could have shot but not killed him, but something tells me this guy wasn't the kind to just give up. It seems like the threat was real enough

Maybe the good Samaritan should counter sue for the emotional distraught of having to shoot someone, Or the people in the store could counter sue for the emotional effects of being robbed

Just saying

So what are the are parents trying to accomplish here?

>

Revenge, but also $$$$. Look at the Brown family fighting over who gets to sell commemorative shirts.

And I'm certain some of it is a blind state of denial. Accepting what he did should force them into wondering 'what did we do wrong?' and we simply can't have THAT, can we?

• Like 3

So what are the are parents trying to accomplish here? That this guy shouldn't have killed their son, yeah I guess he could have shot but not killed him, but something tells me this guy wasn't the kind to just give up. It seems like the threat was real enough

Maybe the good Samaritan should counter sue for the emotional distraught of having to shoot someone, Or the people in the store could counter sue for the emotional effects of being robbed

Just saying

The kid didn't die.. Reading comprehension 101.

Well of course the family blames the good guy.

Firstly because its there son obviously.

Secondly because people who commit small robberies on there own are never smart people and chances are the family of this man aren't very smart people either.

Well of course the family blames the good guy.

Firstly because its there son obviously.

Secondly because people who commit small robberies on there own are never smart people and chances are the family of this man aren't very smart people either.

Oh I can tell you without a doubt none of them are smart.

• Like 1

For those who didn't get it, I was, of course, alluding to

http://www.samaritans.org/

And in the US a 'good samaritan' law exempts from liability a person giving aid to another person who is injured, ill, or otherwise imperiled.

The right to defend someone under attack may not be in the same statute, but it shares the same philosophy and goals.

People learn from what their parents teach them.  Sounds like these parents are wonderful role models.

You are as smart as the place you live and the education they give you.  Oh it's Alabama.  Nuff said.

Another guy tried to rob a store in Brisbane, Australia with a boomerang.

Now thats awesome.

Another guy tried to rob a store in Brisbane, Australia with a boomerang.

He was probably not a native Australian as he was deported and never came back.......boom boom

i don't know if any of you realise this, but the story is from last year.  the only purpose of posting it now, from what i can gather (especially when you consider the 'source' the op linked to), is good ole race baiting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/22/adric-white-robbery_n_4323080.html

Posted:

11/22/2013 9:32 am EST

Updated:

11/22/2013 9:32 am EST

There are several sources available if you search as for the story it valid whatever the date especially given the recent unrest.It also shows that not everything is Black and Blue when dealing with thieves and vagabonds.