• Mac OS X 10.8 'Mountain Lion'
    • Mac OS X 10.9 'Mavericks'
    • Mac OS X 10.10 'Yosemite'
    • A Mac OS X version older than 10.6
    • Arch Linux
    • Debian
    • Fedora
    • Ubuntu
    • Other Linux distribution (specify below)
    • Other operating system (specify below)

I'm using 7 until 10 is released.  I'm not doing any of the previews of 10 and I'm not sure when the final release of 10 is so I answered 7 for now in this poll.  If I bought a system with 8.x though I'd upgrade to the 10 preview because for me:

8.0 < 8.1 < 10 Preview < 7 (< 10 final?)

windows 8.1

i really like its stability and performance

i dont use the start screen and the new "apps" at all. i find them akward and utterly useless. apart from that, i like the OS.

If 10 fixes the last compatibility issues, that's what I'll be running as default - otherwise, it will be 8.1 update 1 (my current default).  Except for those three games, everything runs as well as it did on 8.1 or better.

Depends.  I have Windows 7 on one machine, Windows 8.1 on another machine, and Linux Mint on a netbook.  Not impressed yet with Windows 10, unless something earth-shaking comes out I'm probably not going to move to it.

I'm running Windows 10 (TP) right now, and I plan to install the Consumer Preview when it arrives toward the end of this month, and eventually the final.  I'm planning on getting some new hardware before the final version is installed.

sure i get that. but still, xp lacking new patches and stuff. why not using win7? 

You can still get patches. Not that it matters much any more as most malware and other nasties are targeting Windows Vista/7/8 these days. XP is actually a lot safer than the newer versions.