Vvo

Why no blackwidow, @SpartanZX7?

SpartanZX7

Why no blackwidow, @SpartanZX7?

Have no money. Hopefully should have one in a couple months 

Broughton

neowin_zpspdwdupfg.jpg~original

S550

Times sure have changed. I remember this thread used to blow up every month.

• Like 2
ultimate99

True, but the setups have evolved greatly! http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/112422-post-your-workstation-photos/page-76?hl=worstation#entry1342973

When I see the early 2000's setups, I just smile and look at our hardware now. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
SadJoker

Here's a little album of my set-up. Once I change my keyboard I'll be finished. This little beast can also dualboot to Yosemite (OSX)

http://imgur.com/a/c5o9Q

Nice monitor setup.  (Y) Are you dual-booting from the same drive or different drives?

Me too. This was my favorite thread on Neowin. Reddit is where it's at for battlestations these days: r/battlestations

• 2 weeks later...
MikeM97

umEQWoI.jpgrIPG3gx.jpgkEP2WOA.jpg

Cutely anime desktop wallpaper .

Lathanielt

Good heavens MinkeM97, that is gorgeous......

remixedcat

new addition!

post-361542-0-40455300-1428152412.png

MikeM97

Can I post my workstation here ? [ regular Desktop ] ?

+John Teacake

Yeah why not? lol

MikeM97

Yeah why not? lol

It is not really for gaming ...

Poorly comparatively with the upside ones .

Vvo

This battlestation thread is not limited to gaming uses.

Bryan R.

post-236153-0-95664700-1428198093.jpg

post-236153-0-17657300-1428198100.png

• Like 1
MikeM97

This battlestation thread is not limited to gaming uses.

Happy to know that .

• 3 weeks later...
colealtdelete

Current setup:

UVbFez1l.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
DoctorD

So I have to explain this one I have not purchased a boxed PC for myself since the 1990's when I started building them.  Being a cheep person I just started collecting pieces for my new rig last week and was scoping craigslist for parts and accidently typed in intel L7 and was shocked that this misspelled Aienware ALX showed up at $400 obo and all I could think is this is a scam.  So I send the text out and I get a response he says that he is moving overseas in 3 days and just wants to sell it, he gives me the service tag and it is still under warranty and is loaded with every option from last year,  I7, 32gigs ram, 3tb, Nvidia Sli Video, you see where this is going its loaded.  Naturally all I could think is this is a scam or even better that if I take the hour drive I am going to be murdered because the guy had already sold his car and could not meet me, I had to go to his house.   Heck at this point I lowball offered him half and he said well if you can make it up here in 2 hours I will take it,  Big red flags went off in my head but I was willing to throw caution to the wind and agreed to meet him.  I grabbed the girlfriend and took the drive and showed up to the address and there was the dude who had about 15 people buying the entire contents of his house up and in his office was this completely still new looking Alienware running on his desk.  I handed him the cash, he wrote me a receipt and home I went with the new gaming rig.  It runs anything I have tossed at it thus far at Ultra settings.

IMG_0089_zpscicw85lp.jpg

• Like 7
Anibal P

Dang DoctorD that's one hell of a deal you got there!  

• Like 2
DoctorD

All I kept thinking was the whole ride up was this is fake there is no way, then I seen a bunch of cars at the address and folks carrying household contents out.  He looked right at me and said you know you are getting the deal of a lifetime right, and I said Thanks about 10 times. 

A Real American!

I don't have any cam/ phone to take pics but mine looks something like this:

ht9ug3.jpg

• Like 2
Mindovermaster

No God, no...

• Like 2
Vvo

Why so messy? :o

DoctorD

IS that......... urine...... in the PowerAde bottles?????

• Like 1
  • James7 unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jay Bonggolto
      MSI announces Quadro RTX 5000-based WS65 workstation and an all-new WP series
      by Jay Bonggolto

At Computex 2019 today, MSI announced a new addition to its WS series of workstations in the form of the MSI WS65, among others. The workstation is powered by Nvidia's Quadro RTX 5000 GPU, also unveiled at the same event happening in Taiwan, and MSI claims it's the world's first laptop to incorporate that graphics card.

The refreshed WS series, along with the WE lineup, comes with the 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processors. The new workstations are built with ultra-thin bezels featuring a 4K screen for more detailed graphics for creators. They also include MSI’s Creator Center, a software tool for optimizing content creation.

Eric Kuo, President of MSI's Notebook Business, said:

Kuo added that the WS65 includes a glass touchpad, a fingerprint reader with Windows Hello, TPM 2.0 crypto-processor technology, and Thunderbolt 3.0 support. Its battery is claimed to be capable of lasting more than 9 hours on a charge.

In addition, MSI introduced the all-new WP series of workstations, also powered by the Quadro RTX GPUs and 9th-gen Intel Core i9 processors. The pricing and availability details of the new workstations remain unknown for now, however.

• By indospot
      ASUS announces the StudioBook S mobile workstation
      by João Carrasqueira

ASUS has announced a new mobile workstation at the Consumer Electronics Show, the StudioBook S. The laptop offers a 17-inch display in the 16:10 aspect ratio at Full HD (1920x1200) resolution, but it has the size of a typical 15-inch laptop thanks to the company's NanoEdge technology, with bezels at just 5.4mm on the sides and top of the display. The panel also covers 97% of the DCI-P3 color range, and it's PANTONE Validated, so color accuracy shouldn't be an issue.

On the inside, the laptop is powered by either an Intel Core i7-8750H or an Intel Xeon E-2176M processor, both of which offer six cores and twelve threads, though the Xeon will provide higher clock speeds. As for graphics, Nvidia's Quadro P3200 with 6GB of GDDR5 memory seems to be the only option. The internals are kept cool by a thermal solution that maxes out at 35 dB.

Other specs include up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM, 4TB of SSD storage with support for RAID 0/1 configurations, and a 57Wh battery to keep things running on the go. As for connectivity, the machine supports the latest Wi-Fi 6 standard, Bluetooth 5.0, and it's got a fair number of ports, including one HDMI 2.0, one Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C port, 3 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports, an SD card reader, and an audio combo jack.

The StudioBook S is slated to arrive in the spring, with pricing and availability being disclosed at a later date.

Neowin is at CES to bring you all the coverage from the show floor, click here for other articles.

• By zikalify
      Fedora 25 released features Wayland debut
      by Paul Hill

The Fedora Project has, today, released the 25th version of its popular Linux distribution. The release comes in three editions: Workstation, Server, and Atomic. New packages common to all releases include Docker 1.12 – which allows for building and running of containerised applications, Node.js 6.5 – the latest version of the popular server-side JavaScript engine, support for the Rust programming language, and support for multiple Python versions – 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5 – which will help developers to run test suites across several Python configurations.

Fedora 25 Workstation will likely be of most interest to readers who want to give the release a test spin. This release is pretty exciting; it’s the first to officially debut the long-awaited Wayland display server which replaces the legacy X11 system. Wayland aims to “provide a smoother, richer experience for graphical environments and better capabilities for modern graphics hardware.”

The other big additions include GNOME 3.22 which “offers multiple file renaming, a redesigned keyboard settings tool and additional user interface improvements” and Linux Kernel 4.8 which supports new hardware. Fedora 25 also includes support for the decoding of MP3 files.

To get your hands on Fedora 25, you’ll have several options. If you’ve currently got Fedora 24 you can use GNOME Software to upgrade to Fedora 25; this upgrade should typically take less than 30 minutes, depending on system configuration and network speed. If you’re looking to try Fedora out as a new user coming from Windows or macOS you will be given the Fedora Media Writer if you try to download the new release.

With Fedora Media Writer, users will be able to download the current Fedora release and write it to removable media, such as a USB device. From the USB device, you can “test drive” the operating system without having to install it on your actual hard drive. If you want to do an install, you can do so from the USB Live Media that you created.

• By Vlad Dudau
      HP unveils the Z2 Mini workstation, 'smaller than a cup of espresso'
      by Vlad Dudau

HP has unveiled a new workstation, but unlike its previous products, the HP Z2 Mini is small enough to fit inside your bag. The company is billing this as the “first-ever mini workstation” and promises top-of-the-line performance inside of a tiny package.

The HP Z2 Mini is all about design and saving users space, with the device coming in at just 2.3 by 8.5 inches, which is “smaller than a cup of espresso” as the company is quick to point out. But don’t let its size fool you, as HP claims this little machine packs a punch.

Inside the HP Z2 Mini users will find current and future generations of Intel’s Xeon Processors, Nvidia Quadro graphics with “M620-class professional graphics”, and an HP Z Turbo Drive with up to 1.5 TB of storage. The device can also support up to six displays straight out of the box.

But performance isn’t everything, and HP went on to emphasize the custom-designed vents and coolers inside of the device that keep it cool and quiet. The company says the Z2 Mini is 63% quieter than an HP business-class mini PC.

The company mentions that the HP Z2 Mini is specifically designed for CAD users, with the device being certified for over 20 professional software applications. The mini workstation ships with either Windows 10 Pro or Linux distros.

The HP Mini will go on sale this December worldwide with a starting price of $699, but which can go up depending on your custom needs and loadout.

• By Chasethebase
      Welcome to the workstation photos thread. In this thread you may post pics of your battlestations.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

The usual forum rules also apply.

The last thread can be found here.