January 21 Event: Windows 10: The Next Chapter

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Excited?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will you be watching live?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How was the event? (answer after the event has happened)

• Great (5)
    • (4)
    • (3)
    • (2)
    • (1)
    • Hasn't happened yet, I will update my vote after the event!

The expected build will probably be one of the 992x line but the talk out now, and maybe why they had the big jump in build numbers, is that the build they're going to give will not have or be the build they show us at the event.

In other words don't expect to get all the features we see demoed in the build after. I bet they're going to use 10,000 on stage though, the jump was probably due to them combining things from different branches and fixing any show stopper bugs, thus the jump.

Final?  Or just a preview release?

They make it look like the final release of Windows 10 is due at the end of the countdown in 15 minutes from now, instead of it just being a countdown to the consumer features announcements event.

They make it look like the final release of Windows 10 is due at the end of the countdown in 15 minutes from now, instead of it just being a countdown to the consumer features announcements event.

Shall see I guess.  Everything I see is a preview release with final in the fall.  I hope not the final since I just redid my laptop...haha.

yea, I'm curious about that to.  While it would be great to have Windows 10 for free...."for the first year" ?  Subscription model coming?  Nope...nope...nope...no thanks.

Hopefully it is just a promo.

• Like 1