Scientists discover organism that hasn

Christian fundamentalist nutcases who deny evolution, want to ban it in schools etc, should be denied any medical care or benefits of modern science. They can then rely on their 'faith' to get better.

I fully support this! There should be no medical support whatsoever for Christian zealots! If ley get sick, let them pray to their oh-so-powerful god. If he doesn't help them, then it's Gods will that they die. very simple.

Actually, "hospitals" like that already exist in India. They were founded by the oh-so-saintly Mother Theresa (in fact quite a sinister person), and the only "care" that people get there are prayers. No medical support of any sort. You can guess how poorly that goes.

Here's a good documentary about Mother Theresa: Hell's Angel: Mother Teresa.

how many people thought they saw the word "Orgasm" in the title.

Me. Then I thought, "What, people have been having the same orgasms for 2 billion years?". Then, "Wait, people as a whole aren't 2 billion years old. There's something wrong here." :rofl:

I fully support this! There should be no medical support whatsoever for Christian zealots! If ley get sick, let them pray to their oh-so-powerful god. If he doesn't help them, then it's Gods will that they die. very simple.

Those who burned witches also thought they got what they logically deserved.
  • Like 3

Actually, "hospitals" like that already exist in India. They were founded by the oh-so-saintly Mother Theresa (in fact quite a sinister person), and the only "care" that people get there are prayers. No medical support of any sort. You can guess how poorly that goes.

Here's a good documentary about Mother Theresa: Hell's Angel: Mother Teresa.

Me. Then I thought, "What, people have been having the same orgasms for 2 billion years?". Then, "Wait, people as a whole aren't 2 billion years old. There's something wrong here." :rofl:

Thank you for pointing this out about the fake saint Mother Teresa - I dont mention it to my catholic friends because that would not be a good thing to do to friends -- but anyone else -- she is far from saintly.

Thank you for pointing this out about the fake saint Mother Teresa - I dont mention it to my catholic friends because that would not be a good thing to do to friends -- but anyone else -- she is far from saintly.

I definitely would tell it to them, they deserve to know the truth.

If you do that, there are only two possible outcomes:

1. They aren't religious fanatics and can deal with the truth. All the better for them to not cling to stupid lies.

2. They are religious fanatics and can't deal with it (they throw a temper tantrum or whatever). All the better for you to find out, so you can avoid them. I definitely wouldn't want to be friends with religious fanatics.

I definitely would tell it to them, they deserve to know the truth.

If you do that, there are only two possible outcomes:

1. They aren't religious fanatics and can deal with the truth. All the better for them to not cling to stupid lies.

2. They are religious fanatics and can't deal with it (they throw a temper tantrum or whatever). All the better for you to find out, so you can avoid them. I definitely wouldn't want to be friends with religious fanatics.

2 very good points - you are exactly right.

The only one I think I will avoid is my best friends' mother.  She refers to me as her 4th son, they are italian and saying something about Mother Teresa might keep me from coming over for amazing food when I visit !

Actually, sometimes its better to leave people with their hopes & ideologies - she is in her 70s and it wouldnt be doing any good. 

I know what you mean. Those Fox News and other conservative simpletons are just the worst. You know the ones who ask the questions, "If we are experiencing Global Warming, why are we freezing our tails off - contrary to what earlier climate models predicted?" or, "If we are experiencing Global Warming, why has the earth temperature remained flat for the last 15 years?" or "Why on earth should be believe a bunch of highly biased scientists, who have financial, career, and political stakes in affirming this phenomenon, which is based on decades worth of data, for an earth that is billions of years old? It is not as if the data is not only statistically insignificant, but it is so by orders of magnitude!" Those annoying conservatives and their common sense questions. When will they shut up, and just accept whatever elitists liberals try to shove down people's mouths?

Thank you.  I wanted to say something but it's getting to the point that it's not worth my time anymore.  Sad that so many people will just blindly follow someone, and not think to ask questions or research on their own.

Elitists liberals have only when from global warming, to climate change, and then last year was a warmer than normal year so we're back on global warming crap again.  I read a report that the moon is also warming up too, I guess it's man made solar warming too!!!!

We can only hope that MSNBC's ratings continue to drop and we'll have one less channel the mindless can flock to and copy their arguments from.

Thank you.  I wanted to say something but it's getting to the point that it's not worth my time anymore.  Sad that so many people will just blindly follow someone, and not think to ask questions or research on their own.

Elitists liberals have only when from global warming, to climate change, and then last year was a warmer than normal year so we're back on global warming crap again.  I read a report that the moon is also warming up too, I guess it's man made solar warming too!!!!

We can only hope that MSNBC's ratings continue to drop and we'll have one less channel the mindless can flock to and copy their arguments from.

i don't know whether to laugh or cry...

• Like 1

Oh how I wish more people were educated enough to understand the difference between Global Warming and Climate Change...

It blows my mind that so many people actually think the climate is supposed to remain static.

Of course the climate is changing, of course it's rate of change changes, those are "common sense".

The notion that these changes are abnormal and that changes in such a complex system can be largely attributed to a single simple thing like human CO2 emissions is absurd.  If you wiped every single human off the face of the Earth the climate would STILL change, it changed before we were here and it will change after we're gone (unless we destroy the place).  Sure it would change differently because of course having 7+ billion humans on the planet has an effect on the climate.  It's not just or even primarily because of their CO2 emissions though.

CO2 is not a pollutant any more than water or Nitrogen or Oxygen.  It's an essential part of the atmosphere, plants need it to "breathe".  Sure having too much can kill you. Drinking too much water can kill you too so I guess that makes it a pollutant too.

The climate is going to change, there is nothing we humans can do to stop that, either we adapt, or we die.  That's the natural order of things.

It blows my mind that so many people actually think the climate is supposed to remain static.

Of course the climate is changing, of course it's rate of change changes, those are "common sense".

The notion that these changes are abnormal and that changes in such a complex system can be largely attributed to a single simple thing like human CO2 emissions is absurd. If you wiped every single human off the face of the Earth the climate would STILL change, it changed before we were here and it will change after we're gone (unless we destroy the place). Sure it would change differently because of course having 7+ billion humans on the planet has an effect on the climate. It's not just or even primarily because of their CO2 emissions though.

CO2 is not a pollutant any more than water or Nitrogen or Oxygen. It's an essential part of the atmosphere, plants need it to "breathe". Sure having too much can kill you. Drinking too much water can kill you too so I guess that makes it a pollutant too.

The climate is going to change, there is nothing we humans can do to stop that, either we adapt, or we die. That's the natural order of things.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. You do realize that we are dumping huge amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere? And you also realize that the VAST majority of scientists agree that we as humans are contributing greatly to the current climate change? Those are facts no one can deny, but I'm sure some dude on Neowin saying otherwise should be listened to...

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while.

You need to read more then. :)

You do realize that we are dumping huge amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere?

You do realize that factories and such are dumping huge amounts of actual toxins into the atmosphere, water, soil, etc. CO2 isn't even close to the worst thing being dumped into the environment.

And you also realize that the VAST majority of scientists agree that we as humans are contributing greatly to the current climate change?

You do realize I said that too, here let me quote it again for you:

"of course having 7+ billion humans on the planet has an effect on the climate."

Humans are still going to contribute greatly to climate change even if we magically eliminated ALL carbon emissions. Having 7+ billion humans interacting with the world is going to change it.

I'm sure some dude on Neowin saying otherwise should be listened to...

I'm not trying to convert anyone. I really don't care what you believe. If you believe the climate is controlled by a nature goddess who demands you dance naked in the forest every quarter then more power to you. Just don't dance on my property or demand my tax money subsidize your beliefs.