22 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Old thread bump, but did you use any mod to get water up that high with those dams?

No, I built the dams then used water processors to pump the water up there. You should see them up inside the dam and then the water pumps near the river which pull the water out.

41 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

No, I built the dams then used water processors to pump the water up there. You should see them up inside the dam and then the water pumps near the river which pull the water out.

You're a Cities:Skylines fan too?  I knew you had a smooth side to you.  Good to know.

5 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

how did you bypass teh water requiered for building dams?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

how did you bypass teh water requiered for building dams?

I built the pumps first, and as the water filled it allowed me to build the dam.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/7/2015 at 2:23 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

You should if you are into city building simulation games.

I still have that issue that Skylines still hasn't caught up to Anno 2205 (still THE best looking city sim out there - and especially if you can dial everything to the ceiling graphically - which is darn easy to do).  Still playing on my tag-team of G3258 and GTX 1050Ti - and I need nothing more than that, as the game is neither a CPU or GPU pig.  If you can get decent performance out of the current Doom (or Ashes of the Singuiarity updated, Anno 2205 is lighter than either.

10 hours ago, PGHammer said:

I still have that issue that Skylines still hasn't caught up to Anno 2205 (still THE best looking city sim out there - and especially if you can dial everything to the ceiling graphically - which is darn easy to do).  Still playing on my tag-team of G3258 and GTX 1050Ti - and I need nothing more than that, as the game is neither a CPU or GPU pig.  If you can get decent performance out of the current Doom (or Ashes of the Singuiarity updated, Anno 2205 is lighter than either.

looks aside, does anno have a good traffic sim? (Which is why I loved sim city 4 and now, skylines).

ALso no idea what you are quoting me about :p

On 11/28/2017 at 8:31 AM, Draconian Guppy said:

looks aside, does anno have a good traffic sim? (Which is why I loved sim city 4 and now, skylines).

ALso no idea what you are quoting me about :p

Anno 2205  unlike any other (in fact EVERY other) city sim since Anno 2070, doesn't need traffic management for one rather obvious reason - the vehicles themselves are a combo of ACVs (air cushion vehicles), flying boat-type vehicles (no - so NOT kidding) and spacecraft.  Hence no traffic snarlage.  It also has one set of sites that Cities: Skylines flat-out lacks - the moon.  While other city sims promise the moon, Anno 2205 actually not only delivers - but lets you build on it.

16 hours ago, PGHammer said:

Anno 2205  unlike any other (in fact EVERY other) city sim since Anno 2070, doesn't need traffic management for one rather obvious reason - the vehicles themselves are a combo of ACVs (air cushion vehicles), flying boat-type vehicles (no - so NOT kidding) and spacecraft.  Hence no traffic snarlage.  It also has one set of sites that Cities: Skylines flat-out lacks - the moon.  While other city sims promise the moon, Anno 2205 actually not only delivers - but lets you build on it.

Traffic management is one of the things that appeals to some people about the game. It's a puzzle to solve and it's satisfying to create efficient road systems. It feels weird to me that I even have to point this out.

Honestly I'm not sure why you keep trying to compare the two games. They're not trying to be the same thing at all.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2017 at 1:07 PM, trag3dy said:

Traffic management is one of the things that appeals to some people about the game. It's a puzzle to solve and it's satisfying to create efficient road systems. It feels weird to me that I even have to point this out.

Honestly I'm not sure why you keep trying to compare the two games. They're not trying to be the same thing at all.

I have nothing against traffic management (I play SimCity 2013, after all); it's simply *different* - and too many folks simply play to see how badly they CAN snarl traffic (which I despise).

3 hours ago, PGHammer said:

I have nothing against traffic management (I play SimCity 2013, after all); it's simply *different* - and too many folks simply play to see how badly they CAN snarl traffic (which I despise).

Why do you care how other people play a game that in no way affects you? That's a little strange if you don't mind me saying.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2017 at 4:39 AM, PGHammer said:

Anno 2205 is a hybrid game, a city builder with RTS elements. It's a failure on both fronts. I hated it. Fortunately, I only paid an equivalent of $8 for the complete deluxe set with all the DLC's.