XBOX One + Plex = Amazing Home Theater System!

I have been using XBOX One wit Plex for a few months and its been amazing! I have all my media as MP4 and its works and looks amazing! Sound!! AMAZING!! 

I would recommend you guys get this if you are on a xbox one!

what audio doesn't it support, you would be hard pressed to find something that it doesn't support.  It may be easier vs naming everything it does support.

from the plex site:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201214687-Audio-Configuration-Guide-Plex-Home-Theater

If anything, the xbox one is more limited in its audio ability

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/configure-audio-settings

its only for Plex pass subcribers! Its $4.99 a month! or $36.00 a year i think well worth it! access your media anywhere! with iOS/Android/PS4/XBOX

and especially if you have a huge library! 

its only for Plex pass subcribers! Its $4.99 a month! or $36.00 a year i think well worth it! access your media anywhere! with iOS/Android/PS4/XBOX

and especially if you have a huge library! 

meh, I have no need for plex pass. I don\t watch stuff on my phone, and I have a media center that runs plex, though because plex has really crap 3D support)which I hardly ever use anyway) and doesn't support file systems only the library. I use Kodi(XBMC) with PleXBMC. 

DLNA + WD TV live + scene releases = you're laughing. 

WD TV Live gives me nightmares with it's slowness and horrible instability. 

also plex server is DLNA... but it stores everythign you've watched, and in my case also syncs with Trakt. so whether I watch my stuff on my TV through the medi acenter, xbox, on my desktop, laptop or a tablet, it's shown as watched on all my devices. so no need to keep track of where I am in a series. 

I tried it once, but prefer Kodie (xmbc) on dedicated PC with my main storage on it connected directly to the tv.

Yep nothing like a PC and a good wireless media keyboard.

I had sort of backed MediaBrowser (now Emby) by having bought all the mobile apps and donating to them.  I think with the release of the Windows 10 SDK we'll see an Emby app soon.

Even now I use it with IE on the Xbox and it works pretty great.

I use Plex now, works awesome.  I used XBMC in the past, but was a pain to set up.  Transcoding never worked right for me.  Plex started on XBMC code.

I use the Media Player app on X1 and stream content from my NAS. Works perfectly fine.

You should try Plex.

It's a shame my Synology NAS doesn't support plex. I don't like having a full-on pc turned on all the time just to watch movies here and there. My PC is my client connected to the tv instead...

It's a shame my Synology NAS doesn't support plex. I don't like having a full-on pc turned on all the time just to watch movies here and there. My PC is my client connected to the tv instead...

i have my PC hooked up to my TV, it adds about $20-$25 a year to the power bill to be on when we are not sleeping.

Plex + XBOX One is amazing!  

Works with my ChromeCast, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku3, PS4 and IOS and Android devices!

My family and friends love it. Give it a try people and speak for yourself!

You could just stream content from your Synology NAS to your X1 - this is what I do. It's the simplest solution in my eyes.

Plex is indeed great. I use it on my 360 and couldn't be more happy with it.

The only (albeit small) issue is how it deals with subtitles. It can be bit of a hassle at times.. but other than that, it just works!

So in what ways is it better than Kodi?

Centralized database. i.e. the server and playback app is split. and whatever you watch wherever you watch is is tagged as watched on everything.