XBOX One + Plex = Amazing Home Theater System!

zerolimit

I have been using XBOX One wit Plex for a few months and its been amazing! I have all my media as MP4 and its works and looks amazing! Sound!! AMAZING!! 

I would recommend you guys get this if you are on a xbox one!

+warwagon

what audio does it support?

zerolimit

DTS converts it to AC3 or ACC 5.1

sc302

what audio doesn't it support, you would be hard pressed to find something that it doesn't support.  It may be easier vs naming everything it does support.

from the plex site:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201214687-Audio-Configuration-Guide-Plex-Home-Theater

If anything, the xbox one is more limited in its audio ability

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/configure-audio-settings

• Like 1
zerolimit

I use all my media with AC3 or ACC and works perfect on my xbox with direct play. 

5.1 with 1080p amazing!

HawkMan

Have they released the app to be bought by non plex pass subscribers yet ?

ozzy76

I have Plex on another console and, I agree,  it's pretty cool.

zerolimit

its only for Plex pass subcribers! Its $4.99 a month! or $36.00 a year i think well worth it! access your media anywhere! with iOS/Android/PS4/XBOX

and especially if you have a huge library! 

Jared-

DLNA + WD TV live + scene releases = you're laughing. 

HawkMan

its only for Plex pass subcribers! Its $4.99 a month! or $36.00 a year i think well worth it! access your media anywhere! with iOS/Android/PS4/XBOX

and especially if you have a huge library! 

meh, I have no need for plex pass. I don\t watch stuff on my phone, and I have a media center that runs plex, though because plex has really crap 3D support)which I hardly ever use anyway) and doesn't support file systems only the library. I use Kodi(XBMC) with PleXBMC. 

DLNA + WD TV live + scene releases = you're laughing. 

WD TV Live gives me nightmares with it's slowness and horrible instability. 

also plex server is DLNA... but it stores everythign you've watched, and in my case also syncs with Trakt. so whether I watch my stuff on my TV through the medi acenter, xbox, on my desktop, laptop or a tablet, it's shown as watched on all my devices. so no need to keep track of where I am in a series. 

Jared-

My WD TV works perfect - nice and snappy too. Never had it crash?

Rippleman

I tried it once, but prefer Kodie (xmbc) on dedicated PC with my main storage on it connected directly to the tv.

• Like 3
zerolimit

Well this works perfect with xbox if you have MP4 files! amazing

LaP

I tried it once, but prefer Kodie (xmbc) on dedicated PC with my main storage on it connected directly to the tv.

Yep nothing like a PC and a good wireless media keyboard.

• Like 1
Ironman273

I had sort of backed MediaBrowser (now Emby) by having bought all the mobile apps and donating to them.  I think with the release of the Windows 10 SDK we'll see an Emby app soon.

Even now I use it with IE on the Xbox and it works pretty great.

sc302

Plex plus any tv, computer, or tablet in my house makes my family happy. Central storage + any video format= happy.

• Like 1
tsupersonic

I use the Media Player app on X1 and stream content from my NAS. Works perfectly fine.

• Like 2
Juguard

I use Plex now, works awesome.  I used XBMC in the past, but was a pain to set up.  Transcoding never worked right for me.  Plex started on XBMC code.

I use the Media Player app on X1 and stream content from my NAS. Works perfectly fine.

You should try Plex.

Mouettus

It's a shame my Synology NAS doesn't support plex. I don't like having a full-on pc turned on all the time just to watch movies here and there. My PC is my client connected to the tv instead...

Rippleman

It's a shame my Synology NAS doesn't support plex. I don't like having a full-on pc turned on all the time just to watch movies here and there. My PC is my client connected to the tv instead...

i have my PC hooked up to my TV, it adds about $20-$25 a year to the power bill to be on when we are not sleeping.

zerolimit

Plex + XBOX One is amazing!  

Works with my ChromeCast, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku3, PS4 and IOS and Android devices!

My family and friends love it. Give it a try people and speak for yourself!

tsupersonic

You could just stream content from your Synology NAS to your X1 - this is what I do. It's the simplest solution in my eyes.

• Like 1
XorpiZ

Plex is indeed great. I use it on my 360 and couldn't be more happy with it.

The only (albeit small) issue is how it deals with subtitles. It can be bit of a hassle at times.. but other than that, it just works!

• Like 1
NJ Louch

So in what ways is it better than Kodi?

HawkMan

So in what ways is it better than Kodi?

Centralized database. i.e. the server and playback app is split. and whatever you watch wherever you watch is is tagged as watched on everything. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Asher Madan
      You can earn these Destiny 2: Trials of Osiris rewards from October 23 to 27
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Destiny 2 hosts a Trials of Osiris event where teams of three compete for access to The Lighthouse. The Lighthouse promises Pinnacle rewards that boost you closer to the current Power Level cap.

The player vs. player competition also grants other items if you get three, five, or seven wins. However, you'll have to get seven wins in a row, without a loss, if you want to grab the Pinnacle gear from The Lighthouse. You can take a look at the Trials of Osiris rewards from October 23 to 27 below.

Three wins: The Scholar legendary scout rifle Five wins: Exile's Curse legendary fusion rifle Seven wins: Mark of the Exile legendary armor Flawless: Legs of the Exile legendary armor Trials of Osiris starts at 1 PM EDT on Friday and lasts until 1 PM EDT on Tuesday. You can use the Passage of Mercy from Saint-14 because it forgives one loss if you're aiming for Flawless. If you manage to get seven wins in a row, you'll have to manually select The Lighthouse location displayed in the Crucible menu to obtain the Pinnacle reward. This involves jumping across a few platforms and opening the chest where Saint-14 and Osiris are standing.

• By Abhay V
      Xbox Live issue preventing Xbox One and Windows 10 users from launching their games [Update]
      by Abhay Venkatesh

If you were looking to play some games today, heading into the weekend, and fired up a game on your Xbox One or Windows 10 PC only to find that you are unable to access it, you’re not alone. Xbox Support just acknowledged on Twitter that it is aware of an issue with users being unable to access games due to some issues with Xbox Live. The company is actively investigating the issue.

Depending on some users’ reports on Twitter, it looks like trying to launch games returns a "The person who bought this needs to sign in" message, which likely is due to some authentication issues with Xbox Live. The status page for the service notes that there are issues with ‘Purchase and Content Usage’ that affects launching games or apps. The problem is affecting Xbox One and Windows 10 devices. There is no word on a possible ETA for the restoration of the service.

Those interested can keep an eye on Twitter or the Xbox Live Status page for updates for more information. Additionally, you can also choose to request for a notification by signing in on the status page and having the site send an Xbox Live notification or text message.

Update 1: The support account has posted an update on Twitter noting that users should now be able to access their games. However, the status page still notes problems with buying "downloadable" items and launching games.

Update 2: The Xbox Live Status page has also been updated to reflect that all the issues have been fixed.

• By Asher Madan
      These are the best Xbox One games launching next week
      by Asher Madan

Every week, a number of games launch on Xbox One, and deciding which ones to purchase can be a difficult decision. We've compiled a list of some of the highly anticipated titles that are launching between October 26 and 30. The highlight of the next week, of course, is Watch Dogs: Legion.

Watch Dogs: Legion
      Watch Dogs: Legion should launch on October 29, starting at $59.99. The game runs at 4K resolution on Xbox One X and features Xbox Series X|S optimizations. You can purchase Watch Dogs: Legion on the Microsoft Store.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
      The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope will launch on October 30, starting at $29.99. The game runs at 4K resolution on Xbox One X. You can get The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope through the Microsoft Store.

Ghostrunner
      Ghostrunner is slated to launch on October 27, priced at $29.99. The game runs at 4K resolution on Xbox One X. You can get Ghostrunner on the Microsoft Store.

Which of these games are you interested in? Let us know in the comments.

• By Namerah S
      Ubisoft to launch Immortals: Fenyx Rising demo exclusively on Stadia
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

Immortals: Fenyx Rising - previously Gods and Monsters - is set to arrive on the current and next generations of consoles as well as PC in December. In the meantime, Ubisoft has announced that a demo of the game will be available to play from today onwards. Unfortunately, the French video game maker has decided to limit the demo's availability to Google Stadia users only.

The exclusive Immortals: Fenyx Rising demo went live on Google Stadia at 9:00 AM PST earlier today. It will only be available to play for a week until October 29 at 9:00 AM PST.

Developed by Ubisoft Québec, the upcoming new open-world action-adventure is set in a universe based on Greek mythology. Players will be able to customize their main character very extensively. This includes skills and powers in addition to the physical appearance and outfits of characters.

A summary of the game reads:

Immortals: Fenyx Rising is slated for release on December 3, 2020, for all current and next-gen platforms including Sony and Microsoft's consoles, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia, Amazon Luna, Uplay, and Epic Games Store among others. Pre-orders for the game are currently open.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Corsair announces a new wireless gaming headset for Xbox One, Series X, and Series S
      by Jay Bonggolto

Corsair today announced a new wireless gaming headset that's compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. The company says the HS75 XB headset will also work with Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S when these consoles roll out on November 10.

The headset uses 50mm neodymium drivers and has a uni-directional microphone that should minimize unnecessary sounds from the environment. Corsair also claims the HS75 XB is the company's first headphones to feature Dolby Atmos spatial sound. It also includes on-ear game audio and chat mix controls.

Connectivity-wise, the headset can pair directly with your console through Xbox Wireless technology, with up to 30 feet of wireless range. That means it won't require a wireless receiver installed on the console to function. However, you will need an Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect the headphones to your Windows PC. The adapter is also sold separately.

The headset's battery can last up to 20 hours on a single charge. It's available starting today via Corsair's online storefront and authorized retailers worldwide for $149.99. The product comes with a two-year warranty as well.