San Francisco Becomes The First City to Ban Sale of Plastic Bottles

put a 5 cent bounty on them and you will never see them go to waste

thats what we have and the buggy pushers get them  all.

everything goes to the recyable station and is sorted

they have created a new industry

San Francisco...

... where you can't have plastic bottles but can sh*t on the sidewalk.

Go figure.

True - but rumor is they are thinking of going with Ultra Ever Dry and will treat ALL of the sidewalks.  So when they decide to pee on the sidewalk, it bounces right off and sprays on their feet & legs.  They wont care, but it will be great to watch !

YouTube - Ultra Ever Dry

can't they just ban eco-smug-yuppie-celebs that take private jets every 2 days to  9089655656 cities to spread 'awareness' to ###### and to "help humanitarian cuases" (in reality stroking some ego-billionarie's tax writeoffs)??? that would have a bigger effect.

• Like 2

can't they just ban eco-smug-yuppie-celebs that take private jets every 2 days to  9089655656 cities to spread 'awareness' to ###### and to "help humanitarian cuases" (in reality stroking some ego-billionarie's tax writeoffs)??? that would have a bigger effect.

I think you really need to look @ the definition of "yuppie" - this is like the 4th time that I have seen you rant about how much you dont like them, but use that moniker to describe people who aren't necessarily "young urban professionals".... celebs are not really "young urban professionals" - I would be considered young urban professional... but not "eco-smug"

I realize you dont like anyone or anything the pertains to successful people, or people who would be considered fashionable, or attractive - well.... actually - what is it that you dont like about this group of people where you have to talk about them so much ?  What is it that threatens you ?  Is it like the girl smoking behind the bleachers talking bad about the cheerleaders kind of thing ?

• Like 1

Nope.

If they did that, Al Gore would lose half his fan base.

Generally, recycling something costs more than using virgin materials, with only 2 exceptions for paper and glass products. Many plastics can't even BE recycled in any cost effective way.

IMO, all drinks bottles of up to 750ml should be glass, and all supermarkets should provide paper bags (as is common in the US) instead of plastic.

I'll have to disagree with your first sentence. Metals are the only material that are cheaper, or better for the environment, to recycle.

Paper, plastic and glass are worse for the environment (or more expensive) to recycle than using virgin materials.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0771119/

I'll have to disagree with your first sentence. Metals are the only material that are cheaper, or better for the environment, to recycle.

Paper, plastic and glass are worse for the environment (or more expensive) to recycle than using virgin materials.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0771119/

Any MY source? I work for a software house that writes bespoke software for the paper manufacturing industry, and have done for the last 15 years.  Our software manages the whole thing from forestry through to recycling, so I know the costs involved very well.

Any MY source? I work for a software house that writes bespoke software for the paper manufacturing industry, and have done for the last 15 years. Our software manages the whole thing from forestry through to recycling, so I know the costs involved very well.

I'm still siding with them.

Then again, that episode aired 11 years ago. A lot may have changed since then.

The whole paper recycling process has been refined much over the last decade.  After all, with paper recycling very much FORCED on companies by government legislation, there's no way the companies involved were going to happily spend more money doing it than going for virgin material.  It got cheaper.

yeah, the primary competition for recycled plastics is the freshly made plastics.

The new plastics cost very cheap that its absolute money waste to recycles the plastics then re-use it.

I think you really need to look @ the definition of "yuppie" - this is like the 4th time that I have seen you rant about how much you dont like them, but use that moniker to describe people who aren't necessarily "young urban professionals".... celebs are not really "young urban professionals" - I would be considered young urban professional... but not "eco-smug"

I realize you dont like anyone or anything the pertains to successful people, or people who would be considered fashionable, or attractive - well.... actually - what is it that you dont like about this group of people where you have to talk about them so much ?  What is it that threatens you ?  Is it like the girl smoking behind the bleachers talking bad about the cheerleaders kind of thing ?

nope... this is the people that ###### over the average person, get everyone to support BS causes while diverting people that really need help like the disabled people in this country, and parade around like they are saints when they are really in it for thier ego and tax breaks and media attention. people like bono and oprah that don't give a damn about a 20 something y.o. that's disabled and wants to kill themself becuase they can't afford to live anymore. They only care about what's fashonable to "support" like the sob story country or cause of the day... what ever gets them the most tax breaks or media attention for the hour. ones that support Komen cancer ###### that pisses away 90% of it on execs lavishs alaries and parties and celeb "fundraising" and all that mess. Look up most of those charities the likes of oprah, etc support and you will see that most of the money doesn't go to support the causes, but goes to execs pockets or celebs pockets.

yuppies buy into that ###### every freakin second. But do you see them helping the williams or down syndrome foundations or duchenne MD, or helping cats or people with drug problems? nope. it's all about Komen or "feed the children" which both of those steal the most from donors. but yet, those are the ones teh yuppie scum support THE MOST. and get THE MOST. as well as salvation army... they are against gays and use so much money to hurt them.

don't even get me started about the racist bill and melinda gates foundation... they are VILE!!!! they wanna sterlise people that are "impure" and a lot of other crap.

nope... this is the people that ###### over the average person, get everyone to support BS causes while diverting people that really need help like the disabled people in this country, and parade around like they are saints when they are really in it for thier ego and tax breaks and media attention. people like bono and oprah that don't give a damn about a 20 something y.o. that's disabled and wants to kill themself becuase they can't afford to live anymore. They only care about what's fashonable to "support" like the sob story country or cause of the day... what ever gets them the most tax breaks or media attention for the hour. ones that support Komen cancer ###### that pisses away 90% of it on execs lavishs alaries and parties and celeb "fundraising" and all that mess. Look up most of those charities the likes of oprah, etc support and you will see that most of the money doesn't go to support the causes, but goes to execs pockets or celebs pockets.

yuppies buy into that ###### every freakin second. But do you see them helping the williams or down syndrome foundations or duchenne MD, or helping cats or people with drug problems? nope. it's all about Komen or "feed the children" which both of those steal the most from donors. but yet, those are the ones teh yuppie scum support THE MOST. and get THE MOST. as well as salvation army... they are against gays and use so much money to hurt them.

don't even get me started about the racist bill and melinda gates foundation... they are VILE!!!! they wanna sterlise people that are "impure" and a lot of other crap.

Well done for your nonsensical, immature and uninformed rant.  It must be amazing to be such a saint, and able to judge others so easily.

As said, you are completely misusing the word Yuppie too.

* Citation needed.

Wow - and I thought remixed might have had a legit reason for all the hate - nope.

And as far as the racist endeavors of the world's largest charitable insitution - you need to throw some proof in here - and no conspiracy theory / right wing/ Fox affiliate stuff.

* Citation needed.

Why even ask for citation ? - you know there is none.  "they are VILE  !"   LOL :rolleyes:

Why even ask for citation ? - you know there is none.  "they are VILE  !"   LOL :rolleyes:

Of course I know there isn't any.  It was just my subtle way of saying that. ;)

Yuppies are soccer mom type Oprah watching nanny state supporters... Also can refer to the types that like "burning man" which is also a hipster douche sweat fest in teh middle of the desert by people and for people that are dumb enough to look at ugly statues and pay 300 dollar MINIMUM to look at em and listen to crappy mainstream house and rock music. average cost per attendee ranges from 600-10K. some eleitest hipster douchebags pay 23K to stay in a tent with fiji water and 2 charge ports and 1Mbps wifi access at BM

Also bill and Melinda gates foundation supports monsanto, the "treatments" they send to Africa have sterilized women and/or made them have stillborn babies... People that live in Africa tell me that they also steal a ton of money and rarely do anything but give treatments to 1/10th the ppl they claim to.. They do a lot of bad things over there.

Also bill and Melinda gates foundation supports monsanto, the "treatments" they send to Africa have sterilized women and/or made them have stillborn babies... People that live in Africa tell me that they also steal a ton of money and rarely do anything but give treatments to 1/10th the ppl they claim to.. They do a lot of bad things over there.

* Evidence needed please, but in the appropriate place, the It's a Conspiracy section.

So because Bill gates has (Truthfully) stated that the world is if not over populated, heading there fast, and todays population can't be sustained without drastic changed in how we do things or we'll ruin the planet and kill ourselves in the process, that means his foundation that is actually saving millions of people is there to kill people.

YEs, I'm sure his medicine that has side effects that can kill a person every now and then like all medicine, has the sole pointe of killing to use your hugely inflated numbers a few thousand a year. I mean the fact that the same medicine in that same period prevents tens and hundreds of thousands from dying or becoming invalids is completely irrelevant...

your math:

1 000 000 people - 150 000 deathly sick people + 145 000 people saved by medicine and vaccine = OMG B&M Gates foundation killed 5000 people!!!

but why am I bothering to argue this.. you're not going to listen anyway. You think timerosal causes autism as well(you know despite autism being caused before birth and vaccines coming quite long after birth). 

I'm not anti vax!!!!! I'm anti-adding-crap-that-kills-babies-into-vaccines-targeted-towards-ethnic-groups. duh. I don't belive that jenny mccarthy BS. k.

I'm not anti vax!!!!! I'm anti-adding-crap-that-kills-babies-into-vaccines-targeted-towards-ethnic-groups. duh. I don't belive that jenny mccarthy BS. k.

Yet you believe big business is into killing them, right? Dude, you really need to look at yourself...