So, what happened to Hum?

I was browsing around in the Real World New section and it hit me that one of the people who used to post there the most, Hum, hasn't been seen for awhile. I checked his profile and it says that he was "Last Active Jan 26 2015 22:46"

Anyone got any idea? I miss his conspiratorial, strange posts.

He knew too much...  :shiftyninja:

I literally lol'd. Thank you.

I thought maybe he did one of those overly dramatic posts where he said he was sick of Neowin or forums and then left. I have seen a few of those types of posts on some forums I visit.

His e-mail address is on his profile. nothing stopping you from dropping him a quick mail and asking him to come back?

I'm not sure there is anyone that wouldn't like being told they're missed  :)

• Like 1

His e-mail address is on his profile. nothing stopping you from dropping him a quick mail and asking him to come back?

I guess I could. I just noticed his absence, it wasn't like we were buddies. In fact, I think I might have been a little antagonistic towards some of his posts which were about pseudo-scientific or superstitious stuff.

Well, wherever he is, I hope he is OK.

That's for MSN.  I am not sure it's being used for email.

You can not be sure about that.

Not many people used MSN these days.  Since smartphones and skype are out now. Including the FaceTime.

Well since MSN has been defunct in all but China we can assume that HUM is in China.

I was actively using a @msn.com email address until last year, it was for junk registrations, I don't live in China.

I see he is/was using a hotmail account.  I'm going to send him an email.

Sent.

• Like 1

Maybe he got tired of the people who took his "pseudo-scientific or superstitious stuff" posts too serious. I don't think he necessarily went for everything he posted about in that area, just wanted to fill a gap in that section of Neowin. Or he just got busy in what others call a life outside the internet.

You're acting as if you care enough to know what's going on with him, but still took the time to post a small shot at him. Yes that comment was a small shot at him and please don't deny that.

Hope he is okay. When I had discovered a member had not been posting, I was able to determine they had actually passed away. I knew they had health issues already so was not completely unexpected, but still sucked to discover. Really sucked.

Despite what you may feel about what Hum posts, he is a pillar to this community. An absolute pillar. I truly hope it is just a matter of he needed a break, and not something else.

Hope he is okay. When I had discovered a member had not been posting, I was able to determine they had actually passed away. I knew they had health issues already so was not completely unexpected, but still sucked to discover. Really sucked.

Despite what you may feel about what Hum posts, he is a pillar to this community. An absolute pillar. I truly hope it is just a matter of he needed a break, and not something else.

There was a forum called "the hum" !

You're acting as if you care enough to know what's going on with him, but still took the time to post a small shot at him. Yes that comment was a small shot at him and please don't deny that.

I noticed that Hum hadn't posted for months and I bothered to ask why that was. When someone is active daily and has thousands of posts but just stops posting all of a sudden it isn't unreasonable to ask what happened.

It's not exactly a secret that I thought a lot of Hum's posts were silly and fixated on stuff like ghosts and UFOs. Oddly enough, it's because of the fact Hum's posts focused on stuff like that, that I remember him/(her?)

If you stop posting, I doubt I will notice. You can consider that a shot at you, if you like ;)

Im pretty sure Hum is a girl.. not sure why everyone is saying he/him

Yeah, IDK. It isn't possible to tell. I just assumed "him".

• Like 2

Im pretty sure Hum is a girl.. not sure why everyone is saying he/him

She is missing

He is missing.

There :p

Yeah, IDK. It isn't possible to tell. I just assumed "him".

+1 Yeah, user sex is not as relevant to he/she/it being offline / missing

That thing stopped being called MSN Messenger and became Windows Live Messenger in 2006 ... nearly ten years ago!

I can't believe some people are STILL referring to it with the wrong name!

Same thing.  Same company.  Who cares.

MS always rename some of their products these days.

And Neowin has 'MSN' in the profiles as optional.