Meet the browser: Edge Next

40 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Yeah I noticed the cursor keys issue too, reported it using the tool. On mine, pressing the cursor keys throws the cursor into the address bar, especially annoying when you are navigating a comment you are creating and forget.

Yup, exactly what it would do for me but it seems fixed now on the newest canary, did it get fixed for you?

On 5/8/2015 at 2:23 PM, BooBerry said:

SOURCE & Credits

empty post?

20 hours ago, Brandon H said:

I hope they change their mind on Linux support at some point as I still say that's a huge missed opportunity. If they don't want to upkeep multiple Linux repositories they could package it as a SNAP app or something.

Microsoft already have repositories for Linux at http://packages.microsoft.com/.

17 hours ago, Chicane-UK said:

Agreed... it'd be pretty awesome on Linux. They're already doing other products for Linux (e.g. Visual Studio Code) - doesn't seem like a browser based on something already available on Linux would be such a massive stretch. 

my thoughts exactly

3 hours ago, DonC said:

Microsoft already have repositories for Linux at http://packages.microsoft.com/.

yes for other products as Chicane-UK mentioned but nothing for Edge yet that I'm aware

10 hours ago, George P said:

Yup, exactly what it would do for me but it seems fixed now on the newest canary, did it get fixed for you?

Yeah seems ok on build Version 76.0.145.0

Build 76.0.145.0 added translator support for pages, so that's one new feature back.

It looks like I finally have spell check on and working, I didn't even notice till I typed a name and the red underline showed up.  

I would love them to change the theme of the tabs as i hate the Chrome look and i want a speed dial like Vivaldi where i set what dials they're without them changing.

5 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

I would love them to change the theme of the tabs as i hate the Chrome look and i want a speed dial like Vivaldi where i set what dials they're without them changing.

I'd have to open old edge and check but I think you had the ability to pin the ones you wanted to keep on the new tab page.

*Edit*  Yup, you can, so if something shows up you could at least pin it there and get rid of the rest.  You can at least add sites to it though I never bothered with a dial in any browser I've used.

New Canary build 76.0.158.0 is out.  Don't know what's new in this one at this point.  I was running into a odd youtube video issue with 76.0.155.0 though, where clicking on a video would give me a video player error.  Looks to be fixed in this build so far.

Canary 76.0.162.0, it's a shame these builds don't have a change log of some sort.  So far the only thing I've noticed is that they've added a "Close  Microsoft Edge"  command at the very end of the right menu, that wasn't there before.  The last entry used to be the "Help and Feedback" listing.  Unless I'm totally remembering it wrong?

Version 76.0.167.0 hit for me, and I just noticed in the Sync section that Settings is now flipped on when it used to only be favorites.   So looks like they've added sync support for your Edge settings starting with this version.

• 2 weeks later...

Canary up to Version 76.0.181.0, haven't noticed anything new.

Just got the newest Canary build  77.0.188.0.      Haven't noticed anything new, other than being on the newest v77 engine.  They really should put out some change log for Canary to IMO.

Just updated to Canary Version 77.0.189.1.  Don't know what the .1 is for, first time I've seen it used in the Canary builds.

Canary version 77.0.190.0 is out,  you now have the option to show icons only on the fav bar, to save space.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone on the newest Canary version , Version 77.0.211.0 have a issue where Edge is always on top of other windows?  I've closed it and opened it again, also restarted the shell, but nothing.  

12 minutes ago, George P said:

Anyone on the newest Canary version , Version 77.0.211.0 have a issue where Edge is always on top of other windows?  I've closed it and opened it again, also restarted the shell, but nothing.  

Yep, I have this problem too.

5 hours ago, 1for-matik said:

Yep, I have this problem too.

Looks like it's not just me, the insider forum has posts as well, gonna have to wait for a new build and hope it's fixed.  The problem was already reported so that's good.

• 3 months later...