2 Cops shot dead in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

"I heard six or seven shots," Williams said. He said the situated escalated very quickly."

cbs news

Grammar/spelling mistakes that come from heavily financed media companies are a huge pet peeve of mine...

Fire the proofreader, no excuses, no exceptions. If you can't do your job, get a different one.

Back on topic; Thoughout 2015, I wonder how many white cops were killed by white citizens and the events weren't posted here...?

Again, the media...

The issue is the systemic racism.

What racism?  "The knockout game" where blacks target a white, Asian or Arab person just because the color of their skin?  Here ya go.  A poor victim of systemic racism... a pregnant woman.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-punches-pregnant-woman-brutal-knockout-game-attack-131622429.html

(there's WAY more if you Youtube it, but I doubt you will)

What about crime?  Surly there's stats on all these racists attacking black people because the color of their skin... oh but the facts show that there's more black on white violence than the other way around.  It goes the same for rape. 

Forget about crime and all that razmataz, lets talk about privilege.  What if I told you that a someone has a better chance of getting a job based on the color of their skin rather than qualifications?  That sounds like privilege, doesn't it?  Well, thanks to affirmative action, this is a reality.  Except that it doesn't fit YOUR narrative of the situation.  You know why?  Because a black person has a better chance of getting a job because of the color of their skin, even if their qualifications are not that of the evil white man.

Forget about jobs, lets talk schooling.  How come there's more programs and special aid available to black people in the US than ANY OTHER RACE?  It must be everyone holding people back.  Yeah, that's totally it.  Must be racism.

Nobody "Forgot about their sacrifice" but rioting is hardly off topic, it's very much on topic in this day and age.

Complaining that some one is derailing the topic, is very much derailing the topic.

Last time I checked there was 1 riot over 1 killing and they've all moved on. As unjustified as it may have been. If you want to sit around perpetuating racial tension, do it. But don't make ###### up. There were as many minorities among those speaking out against it as anyone else.

Unfortunately all sides use racial tension to support their preferred way of life as opposed to discussing issues with the intention of providing meaningful dialogue or solutions.

What about crime?  Surly there's stats on all these racists attacking black people because the color of their skin... oh but the facts show that there's more black on white violence than the other way around.  It goes the same for rape.

I don't know about rape, most rape is same race. Most incest is same race. Close to 1/3 of all females are molested by the time they are 18, that's not blacks (edit, it is blacks, it's everyone). But it's rarely reported.

Every 15 minutes a woman or child disappears in this country, forever, to be human trafficked, raped, and or murdered. Blacks doing all that?

The point is crime is not actually racial. Criminals commit crimes. Data can be taken out of context to support racist ideologies, victimitis, or whatever other personal agendas all people have.

What a tragic event, I feel sorry for the colleagues and families of these two Officers; and I hope the community and Police force come together to support these people who have lost their loved ones.

• Like 3

The point is crime is not actually racial. Criminals commit crimes. Data can be taken out of context to support racist ideologies, victimitis, or whatever other personal agenda all people have.

Yes, data is racist.  Facts are racist.  Choose to believe what you want, it doesn't mean it's not true.  Because see, I have facts to support my claims.  You have your feelings.  I have data to support EVERYTHING I just said.  And one more thing, if I was in a country or place that I thought and genuinely felt was oppressing me or treating me poorly, I'd leave.  If I felt every single member of one race was out to get me, I'd move to some place else.  Why isn't that happening?  Because it's not true, that's why.

• Like 2

1) Because see, I have facts to support my claims. 

2) If I felt every single member of one race was out to get me, I'd move to some place else.

3) I'd move to some place else.  Why isn't that happening?    

1) That's the whole point. Of course you do. So do I. The same facts. Of course, you simply ignore those that don't support your personal ideology or how you were raised or whatever limits your intellect. You can even find passages in the bible to support what you believe, so can everyone else.

2) Who do you know that feels that way? You're a prisoner of your own mind, just as much as those lost in their socioeconomic status.

3) This argument is pure idiocy. But let me indulge it. 1 argument is: Because their forefathers built the country, along with many others. They never did get their 40 acres and a mule. 2. Let's say they do want to leave, you tell me why it isn't happening. Do you know how much an African Safari costs? Or a trip to Egypt? Did the socioeconomics of your own silly suggestion even cross your mind? No, because you have on blinders. You wouldn't know what to think if you couldn't identify with the simpleton ideology of black/white and racism. You suffer as much as those idiots who rioted.

Racism actually helps people like you believe you're "special" or "superior" to something. That's why racism will never die. African Americans stuck in a mode of victimitis, still suffering from the aftermath of their breeding and the Willie Lynch Principles will eventually overcome it/outgrow it, hopefully, but people like you will always need racism to have personal value.

Question: why don't you go where others agree with you like Volksfront or Arian Nation. Why do you come to a tech site with this? Just curious.

Last time I checked there was 1 riot over 1 killing and they've all moved on. As unjustified as it may have been. If you want to sit around perpetuating racial tension, do it. But don't make ###### up. There were as many minorities among those speaking out against it as anyone else.

Unfortunately all sides use racial tension to support their preferred way of life as opposed to discussing issues with the intention of providing meaningful dialogue or solutions.

-- removed --

Original post removed. I'll just get called racist or some **** by the overly sensitive users of Neowin.

Apparently, a discussion about recent riots has no place here and i'll honour that.

I already agreed with Enron that the topic had been derailed to much, but some users took it upon themselves to continue derailing.

I suggest if any one has an issue with any thing i said, take it up with me on PM or via my email listed in the profile.

-- removed --

Original post removed. I'll just get called racist or some **** by the overly sensitive users of Neowin.

I already agreed with Enron that the topic had been derailed to much, but some users took it upon themselves to continue derailing.

I suggest if any one has an issue with any thing i said, take it up with me on PM or via my email listed in the profile.

Why don't you list all the riots that have your panties in a bunch, so we can be on the same page? You going back through history, or basic your life's ideology on every incident reported around the Baltimore riot or what. I'll be back next week to check and will revise my response based on your list.

Why don't you list all the riots that have your panties in a bunch, so we can be on the same page? You going back through history, or basic your life's ideology on every incident reported around the Baltimore riot or what. I'll be back next week to check and will revise my response based on your list.

Please read what you quoted. I'm fine to discuss this, but not in this thread.

1) That's the whole point. Of course you do. So do I. The same facts. Of course, you simply ignore those that don't support your personal ideology or how you were raised or whatever limits your intellect. You can even find passages in the bible to support what you believe, so can everyone else.

2) Who do you know that feels that way? You're a prisoner of your own mind, just as much as those lost in their socioeconomic status.

3) This argument is pure idiocy. But let me indulge it. 1 argument is: Because their forefathers built the country, along with many others. They never did get their 40 acres and a mule. 2. Let's say they do want to leave, you tell me why it isn't happening. Do you know how much an African Safari costs? Or a trip to Egypt? Did the socioeconomics of your own silly suggestion even cross your mind? No, because you have on blinders. You wouldn't know what to think if you couldn't identify with the simpleton ideology of black/white and racism. You suffer as much as those idiots who rioted.

Racism actually helps people like you believe you're "special" or "superior" to something. That's why racism will never die. African Americans stuck in a mode of victimitis, still suffering from the aftermath of their breeding and the Willie Lync Principles, but people like you will always need racism to have personal value.

Question: why don't you go where others agree with you like Volksfront or Arian Nation. Why do you come to a tech site with this? Just curious.

1.  As do you.  You're ignoring fact, so I guess we're the same.

2.  You're a prisoner of the media and your feelings.  Facts, history and logic have no use in trying to prove it to you.

3. So you're saying that if you thought everyone hated you, you'd stay in that same place?  And about "their forefathers built the country"  WHAT DID THEY BUILD?  WHAT DID THEY DO?  Show me!  Please!  Give me just one example.  Just one.  IE The Chinese and Irish building the railroads.  Something to that effect.

Yes, racism helps people like me.  It helps me to see that there's no arguing with some people, even when presenting them with facts.  You have brought ZERO facts to the table.  Everything you've stated is just an opinion and has no factual basis at all.  But please, don't let facts get in the way.  Just because you FEEL a way about any given situation doesn't mean you're right.  Facts are hard to disprove.  Unless you ignore them and go with your feelings.  Here's something you'll hate; the first slave owner in the United States... was black.  Sorry, I forgot history and facts have no place here. 

How is that derailing the topic ? It is very much the topic lately.

Cop shoots blacks, blacks riot

Blacks shoot cops, cops are bad so its OK - even deserved

That has been the topic for several months, coming to a boil now.

You may want to empathize with everyone, but stats, facts speak for themselves.

Spot on.

• Like 2

So, basically its everyone else's fault ?  Mainly white america is to blame ?

The individual is responsible but the situation is created by failings in society. You cannot pretend that these people led privileged lives and then suddenly decided to murder a couple of police officers.

What racism?  "The knockout game" where blacks target a white, Asian or Arab person just because the color of their skin?  Here ya go.  A poor victim of systemic racism... a pregnant woman.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-punches-pregnant-woman-brutal-knockout-game-attack-131622429.html

The 'knockout game' isn't related to race, even though the right-wing media in the US has tried to claim that it is. Further, are you denying the systemic racism facing black people in America? I'm trying to understand what part of my analysis you disagree with.

Forget about crime and all that razmataz, lets talk about privilege.  What if I told you that a someone has a better chance of getting a job based on the color of their skin rather than qualifications?  That sounds like privilege, doesn't it?  Well, thanks to affirmative action, this is a reality.  Except that it doesn't fit YOUR narrative of the situation.  You know why?  Because a black person has a better chance of getting a job because of the color of their skin, even if their qualifications are not that of the evil white man.

If you honestly believe that black people have an easier time getting jobs then... well, I really don't know what to say. Affirmative action is a short-term remedy to address centuries of inequality. Does it eliminate the wealth gap that is a legacy from slavery? Nope. Does it eliminate poverty and poor education amongst black communities? Nope. Does it eliminate racism and discrimination in the workplace or the criminal justice system? Nope. To claim that it is white people who are disadvantaged if outright offensive. You should read up about affirmative action.

As I said, these killings have to be viewed in the context of wider social problems. If someone is stood there shooting you the solution isn't to slap a plaster on the gunshot wounds - it's to stop the person shooting you. Locking these individuals up is all well and good but the underlying social issues need to be addressed.

If someone is stood there shooting you the solution isn't to slap a plaster on the gunshot wounds - it's to stop the person shooting you. Locking these individuals up is all well and good but the underlying social issues need to be addressed.

Are you suggesting the shooters were victims in this post?

If someone is stood there shooting you the solution isn't to slap a plaster on the gunshot wounds - it's to stop the person shooting you. Locking these individuals up is all well and good but the underlying social issues need to be addressed.

Things like these happen cause we don't have punishment's like An Eye for An Eye. But then streets will be filled up with protesters and all unemployed people (basically those who have nothing else to do and have plenty free time) these people group up and protest. Even if you put such people behind bars they'd still enjoy there when they are getting free meals, gym, company of past criminals (like minds) and have medical facilities. So its better to sentence them to death (By gun firing method, to save money) and this shall be done as soon as possible.

Why am I not surprised this has turned into black vs white by the same usual people, drinking the media Kool Aid. Skin color aside, justice will be served at the maximum allowed by law. Murderers all fall into the same category no matter their ethnicity.

• Like 2

No. There is not enough information about them in order to come to any informed position on the matter. There are systemic racial issues in the US and they could be victims of that. However, that doesn't excuse their actions. What I'm saying is that the causes need to be investigated to come to an informed understanding.

How is that derailing the topic ?  It is very much the topic lately.

Cop shoots blacks, blacks riot

Blacks shoot cops, cops are bad so its OK - even deserved

That has been the topic for several months, coming to a boil now.

You may want to empathize with everyone, but stats, facts speak for themselves.

Flase. This is not only extremely disrepectful to the protesters and movements for better police accountability and equality in our country, but completely missing the point as well. Cops generally do not go to jail when they commit murder. Even if it's on tape. Black civilians who shoot cops do. THIS is why people riot. It's for more accountability with for officers, and so that the law will apply equally to everyone irregardless of if they have a badge or if their skin is the right hue.

For the case this thread is about there's nothing to riot or protest about

• Like 1

Personally, I put all racists in the same category as those low-life's. There is no place for them in this world.

Bravo. Racism is never okay. Signed up just to pitch in after seeing some of the ignorant closet neo-nazis posting here. Smh.

HATTIESBURG, Miss. - Three people were arrested in connection with the murder of two police officers who were fatally shot Saturday evening during a traffic stop in the southern Mississippi city of Hattiesburg.

Thanks for posting, but please, search before you post.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1256108-2-cops-slain-while-on-duty-in-mississippi/

>

Skin color aside, justice will be served at the maximum allowed by law. Murderers all fall into the same category no matter their ethnicity.

This is true and most victims of crime a given ethnicity tend to be victimized by criminals from within that ethnicity, though there is a considerable spillover when you have blended neighborhoods as in the Detroit area.

Here criminal groups can be ethnic or ad hoc; well to do, middle class or lower class. Today's big news item was 2 black shooters in an Escalade. Don't cry society made them do it or even the black community will hammer you. It ain't that simple. Not even close. You can't feed the gangsta culture to impressionable minds of any ethnicity or economic strata without a few percent emulating it.

Flase. This is not only extremely disrepectful to the protesters and movements for better police accountability and equality in our country, but completely missing the point as well. Cops generally do not go to jail when they commit murder. Even if it's on tape. Black civilians who shoot cops do. THIS is why people riot. It's for more accountability with for officers, and so that the law will apply equally to everyone irregardless of if they have a badge or if their skin is the right hue.

For the case this thread is about there's nothing to riot or protest about

• Like 2

Actually, setting cities on fire and looting stores isn't the answer... No matter how much you want to believe it is, it's not...

You don't seem to understand that cases like this where somebody is straight up murdered is cut and dry.  Make the arrest, and done. When a cop uses deadly force, it's not that simple.  Cops don't just go around murdering people for no reason.  Whether or not it was lawful has to be considered in a court of law.  That's how these things work and justice will be served...

More often than not, these protests have been pointless because the cop(s) didn't do anything wrong.  Stop braking the law, stop burning down cities, stop attacking police, stop making these occurrences purely about race...  It's not that damn hard...  There are plenty of times where the race lines have been reversed and nobody rioted and looted.  There's absolutely no excuses...

This is completely misguided.

>Actually, setting cities on fire and looting stores isn't the answer... No matter how much you want to believe it is, it's not...

No one ever said it was the answer. In all of these protests the majority has always been peaceful, but the looting is played up and excessively focused on by conservatives to villify the entire cause and ignore the reason everyone is out there in the first place.

>You don't seem to understand that cases like this where somebody is straight up murdered is cut and dry.

Exactly. The difference is we have plenty of cut and dry cases of cops murdering people, usually minorities but sometimes white people, and no prosecution or even a charge. That is why people protest.

>Cops don't just go around murdering people for no reason.

Have you been in incubation for the last two years? They do actually. A lot more than you think. Too many to list here.

>That's how these things work and justice will be served...

Often times justice is not served because someone has a badge or because the dead is the wrong hue. Hence the protests. The culture of police being above the law is a distubing fascist trend.

>More often than not, these protests have been pointless because the cop(s) didn't do anything wrong.

This is not only false, but also reaks of authoritiarian apologia and is extremely disrepectful to all of the innocent people murdered by cops.

>There are plenty of times where the race lines have been reversed and nobody rioted and looted.

Link me one time where a cop has been killed and no one was charged. Go on.

Many criminals are the result of a society that failed them. What he is saying makes perfect sense. Only someone with an agenda would say that where defending them by saying that. That's like saying supporting education funding for the poor is defending the lazy. We should all be striving to fix the problems in society that have caused such tension. Whether it be community policing, or fixing the misappropriation of funds in the public school system, it should be the focus instead of divisive polarizing politics.