Are you afraid to die?

Are you afraid to dead and if so why.

Not really no, it's going to happen to everyone one day. It's just how it happens that I would be scared of.

• Like 1

I'm afraid of pain and not making the lives of my family and friends better for my presence. Death, not so much, though I'd like to have more time with my niece and nephews.

With the job I have, places I've been, and things I've seen, yes. I am more afraid for my wonderful wife, and two daughters. I am truly blessed to have them in my life. Never do I take it for granted.

I think religion exists for the sole reason that people are scared to die.

In Christianity at least its actually the Church who use the fear of death or what it might bring against their parishioners to subjugate them.

Im not afraid of dying.

Im more afraid of not dying and becoming something and everyone on earth wishing that I was dead.

i was when i was younger.

screwed a bit of my life up since then......so not really bothered by death, provided its quick. i'd fear it if i was a vegetable/forced fed and stuff like that.

Turns out there is more to fear than death, such as piling on debt, taxman, crazy women, crazy men with vans/hammers/garages with no lights/a conservative led government etc etc

Death is fine by me, as long as my future children get what they need. I don't care if the world has to burn now and become something better. I just want my family to live in peace.

I certainly dont want to - too many things I enjoy.  So, yes, I am afraid to die before its "my time"

Same here. Too many things I want to do.

Death dont bother me. I could die tomorrow knowing I died happy and did everything I wanted to. 

Of course I am scared of dying! I am 31 and I want to enjoy my life as I am not going to get another one. I don't believe in any kind of after life. What we have now is all we are gonna get.

I accept I will die one day though so I try and enjoy life as much as I can. I hope when my time comes it is quick, what scares me more than dying is living in tremendous amounts of pain for months or years while I slowly fall apart. I fully expect I will kill myself if I am honest. Not for a long time, I am certainly not suicidal, but if I were to be diagnosed with terminal cancer tomorrow I would kill myself when things became too much. I think it is awful that we will end the life of a pet that is suffering but not a person.

Edit: same goes for mental deterioration such as with alzheimer's. I saw my grand-father kept alive for many months when I know all he would have wanted, if he still had his mind, would be to die. It was seeing him like that which made me realise life is only worthwhile if you have quality. Who cares about an extra 6 or 12 months if you have no idea who you or your loved ones are or are in so much pain you need morphine constantly, etc. Sorry but that isn't living too me.

Nope but I am afraid of dying before enjoying the heck out of everything in life :D

Are you afraid to dead and if so why.

Why are you asking? What's that behind your back? Oh crap! POLICE!!!

One should not be afraid of death. Here's why:

1. Death is unpredictable BUT its certain.

2. One can die any moment; while sleeping, while having sex, eating, drinking, bathing and basically doing anything.

3. Don't attach yourself to anyone/ anything; Cause they are not coming with you once you die. 

4. If you have no attachments, you basically have nothing to lose, so no reason of being afraid of death.