Mr Robot

I never said they couldn't have their moments where they totally nerd it up and talk about linux.

Just sayin they need to tread carefully. If they go too far in that direction it's only going to appeal to a certain limited amount of people.

i hear what you are saying! but i think you have read to much into my reply. but come to think of it why would it be a bad thing to have a more techie show? , why should the show bend to the whim of the unwashed masses whos tech ability is at the limit of posting a new facebook status or looking for the cats who wantz cheeseburgers.

again not a personal attack on your comment.

i hear what you are saying! but i think you have read to much into my reply. but come to think of it why would it be a bad thing to have a more techie show? , why should the show bend to the whim of the unwashed masses whos tech ability is at the limit of posting a new facebook status or looking for the cats who wantz cheeseburgers.

again not a personal attack on your comment.

Because if you want a show to have more than 1 season then you need a show to appeal to as many people as possible.

And making it so tech oriented that only a small minority of people who are interested in that stuff isn't going to do that.

I just finished watching this show.  It is so cool.  It definitely has the original Matrix's dystopian view of society, especially with the fiction E Corp running virtually everything.  So, I have a question, since Elliot views E Corp as Evil Corp, when it shows it that way on news tickers, is that how the news is calling them?  Or is it just Elliot's imagination?  The same with his boss calling them Evil Corp; is he really saying that, or is that just what Elliot hears?

I can't hardly wait for episode 2!

• Like 1

I just finished watching this show.  It is so cool.  It definitely has the original Matrix's dystopian view of society, especially with the fiction E Corp running virtually everything.  So, I have a question, since Elliot views E Corp as Evil Corp, when it shows it that way on news tickers, is that how the news is calling them?  Or is it just Elliot's imagination?  The same with his boss calling them Evil Corp; is he really saying that, or is that just what Elliot hears?

I thought it was only how he sees it.

He explains that he has conditioned himself to see them as Evil Corp and the show is from his perspective / point of view.

Yeah I didn't enjoy episode 2 at all :no:

that sucks, i am just starting to watch it, after LOVING ep1.

well, i will have to see for myself.

Yeah I didn't enjoy episode 2 at all :no:

What's not to like about it? I thought it was just as good as the first episode if not better.

And the ending was just crazy, didn't see it coming at all.

• Like 1

Loved Episode 2 was better than the first one

yeah, it is fine. not sure what kozukumi did not like about it.

Thoughts of Ep 3? I liked it which is good after not enjoying episode 2 that much.

Some things - spoiler warning

very interesting developments with Tyrell. Paying to beat the ###### out of a homeless guy. The way he was with his wife who is pregnant. The gay sex. Rooting the phone. 

And the whole Evil Corp connection to Angela's mum and Elliot's dad's death.

Ollie coming clean and Angela dumping him then un-dumping him 5 minutes later.

Elliot getting a "girlfriend" in the most awkward way possible.

I enjoyed the episode. Lots of twists and turns going on and I'm eager to see where it all goes.

Yup. A lot happened compared to episode 2 which I thought was quite slow and a little boring. Good character development, especially for Tyrell. That is a very strange marriage he has!!

Yup. A lot happened compared to episode 2 which I thought was quite slow and a little boring. Good character development, especially for Tyrell. That is a very strange marriage he has!!

Yeah. It's a good thing we're not meant to like him because he's really not.

He mentioned at the start of the 3rd episode that the hospitals computer systems run on Windows 98 ... but the screenshot they showed, says differently

19525833416_546e6b8d3c_c.jpg

He mentioned at the start of the 3rd episode that the hospitals computer systems run on Windows 98 ... but the screenshot they showed, says differently

You're right - that looks like either Windows 2000 or Windows ME.  That Recycle Bin icon is definitely not Win98.  Good catch warwagon!  I love his exposition.  This is William Highsmith.  He's an idiot.  Course it's not entirely his fault; he has a yearly IT budget of $7,000.