Mr Robot

He mentioned at the start of the 3rd episode that the hospitals computer systems run on Windows 98 ... but the screenshot they showed, says differently

19525833416_546e6b8d3c_c.jpg

Doesn't mean he's wrong or an inconsistency in the show.  He could have hacked in to an XP box to remote desktop in to the server.  Plus the HR application isn't even showing in the taskbar :D

My wife is under the impressions that Mr. Robot is a manifestation of Elliot's mind.  I need to re-watch the episodes again and see.

Doesn't mean he's wrong or an inconsistency in the show.  He could have hacked in to an XP box to remote desktop in to the server.  Plus the HR application isn't even showing in the taskbar :D

My wife is under the impressions that Mr. Robot is a manifestation of Elliot's mind.  I need to re-watch the episodes again and see.

No need to spoiler that theory primortal it has been brought up a number of times. 

There is a VERY strong connection to Fight Club in Mr. Robot. 

Friend of mine suggested I should check this show out so I watched all 3 episodes so far last night.

It is now my favorite current TV show.

For starters, as said right above my comment, it has a very obvious Fight Club influence. This is a good thing.

It also is, while not fully based in reality, at least a valid attempt at trying to be real with the technology influences and references.

And I really just love the overall message itself.

Only other thing I can say is I am shocked it is on USA. I did not know they were capable of producing good original programming.

• Like 1

** Shields my eyes from potential spoilers **

Just tracked down and watched ep 1, so far it's basically just Dexter but replace killings with hackings and blood vials with burnt discs... and you know what, that's fine with me, i'm loving it.

Just tracked down and watched ep 1, so far it's basically just Dexter but replace killings with hackings and blood vials with burnt discs... and you know what, that's fine with me, i'm loving it.

Haha I love that comparison :D

• Like 2

The refreshing thing about this show is it's so unpredictable. I don't want to mention anything in particular - I don't want to ruin anyone's fun by revealing the surprises. Cant wait for next weeks episode.

• Like 1

It's nothing like Dexter.  :wacko:

It's nothing like Dexter.  :wacko:

Elliot's voice-overs reminded me of Dexter quite a bit in the first episode.  Especially since he has a slightly croaky voice. 

He's like a digital serial killer lol

Except for he hasn't killed anyone (yet???).

More like a digital stalker.

Elliot's voice-overs reminded me of Dexter quite a bit in the first episode.  Especially since he has a slightly croaky voice. 

Ehh I guess I can see some similarities with the running narratives but that really wasn't unique to Dexter, either.

A slower episode this week but it's all about setting up the next one.

Have they said how many are gonna be in the season? 10 or 12? Or more?

I really don't know if I loved this or not anymore. Like, I absolutely loved the first episode, specially when he outed that pedo in the coffee shop. The episodes since then, just haven't seemed interesting like that one did, the latest episode was just a huge mind f**k to me as to what was actually happening. 
Ill keep watching but to me, it's turning into a Sense8 with its nonsense storylines :/

in EP3, his friends says that hers and her dad information will be sold to the highest bidder...  and asks him if he knows how hard it is to deal with massive identity theft.

everything i know about identity theft, tells me, that once warned, the danger is prevented.

if they quickly notify all the institutions involved with their finances, warning that the information was stolen, they can prevent all damage!!!

man, i hate when such things take me out of the believable story.   maybe i am nitpicking. i love the show. and i am about to start ep4... but come on... why the hell would she worry, if she can place protection on her credit in advance... damn.

I really don't know if I loved this or not anymore. Like, I absolutely loved the first episode, specially when he outed that pedo in the coffee shop. The episodes since then, just haven't seemed interesting like that one did, the latest episode was just a huge mind f**k to me as to what was actually happening. 

Ill keep watching but to me, it's turning into a Sense8 with its nonsense storylines :/

I feel exactly the same. My mate raved about it so started watching. I cannot make up my mind if I like it or not :/

I feel exactly the same. My mate raved about it so started watching. I cannot make up my mind if I like it or not :/

Yeah I am not really enjoying it anymore. I expected a hacker show but it is more about mental health to be honest. Drug addiction, depression, social anxiety, etc. 

I too loved the opening scene with the pedo, I thought he was going to hack to make the planet a better place kind of thing. Not hack like he is trying to do what Tyler Durden failed at. 

With his withdrawl and all the fantasy/dreams it feels like it is trying a bit too hard to be unique. 

I thought the very meta conversation while watching Hackers was funny though.

• Like 2

Yeah I am not really enjoying it anymore. I expected a hacker show but it is more about mental health to be honest. Drug addiction, depression, social anxiety, etc. 

I too loved the opening scene with the pedo, I thought he was going to hack to make the planet a better place kind of thing. Not hack like he is trying to do what Tyler Durden failed at. 

With his withdrawl and all the fantasy/dreams it feels like it is trying a bit too hard to be unique. 

I thought the very meta conversation while watching Hackers was funny though.

Yeah exactly, I was thinking the show would be him hacking criminals who do the world bad and bring them to justice by exposing them (like that epic pedo scene). 

I can understand the mental health stuff, depression stuff and social anxiety stuff too, but they really need to put that on the backend of the show and focus on the hacking if they want the show to be a success I reckon. 

As it stands, ill probably give it another couple of chances but if it continues down the same path, ill be letting it go.

• Like 1

well hopefully he will get over his addiction, or at least not put it on the front for us to see and managed it off screen.  

i mean i was totally ok with the episode dedicated fully to it, but i am betting it will not be a focus of the show from now on.  fingers crossed.

The question is...is this all just a delusion in his head and is any of it real?  And is his addiction just adding to his delusions of bringing down 'evil corp'?  Does Mr. Robot (aka Christian Slater) actually exist or is he just another delusional thought?