• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages

A Real American!    187
"When Friday began, there were 14 states where same-sex couples still could not legally marry. By the afternoon

hagjohn    2,293

Yawn.

Jim K    15,385

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/opponents-divided-on-how-or-whether-to-resist-supreme-court-ruling/ar-AAcbVTX

Linky without the code box.

Anyway...have you read the decision?  It is 103 pages long.  No doubtedly Louisiana looked at it and said ... "oh no...TL:DR".   :)

Supreme Court's Decision

And another link regarding the same subject:  http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/06/bobby_jindal_administration_sa_1.html

SpeedyTheSnail    1,287

I can't wait to see the first gay divorce, who will be the one to get alimony?

TMYW    61

The person with lower income, obviously.

• Like 2

A Real American!    187

That's a billion dollar question. They prolly have certain rules of their own. Sleep Facing each other = Ongoing fight. One sleeps the other way = Everything Good   :p  :rofl:

TPreston    5,389

This is just embarrassing now :rofl:

SpeedyTheSnail    1,287

The person with lower income, obviously.

The woman usually gets the alimony in this country even if they work, that is a joke that I made!

• Like 1

Liana    155

Not issuing marriage licenses yet because the courthouses still need to get their legal ducks in a row and update forms and things, that makes sense, but to pout and throw a tantrum and say that you're going to refuse to issue marriage licenses to everyone? That's just mean-spirited.

TMYW    61

Not issuing marriage licenses yet because the courthouses still need to get their legal ducks in a row and update forms and things, that makes sense, but to pout and throw a tantrum and say that you're going to refuse to issue marriage licenses to everyone? That's just mean-spirited.

That "Buddy" Caldwell guy is clearly showboating for the next election. He thinks he can get notoriety for being the same-sex marriage equivalent of the last Japanese WWII holdout.

siah1214    1,543

Damn rednecks. 

Doli    566

The first divorce already happened

SpeedyTheSnail    1,287

The first divorce already happened

link?

Anibal P    2,055

Pretty pathetic of them to fight it, it was only a matter of time before this was going to happen 

And most of the religious reasons are not Biblical, even the verse used has been completely misrepresented to what it really meant 

Liana    155

Pretty pathetic of them to fight it, it was only a matter of time before this was going to happen 

And most of the religious reasons are not Biblical, even the verse used has been completely misrepresented to what it really meant 

That's the thing about the bible, it can be interpreted many different ways, often in a way that aligns with and supports the existing beliefs of the interpreter.

Anibal P    2,055

That's the thing about the bible, it can be interpreted many different ways, often in a way that aligns with and supports the existing beliefs of the interpreter.

The only way to "biblically" justify their assurances require a complete disregard for the context of the passage, but even that doesn't matter, they aren't Jews following Judaism, but Christians that should be following the New Testament

• Like 1

+Raze    17,637
SpeedyTheSnail    1,287
Flawedspirit    99

[...]

[Point 1] In Alabama, two officials announced another method of resistance: If they couldn

• Like 1

DefyTheOutcome    295

Some attorney generals need to re-read a certain amendment of the constitution: hint, it is the sixth one.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

• Like 1

sava700    337

Kinda tired of seeing rainbow crap all over the net... can't wait for it to die down and people stop pushing their beliefs onto others.

Depicus    970

Kinda tired of seeing rainbow crap all over the net... can't wait for it to die down and people stop pushing their beliefs onto others.

Really ? I think you missed the /s or maybe you are simply not understanding the situation.

• Like 1

HawkMan    5,232

Well according tot he bibble the israelites are descendants or zombies/white walkers...

The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lordand set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me,
  • Like 3

FloatingFatMan    20,408

You mean like how religions have been doing to -everyone- for the past few thousand years? :p

• Like 11

TMYW    61

AAcc7Kh.img

• Like 5