What does everyone think of the new Microsoft Edge?

Couldn't really tell you what I think of it as on my machine it did nothing but crash. Only got it to stay open 1 time and then the first thing I did was download Firefox!

From my experience with version 10130, I think was the build number, all of Windows 10 is nothing but one big POS!

Replaced Windows 10 with the new version of Debian!

Sounds like your machine is the POS. 

Is there a reason to use anything other than Chrome? Nope.

yeah, there is. It's called my laptop's battery and IE11 is usually faster for me.

p.s. your post can be considered as trolling.

I like RAM.  I like it more so being available.

I don't like the fact that it doesn't remember previous window size and position. I like my browser window to be of specific size and position and Edge just doesn't respect that. Chrome does.

Three dots is actually consistent on phone... well that's about it. :/

Where did you go to school? An ellipsis is consistent with the English language (and probably most other European languages) - it means "more to follow". It is the perfect cue used in the most appropriate way. I cannot think of a better one.

Yes, I can think of several:

• I don't have to install IE, it is there and ready to go
  • I don't have to spend ages seeking out extensions to get the user experience I want
  • I don't have to be constantly bombarded by Google trying to get me to create an account

And that's before you even start to think about any technical reasons (of which there are many).

I actually don't understand why anyone bothers with Chrome. It's just a browser, like every other browser, and we all had browsers we were happy enough with before it came along, so why would anyone change?

Where did you go to school? An ellipsis is consistent with the English language (and probably most other European languages) - it means "more to follow". It is the perfect cue used in the most appropriate way. I cannot think of a better one.

What does my school have to do with MDL as it exists on WP 8.1 and below? The dots are consistent on the phone in what they mean and looks like you agree with my post. So why this attitude?

I have Windows 10 on my test computer (desktop with Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB RAM) .

Microsoft Edge, I found to be very buggy, so I went back to IE.

It's Ok but no reason that I can see to switch from the much more mature and feature rich Firefox. The innability  to suppress adverts kills it for me.

• 5 years later...

This new Edge is Chromium-based, and thus replaced both Chrome AND IE.

It did NOT replace Firefox (and does not have to); however, Firefox was not my default (IE was).

I use Edge for anything I would normally have used Chrome for (as it also supports all of Chrome's options) or IE.  An example is

the Android Flash tool for new builds of Android; Edge works a treat with that.