Akers missed field goal

I never saw that video before either. Dammit, this makes me so freakin ****ed! :angry: That sky cam is the worst view ever, I do not even know why they make a big deal about it. And whoever said the 49ers are better, you do not have a good team with two players on it. Wait I mean one player now minus Owens. And if I recall, the Eagles are 3rd in the power rankings on ESPN.com and NFL.com. SF is not even close to them. And wait, who is in the playoffs again and who isn't?

Edited by jmole

Plus if you check NFL.com you'll clearly see SF is ranked higher overall. We're 10th in defense overall (Philly is 21st.. uh huh) and 5th in overall offense (Philly is 19th). Now what?

Opio, I hope your stats let you sleep better at night knowing the Eagles are in the playoffs and have a chance of getting a ring when the 49ers are not even in contention. Stats mean bull if you don't win. What will stats get you if you don't win the Super Bowl? Big deal the 49ers are 10th in defense and 5th in offense, but they are not in the playoffs, so who cares?

post-91-1072417390.jpg

Edited by jmole

Um... no crap? The point is WE beat YOU and it had nothing to do with Fox. Personally I can't stand Philly and often dislike its over-the-top diehards so to answer your question, yes, it does help me sleep better at night to know that we beat you. Sure I wish we were in the playoffs but playing spoiler is just as fun. More early round draft picks for us anyway.

And what's the point in showing me the playoff standings? I think I know what's going on. Of course I'm gonna get crap from fans like yourself and your definition of "better." So flame away :happy:

Edited by Opio

And whoever said the 49ers are better, you do not have a good team with two players on it. Wait I mean one player now minus Owens. And if I recall, the Eagles are 3rd in the power rankings on ESPN.com and NFL.com. SF is not even close to them. And wait, who is in the playoffs again and who isn't?

True, but who won the head to head? :whistle:

True, but who won the head to head?  :whistle:

It was one game and we were not playing our best and basically we lost the game not because they were good, they won basically due to our screw ups and for that reason alone. Some teams have off days and that was one of them. The standings show who is the better team and I do not think there is anything to dispute it. All it comes down to is wins and losses, not offensive and deffensive stats. If the 49ers were truely better then us, then they would be leading their division and have a winning record. At the end of the season it does not matter to us if they won that game. Good for them, but their season ends on Sunday and I doubt their victory over the Eagle's is going to get them through he offseason.

Edited by jmole

Good for them,  but their season ends on Sunday and I doubt their victory over the Eagle's is going to get them through he offseason.

Actually it ends on Saturday :whistle:

And hell yeah momentum carries into the offseason... sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way.

You're going to find any way to cut the Niners down and the fact of the matter is I really doubt you guys would be digging for these lame excuses had the Eagles won last Sunday.

Yes in the end, the Eagles are going to the playoffs and we're not but frankly I really don't think the Eagles have what it takes to make it past the NFC championship. If you guys end up winning the Superbowl, I'll be very surprised and I'll end up eating my words. But for now I can just bask in the glory of your loss. Ha. :whistle: