DConnell

Over in the  Random Text Thread I posted a couple pics of my toy collection,and got requests for more. So I figured this forum was the right spot for it. There may be some other lines mixed in, but I'll keep it mostly Transformers. And of course any other collectors on here are welcome to share their pics.

post-62779-0-81654100-1436991124.jpg

Age of Extinction Leader Grimlock, and Masterpiece Grimlock

post-62779-0-08065800-1436991172.jpg

Movie Prime and Bumblebee

post-62779-0-30904900-1436991222.jpg

AOE Prime sparring with G1 Masterpiece Prime

• Like 1
Draconian Guppy

Awesomesauce primes!

DConnell

post-62779-0-67501500-1436991503.jpg

G1 Trypticon/Decepticon City populated by Legends class Decepticons.

post-62779-0-60408700-1436991579.jpg

Powerglide petting Steeljaw, on Metroplex in battle platform mode.

DConnell

post-62779-0-77175600-1436991715.jpg

G1 TFs meet their TF: Prime counterparts

post-62779-0-09727300-1436991779.jpg

Age of Extinction leader Optimus

• Like 1
Draconian Guppy

Has any of them ever broken?

DConnell

Has any of them ever broken?

Occasionally.

My original Jazz broke on its first transformation, while I was following the instructions. The roof joint is a known fragile spot.I've owned 3 original Optimus Primes, only one of which is still intact.

My G1 Blurr broke, and I had to get one on Ebay to repair it with.

That Age of Extinction Prime has a spring-loaded head reveal - which tends to launch his head across the room! :woot:

But overall my figures are in good shape.

In general, I prefer the post-1986 stuff to the early Diaclone-based toys. They looked cool, but were incredibly fragile, even when they were new. And the modern toys are really tough, apart from the Masterpiece line and the occasional manufacturing flaw.

Draconian Guppy

What's the total of your collection running at ?

DConnell

What's the total of your collection running at ?

Number of figures or price? Not that it matters, I don't really have either number. Lost count years ago. At least a thousand, probably multiple.

Draconian Guppy

Number of figures or price? Not that it matters, I don't really have either number. Lost count years ago. At least a thousand, probably multiple.

Figures!

Also, speaking of collection, do you have any rare collectors items?

DConnell

Figures!

Also, speaking of collection, do you have any rare collectors items?

I have a few Botcon exclusives, mostly from the 3H days (`97-2004). My favorites are Transmetal Tigatron, CATScan, Apelinq.

I have a Transformers script - for a convention play - signed by the writer Simon Furman. I have an Optimus Prime autographed by Peter Cullen. Actually I have autographs from every Optimus voice actor except Garry Chalk. And my cousin Michelle but she'd kill me if I asked! :laugh: I'm not kidding, she did play Optimus Prime in an official script performance at a convention! I'm lucky to have survived that weekend, since I got her into it!

I also have some nice vintage Japanese figures. Overlord, Star Saber, Victory Leo.

Draconian Guppy

I have a few Botcon exclusives, mostly from the 3H days (`97-2004). My favorites are Transmetal Tigatron, CATScan, Apelinq.

I have a Transformers script - for a convention play - signed by the writer Simon Furman. I have an Optimus Prime autographed by Peter Cullen. Actually I have autographs from every Optimus voice actor except Garry Chalk. And my cousin Michelle but she'd kill me if I asked! :laugh: I'm not kidding, she did play Optimus Prime in an official script performance at a convention! I'm lucky to have survived that weekend, since I got her into it!

I also have some nice vintage Japanese figures. Overlord, Star Saber, Victory Leo.

Most of those I know, some  I don't :laugh: !

Do actually play with em?

Arachno 1D

Cool beans.......Im likin the Dinos in the first pic.Do you not have a display case for your best bits?

DConnell

Most of those I know, some  I don't :laugh: !

Do actually play with em?

Of course. No point in having them otherwise. Although my playing generally consists of posing them for display

Cool beans.......Im likin the Dinos in the first pic.Do you not have a display case for your best bits?

Not yet. I'm thinking of getting a display cabinet from IKEA.

DConnell

post-62779-0-24537900-1437014880.jpg

Assorted Grimlocks

post-62779-0-26471600-1437015056.jpg

My 2 favorite heroes

• Like 1
DConnell

post-62779-0-52710600-1437015268.jpg

"Such heroic nonsense!"

• Like 1
Arachno 1D

Maybe we should start calling you Fruit Loops :laugh: :laugh:

tumblr_mbehz4fhH71r1n4hto6_r1_250.gif

• Like 1
DConnell

post-62779-0-76858900-1437055726.jpg

• Like 2
DConnell
post-62779-0-64057900-1434161221.jpg

Autobot City, made from G1 Metroplex and Star Convoy, and a 3rd party Fortress Maximus. The population is a mix of small G1 figures, World's Smallest Transformers, Minicons and Kabaya model kits.

• Like 2
Draconian Guppy

AMazing! You should do time lapse!

Also, dude, where do you sleep/eat live, etc all your house is filled with bots! :laugh:

DConnell

AMazing! You should do time lapse!

Also, dude, where do you sleep/eat live, etc all your house is filled with bots! :laugh:

Well, all these displays aren't up at the same time. I have a large collection of TF pictures taken over time. I like to occasionally post them in threads on TFW2005.

• Like 1
Arachno 1D

He lives in a wardrobe hes a Robot

bcdb9e6cbf4bf9706002575c2103deec.png

• Like 4
DConnell

post-62779-0-29768600-1437075602.jpg

Legends class Optimus Prime with a 3rd party Ultra Magnus (Iron Factory City Commander)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Steven P.
      Day 3 of Amazon's 12 Days of Deals focuses on Toys
      by Steven Parker

Amazon kicked off its 12 Days of Deals on Sunday, 2 December which saw deals on mainly Home Improvement and Tools; yesterday you could get a great deal on some gaming hardware which we highlighted in our TechBargains article, and although those deals have now expired, other vendors covered in the article are still live.

Today Amazon is showcasing deals on toys, but luckily for us, the deals aren't limited to kids toys, you'll find other great deals such as a 3rd gen Amazon Echo Dot smart speaker for $29.99 (40% off) plus lots of other Amazon devices such as the Echo Look at 75% off for just $49.99 (list price $199.99).

Below is the full 12 Days of Deals at Amazon:

Sun, Dec 2 - Home Improvement and Tools Mon, Dec 3 - Gaming Tues, Dec 4 - Toys Wed, Dec 5 - PC Thurs, Dec 6 - Home Fri, Dec 7 - Fashion Sat, Dec 8 - Baby, Pets, and Camera Sun, Dec 9 - Beauty and Personal Care Mon, Dec 10 - Electronics Tues, Dec 11 - Kitchen Wed, Dec 12 - Furniture, Lawn, and Garden Thurs, Dec 13 - Sports and Outdoors The deals last until the end of the day today PST which is when the next batch of deals will go live, focusing on the PC. We'll be sure to keep an eye on those and post a few of the good ones here for you tomorrow.

Source: Amazon's 12 Days of Deals

• By Oscar S
      Teddy bear doctors finally have the AR tools they need with Parker the Bear
      by Richard Tyr Blewitt

Parker the Bear is a new teddy bear from a company called Seedling. It can be paired up with an iOS device, allowing it to simulate various functions using augmented reality (AR).

The bear itself has no batteries, no connectivity, and no cameras, so the AR is essentially run from the iOS device through the app. The bear does come with things like a miniature stethoscope and feeding spoon, the idea being that children will be able to scan Parker and examine its bones and body for ailments, for which they will be able to do various things to help with, like check its temperature, give it medicine, or feed it. The objective is for the child to be Parker's doctor and caretaker, while also learning by completing problems presented by the app.

The teddy bear has a 'Happiness Factor' which goes up when the bear is cured but also when the child does things like take pictures of the bear to hang up in the bear's AR world. The progress made through these actions and the raising of the Happiness Factor will result in new objects and activities being unlocked for the child to enjoy with Parker.

Parker is designed to teach basic biology, digital literacy, and critical thinking through some of the in-app problems but it also aims to nurture creativity by, for example, making the child design a bandage or create AR scenery for Parker's pictures.

AR and VR systems are already being used quite extensively in design, as well as for mature games like Fallout 4, but here Seedling has managed to very neatly pair up a Victorian-era children's toy with one of the most recent technological innovations. The product is listed at $59.95 on the Apple Store; it will be interesting to see if Parker makes a significant impact on the age-old children's past time of playing doctor as well as on the life expectancy of teddy bears in general.

Source: Apple

• By Rich Woods
      CES 2017: Need some smart sex toys to track your orgasms? OhMiBod has you covered
      by Rich Woods

We've all had that moment. You're walking through your local sex toy shop and you see something that piques your interest, only to learn that it doesn't have any kind of CPU or Bluetooth radio inside of it, immediately moving it from the 'that looks fantastic' category to the 'only a savage would use that' category.

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing OhMiBod, which was showing off its line of smart sex toys and introducing a new SDK at CES 2017.

One of the items is the Lovelife Krush. Kegel exercises are something that women can do to work on their PC muscle, which can become stretched after giving birth. According to OhMiBod, many women do these exercises improperly, so there's clearly room for technology here.

Lovelife Krush The Lovelife Krush costs $149 and like all of the company's other products, you can purchase it from its website.

Another one that OhMiBod was showing off was the Lovelife Please. Basically, it's a wearable vibrator that can be controlled by your - or your partner's - smartphone. The app even includes a dashboard to track your orgasms. After all, it's so 2016 to use a power button on your vibrator, and besides, sex toys are pretty much useless if you don't have a historical record of your orgasms.

Lovelife Please But those are just two of a whole suite of sex toys that the company offers. Check out the gallery below for more of what OhMiBod had on display, or if you're interested, check out its website.

Neowin is at CES to bring you all the coverage from the show floor, click here for other articles.

• By DocM
      The AT&T Optimus G Pro contract was up, and a new franchise AT&T store (not  company owned) opened nearby offering grand opening promos beyond what AT&T offered for an AT&T Next upgrade. The independent wireless store competition here is pretty cutthroat.
      We also live in a Wi-Fi heaven with so many hotspots that the data plan use is always under 1 gig, me being the big mobile data user, so paying for a legacy shared 3 gig plan with no rollover was getting silly. Switched to a significantly cheaper 2 year 1 gig shared plan with rollover, and got credit for last months leftover data. 
      Traded in the (properly wiped) Optimus G Pro and got $200 of in-store purchase credits, a 3G + 32G G4, a bundled LG G Pad F 1G + 16G tablet (new model) and then proceeded to get a keyboard folio for the G Pad F and some Boombot Rex ruggedized/speakerphone Bluetooth speakers (new version.) Still have credits left over. Stuck 128G SD's we had in both and they were good to go. Both run Lollipop and received OTA upgrades almost immediately.
      The G Pad F is an 8" Snapdragon 400 quad so it's not the fanciest tablet out there, but it's responsive, has a clean display, a 4,200 mAh battery and has both a micro and a full size USB. That full size USB has already come in handy.
      Had to pay the sales taxes on everything but that's it, and after the plan change etc. the bill went up a huge $3/mo. Big woof.

• By Hum
      I got a wireless color printer, $$$ money, black shirt.

And I built myself a cool new desktop PC.

Cooler Master mid-tower case
      750 watt modular Power Supply
      Asus Sabertooth 990 FX motherboard
      AMD FX 8350 8-core cpu
      Radeon graphics card
      16 gig Kingston RAM
      Windows 10