WP_20151113_09_09_18_Pro.thumb.jpg.5d08f

Classics Rodimus wearing the 3rd party Fansproject Warbot Protector armor, designed to upgrade him to Rodimus Prime. The armor combines with the gun station to his left to become a trailer to give him the classic "flaming Winnebago" altmode. To his right is Combiner Wars Rodimus, holding "Blesser", a Targetmaster designed to go with Protector. This particular version is an exclusive, offered to those who donated to hurricane relief a few years back.

WP_20151113_09_10_28_Pro.thumb.jpg.8c097

Protector/Rodimus Prime manning his gun platform. There's also a seat for the targetmaster to operate it.

WP_20140531_12_34_26_Pro.thumb.jpg.210e4

Generations Metroplex, holding a N scale SEPTA trolley. His hands are 3rd party 3D printed replacements, which not only have improved articulation over the stock ones, but also transform.

WP_20140830_22_43_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.f7dd2

AOE Battle Command Optimus Prime with his team. The trailer, in addition to transporting vehicles, becomes a flight pack for Prime

WP_20140124_1.thumb.jpg.3b4271c2f559f2f7

G1 Bumblebee about to be executed by Prime Bee and Movie Bee. I have no idea why . . .

WP_20140707_17_07_18_Pro.thumb.jpg.ed30f

Bee: "I don't know you."

Nice. I have an original, complete with "drunken lurching" functionality intact (can't really call it walking :laugh: ). All he needs is some Reprolabels to spruce him up. There's a nice upgrade set, similar to the one for G1 Metroplex you can see in some of the Autobot City shots.

WP_20151104_11_06_38_Pro.thumb.jpg.9f52f

Ginrai in truck mode.

Can you please post a pic of that black truck without that red truck? I was wondering what that black one looks like with the rest of its body.

Great pics in this thread, BTW.

WP_20140531_12_34_26_Pro.thumb.jpg.210e4

Generations Metroplex, holding a N scale SEPTA trolley. His hands are 3rd party 3D printed replacements, which not only have improved articulation over the stock ones, but also transform.

Mind me asking where did you get the hands? I have the same unit, and the hands are indeed a bit "stiff".

Mind me asking where did you get the hands? I have the same unit, and the hands are indeed a bit "stiff".

I ordered them from a guy with the handle MegaMoonMan on the TFW2005 forums. Your best bet is to create an account on that site and send him a personal message.

He 3D prints upgrades and replacement parts for a variety of figures. For Metroplex he also made ramp extensions (so the ramp actually reaches the ground!) and replacement knee joints to improve the city mode. Basically, the add-ons make Generations Metroplex more like the G1 toy. The parts have a slightly rough texture to them due to the printing process and his equipment, but they're durable and look great. I had some difficulty getting the new hands on, though!

The parts have a slightly rough texture to them due to the printing process and his equipment, but they're durable and look great. I had some difficulty getting the new hands on, though!

Yeah that's the down-side of the more affordable 3D printers. The "fill-in" value is what reduces it but takes drastically longer to complete the print (not to mention also possibly clogging the filiment delivery nozzle). With yours though, the process has left a textured affect that I would be more than happy with as it seems to fit very well with the overall design.

Yeah that's the down-side of the more affordable 3D printers. The "fill-in" value is what reduces it but takes drastically longer to complete the print (not to mention also possibly clogging the filiment delivery nozzle). With yours though, the process has left a textured affect that I would be more than happy with as it seems to fit very well with the overall design.

The texture on the hands actually helps Metroplex grip things - that trolley was secure in his grasp.

WP_20151118_09_26_40_Pro.thumb.jpg.a94d7

G1 "KMart Legends" Bumblebee. Larger and a bit more advanced transformation than the original Microman-based figure. A pity he has Cliffjumper's head rather than his own. Payback for all of the "Cliffjumpers" which are actually red Bumblebees we get nowadays, I guess.

WP_20151118_09_30_07_Pro.thumb.jpg.a43c0

Beetle mode. More realistic proportions than the original, since this one wasn't modeled after a Penny Racer. The headlights are hand-painted, as is the bumper (which needs touching up.)

• 2 weeks later...