Speed test your connection

That speed test site is a bit crap, shows my speed as a lot slower. I download at around 700KB/sec and upload at about 105KB/sec

• 3 weeks later...
The thing that ****es me off the most about UK ISPs is the fact that we, unlike the rest of teh world, cannot get decent upload speeds. I fail to understand why, if we can get high speed cable internet, we can't get an upload of above ~1Mb. Hmph...

Agreed, I couldn?t really care less if Virgin Media plan to roll out 50mbit... I would sooner settle for 25mbit / 25mbit or even keep the current 20mbit and crank the upload up to 10 or 20mbit.

Ive had cable internet since 2001 and in that time the download has gone from 60kb to 20,000kb, yet upload speed has gone from 15kb to 90kb... who knows by 2010 we might finally break the 1mbit upload barrie:o:o

I should move in to some posh flats, they can get 25mbit up and down, it?s ?50 but realistically i would be more than happy with the 10mbit package on there for ?25 - http://www.ask4.com/residential/availability/victoriamills/

I'll post another result when I'm not sharing wireless with my wife and my server isn't downloading a whole bunch of crap, but here's what I got a minute ago.

Download Speed: 10099 kbps (1262.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 893 kbps (111.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

• 1 month later...

Download Speed: 5000 kbps (625 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 491 kbps (61.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

• 10 months later...