Speed test your connection

Download Speed: 7330 kbps (916.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 665 kbps (83.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

900968906.png21465831.png

Don't know where my speed boost came from, I think TalkTalk put a telephone exchange about a mile away from me...PS3 reports 1.3MBps upload and 15.7MBps download.

900978870.png21466424.png

Currently Charter Internet - Offers the occasional Speedboost to about 20mb but not at the moment I tested it. Paying for 16mb connection so getting what I pay for. The 2Mb up is good for sending files to my web sites. :)

Speed Test and test your connection speed! By measuring the download and upload rate from the following locations you are able to accurately judge your current line throughput or internet connection speed.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Is that still useful in those modern days?

Download Speed: 642 kbps (80.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 239 kbps (29.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

And paying 39.95 for it...

Download Speed: 4102 kbps (512.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 462 kbps (57.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

OptusNet Cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Download Speed: 1299 kbps (162.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 90 kbps (11.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Australia (Telstra BigPond) - Yeah I know I'm asking for it :p there are cheaper ISPs in my area but Telstra runs all the infrastructure and exchanges. We were with another one for abit but got jack of been screwed around, Telstra is ironically better (since whenever there was a line problem, the ISP had to contact Telstra to fix it and of cause Telstra took their sweet time since we were not their customer).

EDIT: What I got is about the fastest you can get in my area and paying a fortune for it too. If you live in the city you can get relatively cheap and fast connections....but further out in the sticks you get royally screwed over!!

Speakeasy:

Download Speed: 20599 kbps (2574.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 658 kbps (82.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

RoadRunner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I left Time Warner due to horrible line quality issues and up and down speeds, I went with AT&T and I only get 3Mbps down and 384Kbps up but I have no packet loss, ping or jitter issues on my line whatsoever plus I am saving myself around $50/month. So here are my stats for now... (note I was getting over 60% packet loss with time warner)

981476491.png25582363.png

• 2 weeks later...

My speed test not very good, but i average about 16.9.......... its weird how its not very consistant.

I have 3 pC's connected to the internet.

post-355570-12878815548907.png