Ubuntu 16.04 Design concept

The last company that got serious about using HTML was Microsoft (and Active Desktop way back with 9x and NT4) - and they got severely whacked for it simply because it was different.  Even though there are a lot of leftovers of the original AD effort still in Windows today (the use of JPG  as the wallpaper default is one of them), complacency is even more of a watchword with Linux distributions than it is with even Windows.

This is the problem with Microsoft, they are damn way ahead with ideas sometimes, back before 2000 they introduced the Microsoft Reader app for the desktop and started selling books online, and it was a total failure, the idea is nice, just 10 years ahead, 10 years later Amazon is making money from it.

The same with the tablet, I had a Windows XP tablet PC, many years latter came the iPad, the same with other products

Microsoft Did not Implement the Active Desktop as it should, and then deleted it, it does not mean that it is bad idea, it is just 15 years ahead, and never coded as it should

Html 5 is lightweight, it works on phones, the entire User Interface can be Html 5

and there are no Linux nor Chrome OS destitutions supporting that idea

This could easily be done in Gnome with some tweaks and extensions. Dash to dock extension obviously. Possibly a new extension would need to be written for a similar dash. (Unless there is one already. Think I've seen something like it.) The notification menus etc would also need to be modified by extensions. The rest is just plain and simple CSS.

Yes, probably but if I use Unity I can change the icons smaller than 64x64, and easily change start-up applications, unlike in Gnome 3.16.

Is 16.04 going to support the new Linux File System?

This just looks awesome. I'm wanting to run Linux more and more. Maybe thats what I'll do with my old system.

Did you get your new system yet?

As a piece of design, very nice. As an actual thing to sit at and use on a day to day basis, i guess we'll never find out but yeah, very pretty.

Did you get your new system yet?

No, ran into a few problems. These things called Bills keep popping up. I swear the Lords in the Sky don't want me to get a new one :( I changed the case too, 780T now.