Solus OS boots in 1.2 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSHKXdUNgc

Can't complain about boot time :p

Keep in mind windows boots faster since windows 8 because of some pagefile tricks, a full restart makes my system boot slower(3.8 sec).

that's just the boot till login screen.

grabbed the daily from another mirror and its working fine now

take around 5 second to boot

thats on a full sata 3 SSD, i5 CPU and 8gb ram

1.2 seconds  my ass lol

You're doing it wrong. :p

that's just the boot till login screen.

It is post-BIOS to desktop which is the boot speed. Normal measures do not include POST times because that is not something the OS can control at all.

God damn! How much was that laptop though?

Just a normal zenbook pro (1750 eur) which had the sata ssd replaced with a pcie ssd from samsung(same as on the model that has pcie ssd built in from the start).

+Seashorsepip Windows boots faster because it truly isnt shut down, its doing a hybrid-shutdown. Try using shift+shut down to actually shut the machine off. Now try booting and see what the time is that it takes.

+Seashorsepip Windows boots faster because it truly isnt shut down, its doing a hybrid-shutdown. Try using shift+shut down to actually shut the machine off. Now try booting and see what the time is that it takes.

Er, thought this was said (and shared) already? https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1271510-solus-os-boots-in-12-seconds/?do=findComment&comment=597021760

I already noted the non hybrid shutdown time: 3.8s

Guys, this is not a "boot time contest". While I can understand that the 1.2 seconds boot time can (maybe) be achieved in "lab" conditions (like cars fuel consumption, for example), I do see a big difference compared to other distros and Windows, in my case. So, for me, it's a big improvement. Obviously, for someone with a really high-end system, the difference will be tiny, but that's not the point. This distro has about the same number of applications (if not more) than elementary OS, and yet its boot time is way lower than eOS's. THAT is the point. A lightweight distro vs. another lightweight distro, on the same hardware, with so much difference in boot time.

Booting to "live cd" from a USB2 stick was < 3 seconds, i expect it will be more when its installed. The UI wasn't too bad either, something to think about when windows goes subscription only.

Booting to "live cd" from a USB2 stick was < 3 seconds, i expect it will be more when its installed. The UI wasn't too bad either, something to think about when windows goes subscription only.

It won't.