vanx

As per screenshot below, my avatar is not shown right away when posting a comment to a news article on the main site. On page reload, it does display properly though. I would have thought, since the image is already there -- next to the editor box -- can't you just grab it to save having to pull it for every comment (if that's the concern)?

UQu0mBp.jpg 

• 3 weeks later...
vanx

Not a peep and not fixed yet either. Not a major bug, but not a pleasant experience either.

+warwagon

Mine hasn't shown up since the upgrade on the comment section on the front page.

Barney T.

Not a peep and not fixed yet either. Not a major bug, but not a pleasant experience either.

There are lots of little bugs that have popped up after the forum upgrade. The Devs are working to take care of them one by one. I realize that it is annoying but we are working to make all of our user experiences a good one. Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 1
FiB3R

There are lots of little bugs that have popped up after the forum upgrade. The Devs are working to take care of them one by one. I realize that it is annoying but we are working to make all of our user experiences a good one. Thanks for letting us know.

Though it's obvious, it's nice to be reminded of that. That's why I haven't bothered making threads, don't want to be a nag.

But while I'm here :p ... I will cheekily add that trying to create / edit posts with windows phone 8.1 is a truly horrific experience. Start trying to c&p, or move the cursor to a new location and you are in for a whole world of pain.

• Like 1
vanx

Thank you. Unfortunately, without knowing the list of bugs being worked on, it's a bit of a tussle: do you stay quiet and hope they already know or do you create a thread only to find out that they are aware and it's on the list? Personally, I see no harm in creating a thread, even if for the sake of a confirmation.

• Like 1
+E.Worm Jimmy

Though it's obvious, it's nice to be reminded of that. That's why I haven't bothered making threads, don't want to be a nag.

But while I'm here :p ... I will cheekily add that trying to create / edit posts with windows phone 8.1 is a truly horrific experience. Start trying to c&p, or move the cursor to a new location and you are in for a whole world of pain.

making replys on android phone is just horrible too.   really really bad.  formatting just does not seem to work as expected.  
also, for some reason the response time is terrible too, text appears slowly, much later then i actually typed it.

moving the cursor as an exercise in patience, that i failed repeatedly.
:angry:

i have no idea why, or how can it possibly be so ####### bad. :(

Barney T.

Thank you. Unfortunately, without knowing the list of bugs being worked on, it's a bit of a tussle: do you stay quiet and hope they already know or do you create a thread only to find out that they are aware and it's on the list? Personally, I see no harm in creating a thread, even if for the sake of a confirmation.

I understand. I, unfortunately do not have a hand in fixing them, nor do I know the full list, as new ones seem to crop up each day. When some get fixed, other new ones get reported. It seems like we are playing a game of "whack-a-mole". All that I can offer to you is that we are not sitting on our hands, but are working to correct the bugs as we find them. And, we appreciate you guys telling us. It is a tremendous help! :)

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
vanx

This is still a bug, but I would like to know if it's something that will be nuked in the comments re-write that Dave Legg spoke about a while ago.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Namerah S
      YouTube is going to disable comments on all content featuring minors
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

Recently YouTube has been making a lot of changes to reflect public concerns such as the exploitation of minors, exposure to sexual predators, and spreading incorrect or harmful information such as anti-vaccine theories and flat-earth conspiracies. Apart from reviewing and subsequently deleting countless inappropriate comments and accounts on videos featuring minors last Friday, the video-sharing platform also disclosed plans to disable comments temporarily on thousands of such clips and demonetize them. Today the video-based social media giant announced several new policies that will be implemented in order to further protect underage persons from pedophilic abuse on the platform.

One of the steps taken by YouTube in the latest update to its child safety initiative includes blocking the comment section for good on all videos that show younger as well as older minors. Only a select few creators will be allowed to enable comments on their content, subject to the condition that they monitor and moderate the comment section themselves in addition to the pre-existing tools already provided by the platform and "demonstrate a low risk of predatory behavior" as a measure of safety and protection for the children.

YouTube is also planning on launching a new comments classifier which will essentially do what the company has been doing itself as well as urging other members of the community to do: scrutinize comments across the platform to search, locate, report and finally remove comments that are inappropriately sexual or predatory in nature. Apparently, the new classifier is twice as better as the previous one, and will not alter the monetization of content in any way.

The third and final point made in the blog post was an appeal to the viewers as well as the creators of content on the video-sharing platform, encouraging them to actively participate in protecting underage children by flagging any harmful or dangerous comments, videos or channels that violate YouTube's child safety regulations.

Source: YouTube

• By Jay Bonggolto
      You can now send someone an app or avatar as a gift through Microsoft Store
      by Jay Bonggolto

In May, Microsoft launched game gifting on PCs through the Store, with a promise that it would expand the digital gifting feature to include PC and Xbox apps in the future. Today, the software giant announced that app and avatar item gifting is now possible in the Microsoft Store.

To get started with the feature, go to the Store on your Windows 10 PC, Xbox console or via a browser and then select the product that you would like to buy as a gift. After that, enter the email address of the recipient or pick a Gamertag of your Xbox Live friends on the console. This will send a product code to the gift recipient on Windows or a system message with a redemption button on Xbox One.

It's important to note, however, that you can only buy two of the same discounted product and up to 10 discounted products every two weeks. Gift purchases at full price, nonetheless, have no restrictions.

Additionally, the program still does not include gifting of Xbox 360 and Xbox original games, Xbox original avatar items, pre-orders, free products, and consumable downloadable game content. Also, you won't be able to time the delivery of the gift for a specific date and time. Another limitation is that gift tokens can only be redeemed in the country or region where they were purchased.

The expanded digital gifting starts today for many apps and avatars and more items will be available for gifting on October 23.

• By Usama Jawad96
      EA's excuse for paywalls in Battlefront II is Reddit's most hated comment
      by Usama Jawad

Everybody hates loot boxes and paywalls, especially in premium games. One such example is EA's Star Wars: Battlefront II, currently in beta and set to launch on November 17. While the game finally offers a single-player campaign mode, unlike its 2015 predecessor, it also features a seemingly pay-to-win microtransactions model with a grinding and unrewarding progression system.

While EA made some changes to the gameplay, it appears that gamers still aren't happy. Now, the company's contrived excuse for Battlefront II's gameplay mechanics has become the most downvoted comment in Reddit's history.

Reddit user "MBMMaverick" recently posted about how it was strange that the franchise's iconic character Darth Vader was locked behind a paywall in a premium game. To this, EA's official response was:

Needless to say, the response has gathered a lot of criticism from gamers, with many claiming that they'll be reaching out for a refund. While EA hasn't responded again since, its original comment has already managed to gather over 398,000 downvotes in the past 23 hours - and the number is only rising - crowning it as the most downvoted comment in Reddit's history. According to this list, the second position is held by a comment that sports a miserly 24,000 downvotes.

As of now, it remains to be seen if EA will revert its position after this latest onslaught of criticism, but we'll likely find out more when Star Wars: Battlefront II launches in a few days.

Source: Reddit via Kotaku

Be sure to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter for the latest gaming news and updates!

• By vanx
      I may be tardy to the party with this one, but it seems that the ability to preview things -- like replies, new threads -- before posting has been removed completely. Previously, it was possible to go advanced in the quick reply box and preview what a thread's first post would look like. I don't know about others, but I miss that. Now, it's what you see is what you get: post and then edit if you need to.
    • By vanx
      Unless I am missing something, there does not seem to be a way to report an issue with an article (typo, error of another kind, etc) when browsing the site main site on mobile. With the desktop theme, there is a "warning" triangle in the bottom right between the story and comments, but I can't find anything similar on mobile.
      Am I bad at searching or it just isn't there?