New camera recommendations

Hey guys i currently have a regular point and shoot sony dsc-wx9 looking to upgrade it to either a mirror less or bridge. Have budget between $300 & $400 max.

Will use it for vacation shots, regular family pics and ocational motor sports events.

I dont mind open box or very lightly used deals.

I have been looking at the sony a3000

$0.02 appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

depends on what you intend to do. A Canon 5D MarkIII or Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) 36 MP and top of the line now for DSLR's.

Or an entry level Canon Rebel system or Nikon system. I would lean on recommending a full frame sensor system like 5D MarkII which should be a lot less than the MarkIII. But full frame sensor DSLR's give you a large range of abilities to print pictures up to 60inches x40inches minimum. 

Canon 5D MarkII

Canon 5D MarkIII

APS-C systems, smaller sensors and smaller print abilities

Canon SLI1 package deal

Canon EOS Rebel T5 18MP

best wishes in your search, my mentors taught me one thing: a Camera doesn't make the photographer, you do. read books, and when you meet pro photographers, pick their brains.. that's how i got to be where I am. and practice, practise and practise.

Chris J 1968

• 3 weeks later...

depends on what you intend to do. A Canon 5D MarkIII or Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) 36 MP and top of the line now for DSLR's.

Or an entry level Canon Rebel system or Nikon system. I would lean on recommending a full frame sensor system like 5D MarkII which should be a lot less than the MarkIII. But full frame sensor DSLR's give you a large range of abilities to print pictures up to 60inches x40inches minimum. 

Canon 5D MarkII

Canon 5D MarkIII

APS-C systems, smaller sensors and smaller print abilities

Canon SLI1 package deal

Canon EOS Rebel T5 18MP

best wishes in your search, my mentors taught me one thing: a Camera doesn't make the photographer, you do. read books, and when you meet pro photographers, pick their brains.. that's how i got to be where I am. and practice, practise and practise.

Chris J 1968

Those cameras are too much for OP's budget..

OP, So here it is:

http://www.switchbacktravel.com/best-cameras-under-500

Those cameras are too much for OP's budget..

OP, So here it is:

http://www.switchbacktravel.com/best-cameras-under-500

oh that's fine. I was just giving you some ballpark ideas. I had to use my disability backpay to spring the for 5dmarkII. though my wife thought after all the surgeries, which makes her a wife of women, she thought I went through hell and I got the 5DMarkII and still had thousands left over. But a friend photographer told me  the camera doesn't make the photographer.

oh that's fine. I was just giving you some ballpark ideas. I had to use my disability backpay to spring the for 5dmarkII. though my wife thought after all the surgeries, which makes her a wife of women, she thought I went through hell and I got the 5DMarkII and still had thousands left over. But a friend photographer told me  the camera doesn't make the photographer.

No problem.

well the op never returned :laugh: 

Yeah because the thread had no replies for a month before we replied to the thread.

OP had been waiting so long so I guess he/she gave up.  :laugh:

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-x-18-55mm-Black-Discontinued/dp/B002OEBTC8

This is one I bought about 6 years ago (paid $650 then) and I still use it from time to time. Takes beautiful pictures. 

It would be an nice but inexpensive upgrade to what you have now.