Login Bugs?

• 3 weeks later...

My curiosity has not gone away...when using password managers, they often autofill the login credentials for you and log you in automatically. Having to then jump through another page just seems redundant and "it should not be this way".

sometimes it goes through.  sometimes it takes you to login page...

sometimes it works.. sometimes you click login again to go through..

It's buggy.

We wish that they didn't upgrade because there are so many bugs in it. 

We will see how it goes when they upgrade to 4.1... maybe bugs are gone or not. Who knows.

• 4 weeks later...

I still would like to know why it has to be this way.

Because there are bugs, and bugs, and more bugs.

The forum upgrade was a bad one, and the bugs are not being fixed, either because nobody wants to, or cannot. 

The forum upgrade was a bad one, and the bugs are not being fixed, either because nobody wants to, or cannot. 

No such thing as unfixable bugs. If something was created through code, it can be undone through code.

Yes, the upgrade was not good, however, you are incorrect in your comment above.  Steve posted about it HERE. Slamming staff for issues because "we do not care" is far from the truth.

Yes, the upgrade was not good, however, you are incorrect in your comment above.  Steve posted about it HERE. Slamming staff for issues because "we do not care" is far from the truth.

It's one or the other. The staff doesn't want to OR cannot fix it. 

Its a very black and white situation.

I would also appreciate you not putting words in my mouth. I said nothing of caring.  

You shouldn't answer to obvious trolls, it encourages them 

Vanx - while you're at it - why dont you list out all of your grievances about every topic and situation, and then tell us the reason for those issues - and how the world spins just for you. ;)

I am saying that staff do care so it is not one or the other. We are fixing issues because we care. We are awaiting further upgrades to help with coding errors that our developers can't fix. There is no uncaring here by staff. And there is no twisting of words. 

I am saying that staff do care so it is not one or the other. We are fixing issues because we care. We are awaiting further upgrades to help with coding errors that our developers can't fix. There is no uncaring here by staff.

That's all fine and dandy but I said nothing of caring one way or another, you did. 

Again, it was an -or- comment and you confirmed the cause is that they cannot fix  it instead of them not wanting to, at least at this time. 

You changing what I said changed the whole meaning of my original comment. Now I have people calling me a troll.  Thanks!

I refer everyone in this thread to Steve's posted statement HERE. Further updates and fixes are posted when they are made. While it is frustrating for our members, we work hard to fix issues as we see them. Thanks for everyone's understanding. (Y)

No such thing as unfixable bugs. If something was created through code, it can be undone through code.

I never said it was unfixable. I swear, several have misinterpreted my post in here and didn't actually read what I said with any comprehension. 

Am I am still curious as long as the answer is different to "it is how it is, just because how it is".

The answer is that they don't have a clue how to develop a website.  It's amateur hour here at Neowin.  The site is full of bugs and bad design decisions.  The front page articles are written by people who barely speak English.  The mods make decisions based on a whim. 

The only thing they seem to be any good at is making excuses and pretending that none of it is their fault.

• Like 2

Vanx - while you're at it - why dont you list out all of your grievances about every topic and situation, and then tell us the reason for those issues - and how the world spins just for you. ;)

I see no issue with enquiring about a specific topic or matter. If you happen to have an issue with that, you are free to ignore the thread.

I refer everyone in this thread to Steve's posted statement HERE. Further updates and fixes are posted when they are made. While it is frustrating for our members, we work hard to fix issues as we see them. Thanks for everyone's understanding. (Y)

While you may refer us there, I have not read anything in that thread about this specific issue. While it is good to know that you guys are aware that there are problems, it would be good to know your responses on specific issues that exist now whether they will be fixed with that upgrade or after.

I never said it was unfixable. I swear, several have misinterpreted my post in here and didn't actually read what I said with any comprehension. 

I never said that you said it was unfixable. I made a general statement that code can always be changed. Whether there are people who know how to or not is another matter (nod to your "cannot" remark).

• Like 2

To speak for the development team, we are putting our time into testing the upgrade to 4.1, which we are planning to roll out in about a week and a half's time, and ensuring that the upgrade process to 4.1 will go smoothly, I think (hope) all will agree that ensuring that upgrade doesn't have the issues of the current one is a more effective use of our time than fixing issues with the site under 4.0, which may well go away themselves just by upgrading to 4.1

To speak for the development team, we are putting our time into testing the upgrade to 4.1, which we are planning to roll out in about a week and a half's time, and ensuring that the upgrade process to 4.1 will go smoothly, I think (hope) all will agree that ensuring that upgrade doesn't have the issues of the current one is a more effective use of our time than fixing issues with the site under 4.0, which may well go away themselves just by upgrading to 4.1

Are you doing the same level of testing you did for the 4.0 upgrade?

You NEED to invite the entire member base to test as well. It would appear you didn't have enough testers last time. Too many things were overlooked. 

You NEED to invite the entire member base to test as well. It would appear you didn't have enough testers last time. Too many things were overlooked. 

Actually, they force the entire member base to test.  The only problem is they do it after they've upgraded the production site.