Best Android Phone?

What is the best Android phone that is available for purchase right now for you? I'm going to get a new phone soon. I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I remember when it came out and everyone was freaking out over it because it was the "best" phone at that time.

I'm looking for a phone that's fast, nice looking/sleek, and has a good battery life. I was thinking about the Nexus'.

Edited by Royalty

If you have a GN4, why are you already switching? Best is subjective, because everyone has different needs... 

You're right. Best for you I guess. Edited OP.

To be honest, I'm not sure. There are definitely better phones out there and I'm very interested in trying new things... unless you can convince me to stay with my GN4. ;)

You're right. Best for you I guess. Edited OP.

To be honest, I'm not sure. There are definitely better phones out there and I'm very interested in trying new things... unless you can convince me to stay with my GN4. ;)

What's the edit? It looks the same :p Of course there will always be a better phone after you buy yours...Again best is subjective. What are you looking for? A good camera, or a phone with good battery life? Or a good display? My definition of best isn't going to fit yours. When you define your requirements, we can help you better...

I can't convince you to stick with the GN4 - personally it's not a phone for me. Samsung makes beautiful hardware, only to be absolutely mutilated by its horrendous software. 

What's the edit? It looks the same :p Of course there will always be a better phone after you buy yours...Again best is subjective. What are you looking for? A good camera, or a phone with good battery life? Or a good display? My definition of best isn't going to fit yours. When you define your requirements, we can help you better...

I can't convince you to stick with the GN4 - personally it's not a phone for me. Samsung makes beautiful hardware, only to be absolutely mutilated by its horrendous software. 

I edited the OP with "for you" lol.

I'm looking for a phone that's fast, nice looking/sleek, and has a good battery life. I was thinking about the Nexus'.

I edited the OP with "for you" lol.

For me, I want a phone with excellent battery life. These phones have gotten so fast, and so good. I'm actually using a Moto G 2015 as my daily driver. This is by far the cheapest phone I have owned off-contract, but it is by far one of my favorite Android phones I've ever used (which is quite a big list). The Moto G is "my best" simply because I can get 6-9 hours of screen on time with ease. I've used flagship devices all my life, and this device is quite powerful for my needs. I honestly don't do anything resource intensive on phones anymore - text/email/web browsing. The Snapdragon 410 paired with 2 GB of RAM is more than enough horsepower. It's not a perfect phone - I wish it had better display quality, a better camera, NFC/quick charging. But for $219, I can overlook all the negative aspects.

There is no perfect phone out there yet. For me, that would be taking a GS6 without the Touchwiz bloatware, and replacing the battery from the S6 Active, and having a microSD card slot. I'm waiting for reviews for the Nexus 6P. Not in any rush to replace the Moto G, but the Nexus 6P is pretty tempting. 

For me, I want a phone with excellent battery life. These phones have gotten so fast, and so good. I'm actually using a Moto G 2015 as my daily driver. This is by far the cheapest phone I have owned off-contract, but it is by far one of my favorite Android phones I've ever used (which is quite a big list). The Moto G is "my best" simply because I can get 6-9 hours of screen on time with ease. I've used flagship devices all my life, and this device is quite powerful for my needs. I honestly don't do anything resource intensive on phones anymore - text/email/web browsing. The Snapdragon 410 paired with 2 GB of RAM is more than enough horsepower. It's not a perfect phone - I wish it had better display quality, a better camera, NFC/quick charging. But for $219, I can overlook all the negative aspects.

There is no perfect phone out there yet. For me, that would be taking a GS6 without the Touchwiz bloatware, and replacing the battery from the S6 Active, and having a microSD card slot. I'm waiting for reviews for the Nexus 6P. Not in any rush to replace the Moto G, but the Nexus 6P is pretty tempting. 

Exactly what I was thinking as well. I'm thinking about the NexusP. I heard it was made by Huawei?

2nd Vote for the moto g, I have a 4g version, it may not be the fastest or have the most ram, (Hell, I've even called it a dumbed down version of the SGS3 with a downgraded camera) but it is a nice all rounder for it's price point

Exactly what I was thinking as well. I'm thinking about the NexusP. I heard it was made by Huawei?

Yep, the Nexus 6P is made by Huawei. The Nexus 5X is made by LG. Both should be great phones, but I'd wait for final reviews before you buy. It seems like you always sacrifice something with a Nexus phone. 

2nd Vote for the moto g, I have a 4g version, it may not be the fastest or have the most ram, (Hell, I've even called it a dumbed down version of the SGS3 with a downgraded camera) but it is a nice all rounder for it's price point

Yeah, for the price, the Moto G is a great phone. However, if you're looking for a flagship, then Moto G is out. The new Moto X Style & Play models look nice - the Style being the flagship, and the Play being the mid-tier phone w/ a big battery. 

Yep, the Nexus 6P is made by Huawei. The Nexus 5X is made by LG. Both should be great phones, but I'd wait for final reviews before you buy. It seems like you always sacrifice something with a Nexus phone. 

Yeah, for the price, the Moto G is a great phone. However, if you're looking for a flagship, then Moto G is out. The new Moto X Style & Play models look nice - the Style being the flagship, and the Play being the mid-tier phone w/ a big battery. 

I'm into phablets. That's why I have the Note 4. Which is bigger and which is faster? The Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P.

Personally, the thought of having a finger print reader makes me happy. I have the LG G3 running CM12.1.1 and it's great but I must have v1.0 so every few weeks it goes black and I have to pull the battery and turn it back on.

Personally, the thought of having a finger print reader makes me happy. I have the LG G3 running CM12.1.1 and it's great but I must have v1.0 so every few weeks it goes black and I have to pull the battery and turn it back on.

Samsung's finger print scanner sucks. It's so sensitive. Now that's one good thing about the iPhone.

I'm into phablets. That's why I have the Note 4. Which is bigger and which is faster? The Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P.

The Nexus 6P is the bigger phone out of the two new Nexus models. The 5X is supposed to be a successor to the original Nexus 5. Here's a size comparison between 5X, 6P and Note 4: Linky

I'm looking for a phone that's fast, nice looking/sleek, and has a good battery life.

I'm into phablets.

Based off the above I would recommend you buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 4

You've given no argument why you don't just stay, but here's one - $ 

That's a loaded question without the specifics needed to answer it. Do you want stock Android, or do you not mind OEM bloatware? Do you want removable storage? The "best" one is going to be whatever fits your hardware requirements, but you haven't given us any.

• Like 1

Based off the above I would recommend you buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 4

You've given no argument why you don't just stay, but here's one - $ 

Please look above. I already have the Note 4. :)

That's a loaded question without the specifics needed to answer it. Do you want stock Android, or do you not mind OEM bloatware? Do you want removable storage? The "best" one is going to be whatever fits your hardware requirements, but you haven't given us any.

Yeah, sorry. How about the biggest and fastest phone out there?

I do a lot of business and I'm going to need something that can handle that kind of work.

Yeah, sorry. How about the biggest and fastest phone out there?

I do a lot of business and I'm going to need something that can handle that kind of work.

I think you still don't know what you want. Biggest phone? You can get phones with 7" display size. Do you really want that? Fastest phone? Again wrong question to ask, it depends on so many factors. Why don't you think about what you want before asking for the "best" phone...You won't notice a tremendous difference between your Note 4 and the latest flagships out there. Honestly, the person asking your type of questions is just best suited for an iPhone 6 Plus.

• Like 1

I think you still don't know what you want. Biggest phone? You can get phones with 7" display size. Do you really want that? Fastest phone? Again wrong question to ask, it depends on so many factors. Why don't you think about what you want before asking for the "best" phone...You won't notice a tremendous difference between your Note 4 and the latest flagships out there. Honestly, the person asking your type of questions is just best suited for an iPhone 6 Plus.

Sorry, how about something like the Note 4 but not another Samsung phone?

Okay. I fell into the trap... again. I bought an iPhone 6 Plus and I still have my Note 4. I'm thinking about getting the Nexus 6P when it comes out. :)

Okay. I fell into the trap... again. I bought an iPhone 6 Plus and I still have my Note 4. I'm thinking about getting the Nexus 6P when it comes out. :)

Came here asking for what is the best phone, which is impossible for some one else to tell you, and within 3 days "fell into the trap, again" and bought an iPhone 6 Plus and are now already thinking about getting the Nexus 6P?

Holy crap, make my mind up!! Doesn't sound like even you know what you want? ;)