Sweet Irony...

Hey...

This post has no particular use, it's more just to share some things with you guys...

I was playing on a US Enemy Territory server with a friend today and we were talking with other players and somehow the conversation was oriented to me due to my large ping. It wasnt problematic or whatever but it was strange for a good player to decide to play in a server where he will lag. So a guy is like "where you from". I answer im in Israel and suddenly a player calls me a "F***ing Zionist Nazi" and decides to ban me.

I just felt like sharing cuz i get this once in a while when i play abroad... not ban.. but swearing and racist comments.

Even worst considering im half french...

Second, I wanted to point out a pretty strange fact...

In Europe now there is a real rising of extremist groups who fight against Islam etc...

Now i dont support those extremist who are against a religion without making boundaries between the simple believers and extremists. Those are persent nearly everywhere, in msot religions and convictions. Now for long years, the numerous groups from the extreme right side of the european politics bunched blacks, arabs, jews and all non-caucasians in one big basket as the "bad people". But for a couple years now, it seems many of those groups have been taking the side of Israel and the jews.

I just wanted to know what your opinions where about that!

Oh and i found this for any french speakers, from a website whose title is: Occidentalis, Islamovigilance

http://www.occidentalis.com/$/viewtopic.php?t=245

I will translate this as soon as i come back , i really gotta go now... this too much longer than i expected it would lol!

Ritalin

PS: Me bored? Just a little... :ninja:

As I have said in a few threads before: People are idiots. I wouldnt give a rats who anyone supported. Everyone has a right to their own beliefs, and should not be discriminated for anything. I wrote a paper for legal studies on discrimination, did a bit of research and really, people are just idiots.

don't worry, if you have veiws contrary to someone's it's a cold hard fact some troglodyte will one day call you a Nazi, it doesn't matter if you support guns, space travel or time travel Nazism is the catch-all for anyone with a grudge against whatever viewpoint they see as socially unacceptable, they think calling someone one will instantly win an arguement.

I'm sorry you have to hear such blatantly racist stuff, especially just based on where you live when you're simply playing a game. If anything, I'd hope people could just primarily focus on people's game-playing abilities and keep that as primary criterion.

Suppose there's no shortage of stupid people in the world. It's their loss in the long-run if they want to make their life decisions so superficially race- / country-based, especially in areas where such factors should be irrelevant.