My Windows 10 Mobile experience is an F-

Do you expect a huge improvement in stability in a couple of weeks?

If you'd follow directions you'd see. Again do you really think this is the only build being tested right now?

You do you expect a huge improvement in stability in a couple of weeks?

You are using pre-release software, so you should expect the issues you are describing.

Why not grade your Windows 10 Mobile experience after the software has actually been released?

• Like 3

You are using pre-release software, so you should expect the issues you are describing.

Why not grade your Windows 10 Mobile experience after the software has actually been released?

Because that would make just to much sense.

• Like 3

Because that would make just to much sense.

Since it's less than a month that Windows 10 Mobile would be release, I would expect "release candidate"- quality builds by now.

Sure, there may be minor bugs here and there, but numerous build-in apps not opening? Come on.

--------

As an analogy:

If it's a month before a building opens to the public, can you really not tell if the building is nowhere near completion?

Do you expect a huge improvement in stability in a couple of weeks?

The 920 itself probably won't be getting upgraded until next year at the earliest.

I'm using it on a Lumia 435 and it runs perfectly fine. I went from 8.1 to the preview build and it was lagging until I did the full reset and everything's been fine since. Only thing happening is an app called "Rate Your Device" pops up as needing updated in the store and it won't install. Nothing important though so no real issue there. An ithe known issue with the storage screen not displaying everything correctly, but it's actually working fine. Just a cosmetic thing there.

You're simply trolling. Plain and simple. You have no idea at all what could be fixed betwen 10581 and RTM build so you should stop whining.

• Like 2

Since it's less than a month that Windows 10 Mobile would be release, I would expect "release candidate"- quality builds by now.

Sure, there may be minor bugs here and there, but numerous build-in apps not opening? Come on.

--------

As an analogy:

If it's a month before a building opens to the public, can you really not tell if the building is nowhere near completion?

Your issues could very well be related to you, NOT following the directions given. Have you done a master reset yet? No? Then quit complaining about apps not working when you can't even follow a simple guideline. You keep sidestepping and ignoring useful posts, only to pick out certain ones to say "Windows 10 Mobile comes out this month" and some building comparison which doesn't even fit here. Yet you keep regurgitating it.

Read the other posts that were made in this topic.

I suspect that there are a variety of factors at play other than the build's issues. You apparently did not follow the directions, for example.

As an analogy:

Poor analogy.

From what I understand, build 10586 is going to be the RTM version so it'll be interesting how it all plays out. That being said though a lot can change between now and then with builds coming on after to address some of the issues you are referring to.

You're the type to walk into a building that's still under construction (but, but, but 3/4 done!!) and then sue the company if a brick falls on your head.

You've been given plenty of answers to which you respond with assumptions.  Sounds like a troll thread to  me.

You're the type to walk into a building that's still under construction (but, but, but 3/4 done!!) and then sue the company if a brick falls on your head.

You've been given plenty of answers to which you respond with assumptions.  Sounds like a troll thread to  me.

Many of his/her threads come off as troll threads or just flat out made up stories. Shocker, OP has again abandoned a thread(you can see he/she is online and viewing) that went south for him/her. He/she was chiming in, replying pretty quickly with random assumptions, now nothing? No surprise there.

It's a month before the building is set to open. The building is still 3/4 done. I am sure wondering how 1/4 of the building will be completed in a month.

From what I understand, build 10586 is going to be the RTM version so it'll be interesting how it all plays out. That being said though a lot can change between now and then with builds coming on after to address some of the issues you are referring to.

I will be on the look out for it.

Yet, still no mention of trying a master reset to fix these "problems." You really are trolling aren't you?

Backup up data to hard drive right now.

14% completed

You shouldn't have to do a reset once updating to 10. The early builds had some issues that a reset would fix but the goal obviously is to not have those issues.

The maps + edge issue may already be fixed. Did you ever do a reset on your 920 after the 8.0->8.1 update?

You shouldn't have to do a reset once updating to 10. The early builds had some issues that a reset would fix but the goal obviously is to not have those issues.

The maps + edge issue may already be fixed. Did you ever do a reset on your 920 after the 8.0->8.1 update?

I have never reset my phone.

I have never reset my phone.

Ok, Maps + edge issue is known and fixed. Possible the fix also fixes Calendar/Data Sense. Issue came from devices that did 8.0->8.1->10 (was actually a bug in the 8.0->8.1 update).

Reset again lol! I'm only sort-of kidding; it may solve it.  You may end up having to restore to 8.1 with the Windows Device Recovery Tool and then updating to 10 again, but this close to launch (with Insider builds possibly coming tomorrow or Thursday) I would hold off until the next build before doing that because it is such a huge PITA.  Make sure during setup after a reset that you choose to start as a new device and not to restore from a backup, too.

I went ahead and restore back to Windows Phone 8 and upgraded all the way to Windows 10 Mobile. After that, I restore my data from backup.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel after all.

Surprisingly, everything seems fast. All the built-in apps (except Store) are able to load under 5 seconds.

If anything, it seems that the Lumia 920 is very capable to running Windows 10 Mobile very well: it's just very tedious and painstaking to get there.

---

None of the Nokia apps work, but I guess they just haven't been update to be compatible with Windows 10 Mobile.

Anyway, I do not recommend that anyone else try this.

Starting from restoring to Windows Phone 8 and upgrading all the way to Windows 10 Mobile took about 5 hours.

Not sure what happened to yours, but it ran well on my lumia 920.  I use it as my daily phone.

Does any of your Nokia/HERE apps work?

None of mine do after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile.

No, I didn't, but why am I "suppose to" do a factory reset?

Is a normal user suppose to do a factory reset after they upgrade?

maybe not. but to be honest it's really the best way to get the absolute default experience that Microsoft intends