Falcon 9 FT: ORBCOMM-2 (OG2 sats 7-17) mission thread

Yeah, the space and social media will go bonkers. Then it's nose to the grindstone for another launch shortly after the holidays. It's possible SES-9 will go at KSC before Jason-3 on the 17th at Vandenberg.

• Like 1

OT: Hey, DD? You folks up there in Maple Leaf Land have some wonderful chip flavors. I'm enjoying some All Dressed Up as I type this ... rather good, I must say. :yes: We can't get that down here in Michigan, and it's a limited run so I thought I'd pick up a small bag. They're delish.

BOT: Yes, yes the nonkers will reach epic proportions .. SpaceX's Value will go through the troposphere. :D Both deserved, when it happens.

2 hours ago, Unobscured Vision said:

OT: Hey, DD? You folks up there in Maple Leaf Land have some wonderful chip flavors. I'm enjoying some All Dressed Up as I type this ... rather good, I must say. :yes: We can't get that down here in Michigan, and it's a limited run so I thought I'd pick up a small bag. They're delish.

Yes...we like our chips (hockey games), the "all dressed is a long mainstay. Have been getting a lot of new flavors the last year, including "steak"

Goodies

1) xmas tortiere   ( I think Doc mentioned that he makes homemade)

2) poutine

3) Hawkins cheezies.....defacto #1

4) Lays and Ruffles chips....dozens of types/flovors

I put in a request for arctic char,...didn't fly...

Have ambulance # handy due to cardiac qualities .....:woot:

• Like 1

NOTAM : 5/9835

FDC 5/9835 ZMA FL..AIRSPACE KENNEDY SPACE CENTERR, FL..TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS KENNEDY SPACE CENTER SPACE OPERATIONS AREA. PURSUANT TO SECTION 91.143 OF THE CODE OF FEDERAL REGULAT1ONS (CFR91.143), FLIGHT OPERATIONS CONDUCTED BY FAA CERTIFICATED PILOTS OR CONDUCTED IN AIRCRAFT OF U.S. REGISTRY ARE PROHIBITED AT ANY ALTITUDE FROM THE SFC TO UNL, WITHIN THE FOLLOWING AREA: DEFINED AS 285116N804219W TO 29073N803000W THENCE CLOCKWISE VIA A 30NM ARC CENTERED AT 283703N803647W TO 281316N801606W TO 282501N803029W TO 282501N803759W TO 282501N804144W TO 283121N804349W TO 283801N804701W TO 284910N805044W TO 285116N804714W TO POINT OF ORIGIN. MIAMI/ZMA/ ARTCC, PHONE 305 716 1589, IS THE COORDINATING FAA FACILITY AND MAY BE CONTACTED FOR THE CURRENT STATUS OF ANY AIRSPACE ASSOCIATED WITH LAUNCH OPERATIONS. THIS AREA ENCOMPASSES R2932, R2933, R2934, AND PORTIONS OF W497A, W136F, W137F AND W137G. ADDITIONAL WARNING AND RESTRICTED AREAS WILL BE ACTIVE IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE OPERATIONS. PILOTS SHALL CONSULT ALL NOTAMS REGARDING THIS OPERATION. 1512210059-1512210155

The TFR has been issued from the surface up to unlimited!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Draggendrop said:

Yes...we like our chips (hockey games), the "all dressed is a long mainstay. Have been getting a lot of new flavors the last year, including "steak"

Goodies

1) xmas tortiere   ( I think Doc mentioned that he makes homemade)

2) poutine

3) Hawkins cheezies.....defacto #1

4) Lays and Ruffles chips....dozens of types/flovors

I put in a request for arctic char,...didn't fly...

Have ambulance # handy due to cardiac qualities .....:woot:

Well, I saw them and thought of you, buddy. And Hockey. And the Trailer Park Boys. All I was missing was Lahey's Brown Pale and a curious green leafy substance that has a peculiar odor .. but since I don't partake in adult beverages or in peculiarly-smelling smoky things (and I doubt anyone reading the Science Forum here at Neowin does either) that kinda "leaves" in the Hockey and the All Dressed chips. So here's to ya, bud. :D 

• Like 1

lc13_lz1_landingmap.thumb.png.56cfd7ea04

Launch Complex 13, or Landing Zone 1, is circled in this map of Cape Canaveral. Credit: Air Force Space and Missile Museum

LC 40 is circle across from Merritt Island lettering.

http://spaceflightnow.com/2015/12/19/rocket-landing-at-cape-canaveral-planned-after-sundays-spacex-launch/

get.thumb.jpg.e5eaa99502f61c496fa963abf1

http://spacenews.com/spacex-planning-sunday-falcon-9-launch-after-test/

:)

• Like 1

The FAA license has been issued for an F9 FT stage landing at LZ-1.

KSC won't allow media cameras on LZ-1 over concerns about RFI from remote controls etc. Unknown if SpaceX will stream it.

I'd bet there will be telephoto lenses aimed at LZ-1 from literally everywhere.

So far, so good.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Bah. Stupid timezones... Nearly 7 hours till launch still.  I'll be long asleep by then. :/

urg me too

• Like 1

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk  2m2 minutes ago
Just reviewed mission params w SpaceX team. Monte Carlo runs show tmrw night has a 10% higher chance of a good landing. Punting 24 hrs.