SEC > Big "10"

Where ya at Big Tener's? :D

Big "10" is 2-5 so far while the SEC is 3-1, with UT, LSU, and Ole Miss left to play.

"WAR DAMN EAGLE!"

au-white-sm.gif 28 wisconsin-sm.gif 14

crunch.jpg

CRUNCH!

28_MCBSack.JPG

CRUNCH!

carnell.jpg

Best RB in the nation!

Edited by Smitjel

Where ya at Big Tener's???:D:D

"WAR DAMN EAGLE!"

yeahhh... i hate living in alabama.

[rant]this will be on the sports talk around here non stop between now and september, forget the NFL Playoffs and baseball altogether, with their alabama/auburn crap year round.[/rant]

but yeah, i guess the SEC is better all around from what ive seen

slightly edited to avoid stereotypesi>

Edited by BOOGSoftball

<snip> Nothing wrong with living in Alabama but to each his own. :wacko:

Let's play nice now...BOOG

Edited by BOOGSoftball

Where ya at Big Tener's? :D

Big "10" is 2-5 so far while the SEC is 3-1, with UT, LSU, and Ole Miss left to play.

"WAR DAMN EAGLE!"

Of course, leave it to the mighty Gators to disrupt the undisputed moniker.

2000 - lost to Michigan State

2002 - lost to Michigan

2003 - lost to Iowa

God, I hate the Outback Bowl... :(

well, we aren't having our best year. thats ok, it happens. the sec knows that better than we do.

the thing of it is, we play up to the competition in bowls.

if you look at conference rankings of the teams, and national rankings, we're only "supposed" to win 3 games i believe. so if we get 3 wins, we'll just be average. anything more would have been a bonus.

Auburn SEC #6 beat Wisconsin Big X #7

Iowa Big X #4 destroyed Floriday SEC #4

Georgia SEC #2 barely beats Purdue Big X #3

Edited by BroChaos

[rant]this will be on the sports talk around here non stop between now and september, forget the NFL Playoffs and baseball altogether, with their alabama/auburn crap year round.[/rant]

but yeah, i guess the SEC is better all around from what ive seen

slightly edited to avoid stereotypes

aha, where at in AL do you live?! I live in Phenix City, and work in Columbus Ga :p its not so bad .. GO ALABAMA :p

aha, where at in AL do you live?! I live in Phenix City, and work in Columbus Ga :p its not so bad .. GO ALABAMA :p

i live in montgomery.. hopefully not for too much longer, im out of school in 5 months

Iowa boy here, just browsing the forum:

Iowa Big X #4 destroyed Floriday SEC #4

I don't think destroyed is the correct phrase, I'm looking more at "handed them their asses"

Look at last year:

Minnesota over Arkansas

Michigan over Florida

Auburn over Penn State

Kentucky over Indiana

This year:

Iowa over Florida

Arkansas over Missouri

Georgia over Purdue

Big Ten has 72% of their teams in bowl games (8 of 11)

::::::

Michigan State: Stomped by totally underrated Nebraska

Michigan: Lost to the #1 team in the nation, loss was somewhat expected

Wisconsin: No fair, you had "Cadillac"

The rest of the losses were very close games

=============

SEC has 58% of their teams in bowl games (7 of 12)

::::::

Tennessee: enough said (whooped by unrated Clemson)

Florida: "asses handed to them" by Iowa

LSU: We know they are going to have a tough time tomorrow

It's a pretty tough statement to say that the SEC is a much better/stronger conference. If you want to go overall, look at my stats above by noting the bowl %. OK, you had the upper-hand this year, it's one year in a 110.

I'm not really a Big 10 fan, I'm just an Iowa fan, and we beat Florida, so that is all that matters to me.

Right but I am looking straight up at the teams. I don't care about what conference did this or that and other stats...if I saw the SEC go 6-6 vs the Big10....I mean, sorry, but I think the SEC would win at least 4 or more of the matchup's. I am not a big fan of Michigan and Navarre and I think OSU is a good team....with a great OL and D...but a lacking offense. KSU's game the other day was exactly what their problem had been almost everygame BUT OU (go figure, eh?)...they have inconsistent trouble moving up and down.

LSU: We know they are going to have a tough time tomorrow

I don't know about that. LSU is playing flawless football right now. I don't see OU moving the ball very well against an extremely fast and talented LSU defense. LSU is also going to have the crowd at the Superdome.

I am not a big fan of Michigan and Navarre and I think OSU is a good team....with a great OL and D...but a lacking offense.

Oh, so OSU setting a bowl record for the team by getting 4 TDs was a lacking offense? I'm sorry, but OSU brought their A+ game the other day. Not only that, they were pretty impressive against Michigan, as well.

Nest year should be interesting. We've got an A+ QB transfer from a junior Ohio college coming to play!!!! :shifty:

Oh, so OSU setting a bowl record for the team by getting 4 TDs was a lacking offense? I'm sorry, but OSU brought their A+ game the other day. Not only that, they were pretty impressive against Michigan, as well.

Nest year should be interesting. We've got an A+ QB transfer from a junior Ohio college coming to play!!!! :shifty:

Yes, it still does. KSU has played good defensive games and bad ones (Marshall moved the ball quite well.. :huh: :huh: ) so just because OSU scored 4 TD's doesnt make them a great offensive team. Sorry, I dont see them winning the West or East in the SEC this or last year.

Scoring 4 offensive TDs by passing is a huge improvement compared to what they have done in the past several years. Just wait, it will come.

:huh: Who you talking about? The QB battle will be between Zwick and Smith, both came to OSU from HS. No JuCo QB's as far as I know.

There was an article on him last year. He was transferring from a JuCo and apparently was one of the best in the state of Ohio when he played in HS. I'll try to find more info, but I swear that the article existed.

Scoring 4 offensive TDs by passing is a huge improvement compared to what they have done in the past several years. Just wait, it will come.

I agree. I just dont think it means that OSU's offense will suddenly put those #'s up on a consistent basis next year.

BTW, don't take what I say to be me being an OSU hater...have no bias towards them or the Big 10.

Am I the only one who has never heard of that phrase?? What are you talking about?

If you saw the opening ceremony of the last winter olympics, then you saw our bird. Up until this past season, they used to fly her around the stadium before each game but this past summer she got sick so they had to stop doing it...it was REALLY exciting to watch.

Check out this clip of one of her pregame flights, gives me goosebumps everytime I watch it! (right-click, save as)

More FYI

au-white-sm.gifWAR DAMN EAGLE!>

what about mcmullen?

God, he sucks. I remember him filling in for Krenzel several times and he looked really pathetic.