Frontpage slowness and no box for entering information for new topic or reply

I tried submitting a New Topic in Chrome and Firefox and don't get the box to enter this information.  I also see severe slowness in Firefox when viewing the frontpage.  Once I open a few tabs, it completely unuseable.  I tried Chrome and it's fine when opening one or multiple tabs.

I'm using Edge to write this.

I see the "Required" test and the "Attachment" part, but nothing in between.

Capture.PNG

The issue with the text box not appearing can usually be solved by clearing your browser cache.

I haven't seen any slowness across the front page in Firefox, but I'll keep an eye out for anything strange. As far as I know, we haven't had any other reports of slowdowns in Firefox.

I was also experiencing extreme slowness on the frontpage last night around 9pm CST.  I figured it had something to do with the new ads, but whatever it was, it wasn't happening elsewhere. Tried CNN.com, espn.com, FB, my work's public site,etc. and they were all normal.  My only add on is ABP (yes, Neowin is whitelisted).  As i tried to scroll down from the top of the page, it would hang for several seconds before scrolling.  I'd stop for a few seconds, try scrolling again, and the same thing would happen.  Once i clicked off of the frontpage into the forums, all was fine.  Tried closing Firefox 430 and reopening but the same thing happened.

@BeerFanand @farmeunit can I confirm that this is happening on the main news site or forums, or both?

If you could check with me upon loading a page you have never loaded before (so a news article you haven't read on the main news site yet) look below in the browser status bar and tell me if you are seeing non-neowin URLs loading that is causing it to slow down.

I am going to look into this today to see if we can speed up the ad loading, but just for sh*** and giggles, load an article on windowscentral.com with no ad blockers, and tell me who does a better job for readers :p 

On 12/21/2015 at 2:38 AM, Steven P. said:

@BeerFanand @farmeunit can I confirm that this is happening on the main news site or forums, or both?

If you could check with me upon loading a page you have never loaded before (so a news article you haven't read on the main news site yet) look below in the browser status bar and tell me if you are seeing non-neowin URLs loading that is causing it to slow down.

I am going to look into this today to see if we can speed up the ad loading, but just for sh*** and giggles, load an article on windowscentral.com with no ad blockers, and tell me who does a better job for readers :p 

It was just the main news site for me; the forums were fine.  And, the problem only happened for a period of time on Wednesday evening.  When I came back on Thursday morning, everything was fine and has been since then.

And yeah, i see your point on the horrid ad experience at that other site.  It's a mess.  We've got it good!

Sorry for late response.  Yes it's just the main page.  Not in the forums.  It's ads or something, possibly Flash stuff.  I only have Lastpass installed.  I've had it several time recently.

Just now, farmeunit said:

Sorry for late response.  Yes it's just the main page.  Not in the forums.  It's ads or something, possibly Flash stuff.  I only have Lastpass installed.  I've had it several time recently.

Next time you experience it, could you grab a screenshot of the ads on the page, and then we can take a look with the advertisers at what might be behind the issues.