February Desktops

that's not a truelaunch bar, that would be hoverdesk i think. which is a shell replacement. and they have plugins to do things like that. they have some sweet themes, but when i try to demo it, it tells me it's already expired. oh well.

cheers,

joe

**Edit** here's my latest dtop, i'm trying out static and a new wallpaper.

Image17

Mine, simple and clean... ah, a question for you guys. How I get the am/pm thingy on the clock... could it be something with the language, I mean Im using the spanish Win XP Pro edition?

27351_1024_768.jpg

Originally posted by irs-away  

anyway, why would anyone want to use true launch bar.  when the start menu is 1 click more?  not even a click, but one mouse move more.  seems pointless.  you can already customize the start menu too.  but hey, whatever floats your boat.

and since this particular forum is about screenshots, check this one out:

2717.jpg

it's nto mine, but i think it's the most original piece of work i've seen in awhile.

could you point me to a site that has the MP3 ICEBAR thing that you're running? also, how do you make your desktop look like that? is it a skin? WB?

Hey what program is that you guys are using that shows your pc stats on the desktop i.e. how much ram is being used, how long your computer has been on for etc........?

hey 3dfx, check your regional and language options in the control bar. is it because your on 24-hr time?

seldats: that's weird, it looks like there's supposed to be an icon there....perhaps you were reshacking something and put in a bad/missing icon for a program? i dunno...

cheers,

joe

Here's a cool WB skin I downloaded from GUIOlympics. Not only does it look nice, it really shows off WindowBlinds's advantages.

wb-feb02.jpg

For instance:

1) Centered title bar text has a text background image. Only WB can do that.

2) Thumbtack, rollup, and WBMenu (add pop up items) in top left.

And since this is 3.19 I'm running you can see that the IE scrollbars and web page controls are also skinned as well as the logon/logoff buttons.

The desktop is using DesktopX 1.1 which lets me use VB script now to have objects that talk to the Internet (like the news items from WinCustomize).