Oukitel K10,000 UK Mobile Frequencies

Hi guys

Title says it all really, but, I'm looking for some advanced or expert advice regarding the Oukitel K10,000 and it's mobile network transceiver. <spellcheck>

I've been interested in this phone since it was 'leaked' in 2014-2015, I'm a little disappointed that it's running lower spec than was rumoured, but hey, that's life.

(I'm further let down as the K10,000 only ships with 5.1, but I'm hoping it's upgradeable)

My main concern, I don't understand the band information supplied by this reseller

http://www.coolicool.com/oukitel-k10000-mtk6735-15ghz-quad-core-55-inch-hd-screen-android-51-4g-lte-smartphone-g-41040

I'm either having one of those days when nothing makes sense, or I genuinely have no idea what I'm looking at.

I'm on O2UK and trying to find information is giving me a headache.

I've read the information provided by a rival site, (note the site had the details to hand)

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/how-tell-whether-phone-is-supported-by-your-network-3597426/

I just cannot decipher the info about the network bandwidth.

So basically, can someone who knows about this or has first hand experience with this please let me know if The Oukitel K10,000 will work if I was to insert my O2UK 4G sim card (the one in my current 4G smartphone) into it?

It supports LTE bands 1,3,7 and 20 according the to info provided by the seller, which means you should 4g on any provider in the UK.

You can see what LTE bands networks in the UK use here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks_in_Europe , o2 only use band 20 for LTE (4g).

• Like 1

Like I said above, I suck at writing reviews, but right now, I'm using my Oukitel K10000, and I'm impressed, it is a very large and heavy phone (compared to what I'm used to, as I prefer compact phones) everything works, simple to use, the one or two niggles I have, and it is just that, a nit pick, it's quieter than I had hoped, and the vibrate is barely noticeable. I had hoped as it wasn't a UK spec phone (android is upgrading screen on system updates is in Chinese I think) It would be less restricted but alas, this wasn't the case, my old 4g moto g blows it out of the water for sound both on headset and speaker.

Then again, for what it has cost me, I can live with the trade off for now, as it's a new toy.

Update, assuming I remember, I'll post a screenshot of the uptime I've had on this phone with just the charge it came with

I received the Phone Thursday Afternoon, 4th Feb 2016 and have not turned it off yet, it was on 48% charge so I'll round it up to 50% and then I'll double the uptime (should give a good ballpark on how long the phone runs continuously on one charge, theoretically)

Update, the battery isn't dead yet, but here is how long this phone has lasted on the charge it came with

Note, I've spent about an hour talk time, and about 30 or so minutes checking facebook etc.. every 2 hours or so, some youtube, various pictures, (moderate to moderate heavy use)

What has REALLY surprised me is the phone refuses to die even with 1% charge remaining, I'm pretty sure at this rate I could easily get another 10 minutes out of it.

Screenshot_2016-02-07-16-44-07.thumb.jpg

So just using a little maths, and doubling the charge and uptimes

One could assume the phone would be good for 150 hours on one full charge, (dependant on usage)

Also I'd like to make it clear, the screenshot is of the K10,000 uptime solely on the charge the phone was shipped with, after I log out I'll be putting it on charge, but Oukitel suggest the phone will take 4 hours to charge using the 9 volt 2amp charger it came with

All in all, I'm impressed at the device, as it isn't an expensive flagship, and lets face it, there are no other phones out there with a tablet battery installed.

The list of updates that are being configured is scary, (guess I should have restarted the phone when I first got it,)

The Maps, blue circle DOES NOT appear to have the little arrow, but that's easy to live with when on the move as it'll slide along, tracking you, And it's accurate in giving directions.

If anyone needs more info, please let me know, I'll do what I can (considering I'm just an average user and not a reviewer)

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

This only applies to those who might be interested in one of these phones..

I mentioned that the phone is quieter than I would've liked, turns out there's a way to fix this, as it runs a MediaTek chip.

You can download an app from play store, called MTKEngineer(ing)

From that app, you can re adjust the sound levels.

Be Very Careful when using the app, as you can bork the phone if you mess too much with it.

I can offer help from my own experience if needed, let me know here :)

• 1 month later...

New update, 6 weeks old, and I've noticed that it crashed and rebooted while I was on Facebook today, this may have been a freak occurance, but in order to be honest about this phone, I thought I'd mention it.

• 3 weeks later...

April 15, phone is behaving as intended, no more reboot issues, must have been a couple of 'one offs'

Not had any heating or connectivity issues

I'm going with the 'No News is Good News' mentality, as I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep this thread alive based on a device that IS working as intended

Any issues and I will update, (unless the thread gets locked)

• sundayx locked this topic