• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Post Counts Recounted

Recommended Posts

Steven P.    14,383
2 hours ago, blank said:

So are there sections of the forum that are excluded from contributing to post counts, that is different than it previously was before the upgrade?

 

For example, i just found this screenshot from 2013, which shows my post count to be much much higher

 

he9.png

Yeah i don't know what is going on with your post count. I had to check if you were the same 'blank' that I know! Maybe PM davelegg to see if anything happened to your account?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EmuZombie    139
7 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Yeah i don't know what is going on with your post count. I had to check if you were the same 'blank' that I know! Maybe PM davelegg to see if anything happened to your account?

I think it is obvious.  Blank posts do not count  :rofl:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blank    1,280
3 minutes ago, EmuZombie said:

I think it is obvious.  Blank posts do not count  :rofl:

my posts are mostly gibberish and bs, but warwagon has his post count restored,  i mean seriously, restore mine.?

 

btw, i don't know who you are, you recently change your name.

 

btw, i pmed that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EmuZombie    139
3 hours ago, blank said:

my posts are mostly gibberish and bs, but warwagon has his post count restored,  i mean seriously, restore mine.?

 

btw, i don't know who you are, you recently change your name.

 

Well, my joke went completely over your head, didn't it?

 

I haven't once changed my name.  I've been using EmuZombie since the old BBS days and since August 2001 on Neowin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Torolol    926

is posts that was cleaned by mods still count?

I have seen several thread that was marked with star icon instead of circle icons which indicating that i was posting something there,

but on such thread my posts no longer be found as those threads has been cleaned by mods for various reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blank    1,280
12 hours ago, EmuZombie said:

 

Well, my joke went completely over your head, didn't it?

 

I haven't once changed my name.  I've been using EmuZombie since the old BBS days and since August 2001 on Neowin.

ha sorry ,  i was a bit intoxicated when i read that. funny now though :p

 

BTw i contacted dave but he hasnt read my message. must be a super busy guy.

Edited by blank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Torolol    926

on the bright side, Blank has more than 97% Likes/Posts ratio, thats unusually high.

me my comparison only have about 15% :laugh:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raa    1,569

Hooray! Thank you very very much! :D

It's the small things that count.

 

.... Well, the big things do too. How are the other issues going? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Anarkii    2,255

Hey did Damo ever crack 100k? I never payed attention to his post count with actual numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arachno 1D    7,992
18 hours ago, EmuZombie said:

I think it is obvious.  Blank posts do not count  :rofl:

The Mods have had a hard task  in selectivly screening all forum posts ,discounting those that they consider of no useful content and validating those that contribute to the forum as a whole.Ergo this suggests that some of those complaining of a lower post count have written a lot of ###### over the years :rolleyes::laugh:

 

On a serious note please stop complaining its just a number of no "real world" relavence.Go outside,take a long walk and get some fresh air in your lungs :D:D:D:D:D  [see smileys make it all better]

Edited by Arachno 1D
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blank    1,280
1 hour ago, Torolol said:

on the bright side, Blank has more than 97% Likes/Posts ratio, thats unusually high.

me my comparison only have about 15% :laugh:

i liked your post so you have like 15.0002% now

 

32 minutes ago, Arachno 1D said:

The Mods have had a hard task  in selectivly screening all forum posts ,discounting those that they consider of no useful content and validating those that contribute to the forum as a whole.Ergo this suggests that some of those complaining of a lower post count have written a lot of ###### over the years :rolleyes::laugh:

 

On a serious note please stop complaining its just a number of no "real world" relavence.Go outside,take a long walk and get some fresh air in your lungs :D:D:D:D:D  [see smileys make it all better]

 

isnt a big deal really, but only mentioned it really incase there is a much larger issue going on, where there seems to be or else the count would be right,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeMaster    15,601
On 19/02/2016 at 5:12 AM, blank said:

So are there sections of the forum that are excluded from contributing to post counts, that is different than it previously was before the upgrade?

 

For example, i just found this screenshot from 2013, which shows my post count to be much much higher

 

he9.png

I think your posts were removed after you disappeared for a few months. I imagine it was probably to save the staff time when removing any personal info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.    14,383
47 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

I think your posts were removed after you disappeared for a few months. I imagine it was probably to save the staff time when removing any personal info.

Weird :s

 

giphy.gif 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Louisifer    760
14 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Weird :s

 

giphy.gif 

Not sure if threat or an acceptance of his mastery. :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeMaster    15,601
1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

Weird :s

 

giphy.gif 

3JpdbIY.gif

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris123NT    361

*looks at post count*

 

Oh yes, this is more like it :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blank    1,280
2 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

I think your posts were removed after you disappeared for a few months. I imagine it was probably to save the staff time when removing any personal info.

I think you're right because I googled, and found old posts where people replied to me, so my name is still in the quote, but the post they replied to is gone.

 

for example:

this topic

 

You can see how kingcracker replied to me.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draconian Guppy    13,037
2 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Weird :s

 

giphy.gif 

No, whats weird is seeing neobond with a sense of juice I mean, humor.

 

axGEDnL_700b_v1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TAZMINATOR    12,416
3 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Weird :s

 

giphy.gif 

hahah. 

 

Good one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xendrome    5,580
On 2/13/2016 at 5:40 PM, JHBrown said:

Are you missing a larger number? I wonder if this recount is being done manually. I'm guessing no. @DaveLeggdid mention these numbers are "ballpark' figures.

Yes, we have a crack team of experts manually counting everyone's post in the database... we should be done with this by the year 2361... :rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BinaryData    777

Hmm... I feel my ePeen isn't big enough, I'm missing some. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+JHBrown    13,234
3 hours ago, xendrome said:

Yes, we have a crack team of experts manually counting everyone's post in the database... we should be done with this by the year 2361... :rolleyes:

I knew it. It's gonna be a lot of work ahead for the guys...

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.    14,383

Our crack team of experts after another day of manual counting:

 

Capture.thumb.JPG.3dfd3b75c5a937021dcb07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BinaryData    777
14 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Our crack team of experts after another day of manual counting:

 

Capture.thumb.JPG.3dfd3b75c5a937021dcb07

Seems legit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Gary7    7,380

Thanks for your work on this Dave. How many posts does one need for a Neowin T-Shirt??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.