Post Counts Recounted

2 hours ago, blank said:

So are there sections of the forum that are excluded from contributing to post counts, that is different than it previously was before the upgrade?

For example, i just found this screenshot from 2013, which shows my post count to be much much higher

he9.png

Yeah i don't know what is going on with your post count. I had to check if you were the same 'blank' that I know! Maybe PM davelegg to see if anything happened to your account?

7 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Yeah i don't know what is going on with your post count. I had to check if you were the same 'blank' that I know! Maybe PM davelegg to see if anything happened to your account?

I think it is obvious.  Blank posts do not count  :rofl:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EmuZombie said:

my posts are mostly gibberish and bs, but warwagon has his post count restored,  i mean seriously, restore mine.?

btw, i don't know who you are, you recently change your name.

btw, i pmed that guy.

3 hours ago, blank said:

my posts are mostly gibberish and bs, but warwagon has his post count restored,  i mean seriously, restore mine.?

btw, i don't know who you are, you recently change your name.

Well, my joke went completely over your head, didn't it?

I haven't once changed my name.  I've been using EmuZombie since the old BBS days and since August 2001 on Neowin.

is posts that was cleaned by mods still count?

I have seen several thread that was marked with star icon instead of circle icons which indicating that i was posting something there,

but on such thread my posts no longer be found as those threads has been cleaned by mods for various reasons.

12 hours ago, EmuZombie said:

Well, my joke went completely over your head, didn't it?

I haven't once changed my name.  I've been using EmuZombie since the old BBS days and since August 2001 on Neowin.

ha sorry ,  i was a bit intoxicated when i read that. funny now though :p

BTw i contacted dave but he hasnt read my message. must be a super busy guy.

Edited by blank

18 hours ago, EmuZombie said:

The Mods have had a hard task  in selectivly screening all forum posts ,discounting those that they consider of no useful content and validating those that contribute to the forum as a whole.Ergo this suggests that some of those complaining of a lower post count have written a lot of ###### over the years :rolleyes::laugh:

On a serious note please stop complaining its just a number of no "real world" relavence.Go outside,take a long walk and get some fresh air in your lungs :D:D:D:D:D  [see smileys make it all better]

Edited by Arachno 1D
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Torolol said:

on the bright side, Blank has more than 97% Likes/Posts ratio, thats unusually high.

me my comparison only have about 15% :laugh:

i liked your post so you have like 15.0002% now

32 minutes ago, Arachno 1D said:

The Mods have had a hard task  in selectivly screening all forum posts ,discounting those that they consider of no useful content and validating those that contribute to the forum as a whole.Ergo this suggests that some of those complaining of a lower post count have written a lot of ###### over the years :rolleyes::laugh:

On a serious note please stop complaining its just a number of no "real world" relavence.Go outside,take a long walk and get some fresh air in your lungs :D:D:D:D:D  [see smileys make it all better]

isnt a big deal really, but only mentioned it really incase there is a much larger issue going on, where there seems to be or else the count would be right,

On 19/02/2016 at 5:12 AM, blank said:

So are there sections of the forum that are excluded from contributing to post counts, that is different than it previously was before the upgrade?

For example, i just found this screenshot from 2013, which shows my post count to be much much higher

he9.png

I think your posts were removed after you disappeared for a few months. I imagine it was probably to save the staff time when removing any personal info.

47 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

I think your posts were removed after you disappeared for a few months. I imagine it was probably to save the staff time when removing any personal info.

Weird :s

giphy.gif 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

I think you're right because I googled, and found old posts where people replied to me, so my name is still in the quote, but the post they replied to is gone.

for example:

this topic

You can see how kingcracker replied to me.

On 2/13/2016 at 5:40 PM, JHBrown said:

Are you missing a larger number? I wonder if this recount is being done manually. I'm guessing no. @DaveLeggdid mention these numbers are "ballpark' figures.

Yes, we have a crack team of experts manually counting everyone's post in the database... we should be done with this by the year 2361... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xendrome said:

Yes, we have a crack team of experts manually counting everyone's post in the database... we should be done with this by the year 2361... :rolleyes:

I knew it. It's gonna be a lot of work ahead for the guys...

ezgif.com-resize.gif