More Linux Articles To FPN & Software, etc.

I understand this started as a Windows-centric site, but in this day & age the site should be OS agnostic.  More Linux articles need to be posted to FPN & Software.  The only time Linux is every really posted is if Microsoft does something, case in point: SQL Server for Linux.

You do what appears to be almost equal amounts of Microsoft & Apple articles, but Linux appears to be an afterthought.  I am not mentioning Android, while a Linux distro in itself, it's mainly for phones & tablets.

It's high time you cater to all your sites users, not just the Microsoft & Apple fanboys & fangirls.

i agree. neowin might have started small, but they have grown and report much more than just about windows software. apple is pretty much covered, so are most smartphone companies. adding news about linux would not only make the site more complete, it would also lead to more readers and users and therefore boost revenues from ads. 

i think it does not have to be too complex, like compiling kernels or software from source as this really would be better left to specialized websites. but general software / hardware news would be awesome and maybe covering a bit the big and well known distros (ubuntu obviously, mint, maybe open suse) and the big DE's like gnome and kde. 

I could possibly look at writing some as long as Steven etc were in agreement

I tend to stick to security related articles and such

6 hours ago, Haggis said:

What sort of stuff do you want to read about?

New distro releases, features etc.

New kernel releases, features etc.

Security issues.

New Linux softwares (especially anything commercial)

Basically, the same as you already do for Windows, OSX and mobile OS's.

• 2 weeks later...

I started this site specifically to write about Microsoft betas and the things Microsoft related I care about. Throughout the years I have hired staff who only used an Apple product (Ritsuke back in 2001-2), or ones that only used Linux. When they moved on, their content moved on with them. We don't discourage Linux related news, in fact I believe we covered Ubuntu recently, also Microsoft's efforts on the Linux platform.

This site is mostly made up of contributions by writers who report on what they care about, if we don't have enough Linux writers, it's because we don't have those people who care enough to do it.

On 04/04/2016 at 8:47 AM, Steven P. said:

This site is mostly made up of contributions by writers who report on what they care about, if we don't have enough Linux writers, it's because we don't have those people who care enough to do it.

Fair enough. :)