Ignored Users Should Not Show In Activity and Unread Streams

3 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

^ Right, so if in your testing it isn't fixed with the recent updates it will need to be a mod hack, which is then passed to developers.

I'll let you know. Thank you for responding to this issue :)

1 hour ago, BinaryData said:

Actually, I've ignored a lot of people, and it still happens to me. I just stopped using the forums so much.

Really? Last time I did that I nearly got fired of ignoring a female. She said I was a sexist ###### who believed she shouldn't work in IT. I do believe she shouldn't work in IT. But I'm not sexist at all. I love boobs too much.

Anyways...

lol

10 hours ago, Luc2k said:

Same thing happens to me with Firefox on both PC and mobile.

(Just adding)

It just did it on IE using a win 7 pc

so that's 3 browsers, across 2 platforms, confirmed by myself and Luc2k

6 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

lol

Laugh all you want. She's caused so many outages but she won't be fired because she's a female. There's an unspoken quota.

6 hours ago, BinaryData said:

Laugh all you want. She's caused so many outages but she won't be fired because she's a female. There's an unspoken quota.

The slightly sexist undertones in the post made me laugh, as in I found it a little comical,

(maybe I'm reading between the lines, I meant no offence by it)

18 hours ago, Steven P. said:

^ Right, so if in your testing it isn't fixed with the recent updates it will need to be a mod hack, which is then passed to developers.

Sadly, my in my testing I still have the same issue in Streams.

8 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

The slightly sexist undertones in the post made me laugh, as in I found it a little comical,

(maybe I'm reading between the lines, I meant no offence by it)

None taken bro. It takes a lot to actually offend me.

No, she just doesn't have the mindset of a computer tech. She doesn't think outside the box. Here's an example. Last week, we had a server producing bad packets, and it was flapping horribly. She replaced the cables and sfp. Closed the ticket. It was still happening. So, she replaced those again, and the NIC card. Closed the ticket. The requester shut the server down, and cut an Emergency ticket the next morning. Want to know what the problem was? Bad riser card. It wasn't fully seated when someone made previous repairs to it. She did the generic steps. That's my problem with most females in the IT industry, then there are women like our primary Network Engineer. She puts the fear of God into men under her. She joins the chat, everyone shuts up.

Anyways, we're a bit off topic now.

I can confirm adrynalyne's problem still exists. I blocked someone today, just for testing purposes.

Seems like ignoring people isn't implemented in the activity streams, so technically not a bug ;)

I'll put in a request to Invision to see if they can implement it, and if it looks like it's going to take them ages, we'll have a look at doing it ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 5, 2016 at 0:57 AM, DaveLegg said:

Seems like ignoring people isn't implemented in the activity streams, so technically not a bug ;)

I'll put in a request to Invision to see if they can implement it, and if it looks like it's going to take them ages, we'll have a look at doing it ourselves.

What a terrible oversight on their part. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

This is finally fixed! :)

That only took forever.

"For the first time in forever ..."

47 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

It is not fixed. I still see them.

Heh. Good enough. 

image.png