Are you sure you want to leave this webpage?

This message has popped up frequently over the past four to five days whenever I click a link on the Neowin website.  This only happens while using IE 11 but Firefox works just fine.

Once I am on the Neowin website it can happen at anytime.  Clicking on articles on the Frontpage or just browsing in the forums can cause this message to pop-up.

Once I leave the website this message no longer pops up. 

yeah I was getting this just clicking around the site or if I tried to close the browser..... while logged in (not sure about not logged in)

haven't seen it today yet though

Capture2_thumb_PNG_82674838191c66e08501ed8965ea7b6b.png

btw while I was watching the network monitor trying to figure out what was going on, just sitting idle on neowin is using up 0.64MB of network bandwidth about once per minute :huh: hundreds of ad connections and downloads (during the time I'm on, not at once)......

Capture2.PNG

This screen shot was just 1 minute of idle time not doing anything, every minute this happens again and again

Edited by neufuse

I'm still getting this alert box as of today, HOWEVER!

I just got this same thing on a completely unrelated site that was covered with similar ads to neowin's site...

not sure how to debug this since you can't break into the debugger when a modal window is showing ugh..... it's 99% likely it's an ad provider doing this

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2016 at 4:38 AM, neufuse said:

btw while I was watching the network monitor trying to figure out what was going on, just sitting idle on neowin is using up 0.64MB of network bandwidth about once per minute :huh: hundreds of ad connections and downloads (during the time I'm on, not at once)......

Capture2.PNG

This screen shot was just 1 minute of idle time not doing anything, every minute this happens again and again

I am going to report this so ad ops can look into it.