Yay or nay? Made an app that adds Aero Glass, Start Menu on Windows 10

Steven P.
3 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

does it look like that elsewhere or just Chrome? I'd lean toward blaming chrome because they don't use the native windows borders and their overwrite seems to be coded weirdly (if you compare to any other windows the min/max/close buttons are farther to the right on the UI in chrome and boarders are thinner)

Everywhere mate, stupid thick borders and massve drop shadow, I already uninstalled it because not even the registry borderwidth=0 tweak fixes it Lol.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
"BorderWidth"="0"
"PaddedBorderWidth"="0"

No workie

Brandon H
1 minute ago, Steven P. said:

Everywhere mate, stupid thick borders and massve drop shadow, I already uninstalled it because not even the registry borderwidth=0 tweak fixes it Lol.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
"BorderWidth"="0"
"PaddedBorderWidth"="0"

No workie

weird, never ran into that when i used it before

if you care enough you could probably post a topic about it on MSFN; the dev was good about being responsive back when i reported a couple issues back in the day :)

• 1 year later...
The darkone

Where do you download

Or did you stop development

Brandon H
13 hours ago, The darkone said:

Where do you download

Or did you stop development

On 4/3/2018 at 2:36 PM, Brandon H said:

pretty sure it's dead yes

as an alternative I used to use the following for glass on 8/8.1 and for a bit on 10 as well; seems more reliable than a lot of the other projects from my experience.

it's been a few years since i've used it as well so it's likely only gotten more stable :)

http://www.glass8.eu/

Sulphy

Defo - Do It!!!! :) i miss glass.....

• 3 months later...
davidb420

does he have an email address that we can contact him with?

Brandon H
9 minutes ago, davidb420 said:

does he have an email address that we can contact him with?

you could check on his Deviantart that's posted earlier in this thread I believe. It does not look like he made his email public on his forum profile though.

There's also the alternative that I posted above; Glass8 is a great tool as I've used it in the past. It's as native as you can get.

• Like 1
davidb420
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 12:19 PM, Brandon H said:

There's also the alternative that I posted above; Glass8 is a great tool as I've used it in the past. It's as native as you can get.

yea my main issues with glass8 is that it has a watermark and it breaks way too often with feature updates. Shame the developer doesn't want to open source as it would make it would make patches to Glass8 to make it compatible with the latest version of Windows much quicker. Also if you wouldn't mind can you post the link to his deviantart?

Brandon H
55 minutes ago, davidb420 said:

yea my main issues with glass8 is that it has a watermark and it breaks way too often with feature updates. Shame the developer doesn't want to open source as it would make it would make patches to Glass8 to make it compatible with the latest version of Windows much quicker. Also if you wouldn't mind can you post the link to his deviantart?

I haven't used glass8 since windows 8.1 so it may have changed but I don't remember there ever being a watermark before. Have you posted about it in the help forums for the dev to see?

davidb420
Posted (edited)

The dev hasn't been active in over a month and when I asked about making the program open source I got responses from other people such as "Because someone put time and effort into creating it and charges for his time?" and "maybe because BigMuscle doesn't want to leave his baby open source for the moment" and then someone locked the thread.

Also can you post the deviantart link as I looked through the thread and could not find anything

Edited by davidb420
Marujan

not for Win10 2004

mmm8.JPG

Brandon H
12 hours ago, davidb420 said:

Also can you post the deviantart link as I looked through the thread and could not find anything

Hello, it looks like I may have been mistaken about there being a deviantart link or was thinking of another similar thread. I apologize on that one.

Steven P.

Glass8 doesn't even work on 1909 heheh I got 3 large dump files for after it crashed, which was also left behind after uninstalling it. 

SNAG-0001.png

Brandon H
13 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Glass8 doesn't even work on 1909 heheh I got 3 large dump files for after it crashed, which was also left behind after uninstalling it. 

SNAG-0001.png

maybe Glass8 is on the way to becoming abandonware as well? Sounds like the dev hasn't been active even on his own forum in over a month.

davidb420
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

SNAG-0001.png

You have to replace DWMCORE.DLL and UDWM.DLL with versions from 18363.720 to make it work with 18363.752 or higher (NOTE: Still doesn't make it work with 2004)

Edited by davidb420
Steven P.
9 minutes ago, davidb420 said:

You have to replace DWMCORE.DLL and UDWM.DLL with versions from 18363.720 to make it work with 18363.752 or higher

Mamamia, sounds complicated man!

davidb420

could someone post the op's deviantart or any way to contact the op