Animated / video ads on mobile... Why?

As someone who lives in a country with exceptionally small data rates for cell phones 1gb/2gb per month,  why would Neowin run ads that are animated in any way? Image attached. 

Screenshot_20160526-025008.png

6 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

$$$ <- That's why.

Ads aren't purposely run that are detrimental to the user experience in order to generate revenue. Reported ads are checked by Steve then reported to the appropriate ad provider, in order to have them removed.

Not only are they invasive,  they cause chrome on Android to load something every few seconds.  All I see is the damn loading bar flashing right now on my mobile browser.  

Hopefully that gets fixed. 

It's almost as bad as the ads on ios that caused the page to zoom out and the ad to be super long..  Making it ridiculous to try and visit the site on mobile. 

41 minutes ago, wakjak said:

As someone who lives in a country with exceptionally small data rates for cell phones 1gb/2gb per month,  why would Neowin run ads that are animated in any way? Image attached. 

Sometimes the wrong sized ad comes through the top placement. I'll look into a fix.. because we can set the height for logged in members, thanks for reporting!

7 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Sometimes the wrong sized ad comes through the top placement. I'll look into a fix.. because we can set the height for logged in members, thanks for reporting!

Will that fix the issue of the battery killing loading bar?